Soooo.. GW2 is coming and you do nothing to keep the PvP-Players here?

Fyda

Hi!

How about some balance changes? How about structured PvP for 1-49? How about a reworked Ilum? How about some change to current Warzones to make them less zergy and more objective based? How about Arena? How about a possibility to make Tournaments? How about a freaking duel zone on the fleet?

I mean, the fight isn't lost, GW2 isn't Star Wars and not everyone will enjoy the combat in it, so go Bioware? I mean, it seems that Bioware is doing nothing atm to keep the PvP-Players here.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Fyda

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

How about some balance changes? How about structured PvP for 1-49? How about a reworked Ilum? How about some change to current Warzones to make them less zergy and more objective based? How about Arena? How about a possibility to make Tournaments? How about a freaking duel zone on the fleet?

I mean, the fight isn't lost, GW2 isn't Star Wars and not everyone will enjoy the combat in it, so go Bioware? I mean, it seems that Bioware is doing nothing atm to keep the PvP-Players here.

Thanks for reading!

I'll be staying... cute post tho. Have fun with GW2.

These threads are pointless for a few reasons

1 u will just be flamed by the fanboys of bioware, even tho u bring up valid points .

2. As far as pvp is concerned this game is a mess. Only the Fotm people are happy atm

3. Bioware is so slow to change anything even if it is blatantly out of wack .

4. I think the solution is to nerf operatives again. they are much more OP than Ptechs ...

These threads are pointless for a few reasons

1 u will just be flamed by the fanboys of bioware, even tho u bring up valid points .

2. As far as pvp is concerned this game is a mess. Only the Fotm people are happy atm

3. Bioware is so slow to change anything even if it is blatantly out of wack .

4. I think the solution is to nerf operatives again. they are much more OP than Ptechs ...

you forgot to add

5. This isn't an arena net forum. Oh yeah...they don't have one.

These threads are pointless for ONE reason.

No one cares if you leave.

Edited for truth.

Games are not on contract (insert 6 month subscription comment here).... you are free to go as you please and if you aren't enjoying it, I hope you find pleasure in the next game that you download.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

He brought up some valid points without being the typical "omg GW2, rawr!" kind of post, so I'm not sure why you would give him slack. I mean, he's actually trying to rally Bioware into improving the game without being biased, but ignorance is bliss I suppose.:rolleyes:

You're forgetting GW2 is probably going to be bad. I played the beta and sadly it was a COMPLETE letdown. Have fun paying for everything. But i mean... Im a juggernaut and im happy with pvp. >.> Wait until you hit endgame pvp. Then there is NO FoTM classes. Trust me. Everything balances out. Edited by halueryphi

You're forgetting GW2 is probably going to be bad. I played the beta and sadly it was a COMPLETE letdown. Have fun paying for everything. But i mean... Im a juggernaut and im happy with pvp. >.> Wait until you hit endgame pvp. Then there is NO FoTM classes. Trust me. Everything balances out.

I played the beta too. You do not have to pay for anything, and even if you did or wanted to, you are still paying 15$ every month for any other mmo. In this instance, you have a choice and know where your money is going. You are completely wrong on that point. You are not required to use the cash shop at all. Period. Hell, I'm not even trying to push for GW2, but at least get it right.

I will not touch anything else you said, as it is all personal opinion. I like both games, both have pros and cons. The main reason I like GW2 is because of the massive WvWvW. This, of course, is not something everyone will enjoy.

Clue is in the title. GW2 is coming, therefore it isn't here yet. If Bioware don't have multiple things going on for last week in August (and beyond) THEN you can make this thread.

Good point... kinda like a bunch of new content... a new planet, level cap, world event that rewards players with a new companion. You mean THAT kind of thing going on? :D

Hi!

Thanks for reading!

I have played GW2 and trust me it may seem new at first but it is a terrible game...those players will be back in a month,,,or less,

You're forgetting GW2 is probably going to be bad. I played the beta and sadly it was a COMPLETE letdown. Have fun paying for everything. But i mean... Im a juggernaut and im happy with pvp. >.> Wait until you hit endgame pvp. Then there is NO FoTM classes. Trust me. Everything balances out.

Yeah, GW2 was probably a bit too much for you considering you couldn't bet on your gear carrying you. If you, in any way shape or form, think the PvP in SWTOR is a cut above GW2, you're simply a delusional fanboy, sorry. I'm subbed to SWTOR, and enjoy it a fair amount...but it is NOT a PvP game. GW2 is designed from the ground up with PvP in mind.

I have played GW2 and trust me it may seem new at first but it is a terrible game...those players will be back in a month,,,or less,

I played all 3 beta weekends and the pvp players will not return. The pvp in GW2 as well as the art and smoothness of the game is amazing. Nice try though :D

Yeah, GW2 was probably a bit too much for you considering you couldn't bet on your gear carrying you. If you, in any way shape or form, think the PvP in SWTOR is a cut above GW2, you're simply a delusional fanboy, sorry. I'm subbed to SWTOR, and enjoy it a fair amount...but it is NOT a PvP game. GW2 is designed from the ground up with PvP in mind.

Agreed and I actually saw a pub botting in a WZ yesterday.

I played all 3 beta weekends and the pvp players will not return. The pvp in GW2 as well as the art and smoothness of the game is amazing. Nice try though :D

^THIS^

GW2 is polished and innovative. Bioware has plenty to be concerned about with the GW2 launch just over a month away.

Na, not really. GW2 is pretty amazing. It offers TONS of customization, tons of possibilities to change a fight and WvWvW.

Edited by Fyda

I pre-purchased GW2 and played in two of their betas. Ever since the SWTOR server merge though I've never looked back. The RvR PvP was fun, but otherwise it doesn't have half of what SWTOR does. Edited by DimeStax

I pre-purchased GW2 and played in two of their betas. Ever since the SWTOR server merge though I've never looked back. The RvR PvP was fun, but otherwise it doesn't have half of what SWTOR does.

Half such as what? Care to list the things that SWTOR has, that GW2 does not? Again, I have a good time playing SWTOR...but the silly dismissal of GW2 by SWTOR fanboys is a bit ridiculous. Is it possible that the game you're playing isn't the only good game in the world?

Na, not really. GW2 is pretty amazing.

In your opinion. Just as his in his opinion it is terrible. Simply because you believe it to be 'amazing' does not make it so. Furthermore, simply because you believe it to be 'amazing' at this juncture when you have not had a great deal of time to play the game, does not mean you will be feeling the same way a month after purchasing it.

I myself have played the beta. I did not like it. I do think that SWTOR is better. I also think that WoW is better. However SWTOR will without a doubt lose a great many subscribers to GW2. As the OP pointed out, Bioware is not only tight lipped, but also take FAR too long to develop new content.

At this point lets be honest, SWTOR is not worth its subscription fee for a PvPer. Minor content updates every 4-5 months is not acceptable. If you are a casual PvPer, why not play GW2? You basically get a game where your gear doesnt matter and you dont have to pay a subscription fee. Whereas with SWTOR you pay $15 thats supposed to cover new content, except there isnt any.

Had they held their promise of consisnently releasing high quality content, i do believe the game would not only retain a great many more subscribers but also attract new ones.

Edited by Gidoru

Hi!

Waves magic one month dev wand... ding, ding and ding!

People are getting laid off in droves and everyone else is looking over shoulder... love this game but let's bring this back to reality.