78 bugs/issues + concerns (3-day period)

Ilsildor

It has nothing to do with the entertainment industry. It's the software industry as a whole. Microsoft, Apple, Google; every single piece of software released today will have many, many bugs that the developers knew about before hand. It's just the way it works.

Compile your little lists as if BioWare didn't already know about them if you like, just don't be upset when bugs aren't fixed, because they will never all be fixed. This is how software development works for all industries:

1. Make sure your application compiles

2. Make sure your application runs for X% of users under Y% of standard-use conditions

3. Release application

4. Release patch after patch trying to bring both X and Y to 100%, ultimately failing because it's impossible. It's basically a limit; as the amount of time that your application has been released approaches infinity, X and Y will approach but never reach 100.

Please don't try to add armchair lawyering to your armchair software developing.

Your concerns are valid. Your expectations are not.

You were doing well until that last line. That is why I will not take you seriously. Saying that beta testers were ignored is absolutely the most childish and incorrect way to deal with the fact that there are still bugs in the game. Their feedback was put into an endless pile of other bug fixes, new content development, and business management red tape.

You're asking BioWare to produce a circle with three sides. It's not that they refuse to give you what you want, or that they're ignoring your requests, or that their programmers are too stupid to give you this. A circle with three sides is just *********** impossible.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean.

I can definately tell you work in software, perhaps even game development.

Compiling the list helps, it really does, but they're never going to let on to what their bug squash goals are, who's assigned to what, what their ETA's are or even how they're being prioritize, by nature those are internal development ideas only.

Bioware could feign community relation interest by posting and commenting and having design discussions, and priority discussions somewhat openly on the forums, but it would be open to interpretation if this would be enough for us to cut them any slack.

IMO, the bug tolerance and feature forgiviness is higher when a game is fun. If we're having enough fun the bugs and issues won't bother us so much. If its not that much fun, well then.... you get threads and forum temperature like what we're seeing naturally on these boards.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my concerns/bugs

1. Voss flying, it drops me out of the air and if I run to quickly it auto deaths me (yea my fault and no I was not mad, it was actually funny)

2. when you switch to companion on your character screen it should compare his gear as you mouse over and not your own gear.

3. chat window is fubar. I hate it will not use it and have maybe grouped with 3 players total in all my 46 levels. It is annoying, is dysfunctional and is a PITA when grouped and need to type something to other players. ( I am used to hitting my enter key which auto puts the cursor into chat window, then start typing and 10 billion (yea I am exaggerating) pop up.

anyway it needs a lot of work imo, but it wont bother me if they don't since I won't use it unless I am standing around doing nothing, which is never.

overall, since I have noticed that I have never had a problem with money through solo leveling. I think people who group do have this problem, as they are sharing money/items with others....but just my opinion, could be wrong.

lots of other bugs, but I tend to look past them and just continue to play, eventually there will be 2 outcomes A) they get fixed...B) they don't...and I am not gonna hold my breath either way.

- Sith Robot Companion annoying as f- Excellent! I was just wondering what I could do to please you!

And this is really just personal opinion. I love having a lickspittle droid. The 'same colour, only fresher' line still cracks me up. Frankly, I feel that adding personal opinion in an otherwise comprehensive list of objective shortcomings cheapens the entire endeavour, but it's your post so whatever.

Not really an opinion. Yes, his comments on entering your ship are often humorous and I enjoy them. But, take him out for a stroll, kill some critters and listen to his ONE line of conversation "Excellent! I was just wondering what I could do to please you!" every 5-10 seconds and see how much you love it. :)

Maybe not a bug. Perhaps they didn't think we'd ever take him off the ship.

Or, this is their way to discourage it.

It has nothing to do with the entertainment industry. It's the software industry as a whole. Microsoft, Apple, Google; every single piece of software released today will have many, many bugs that the developers knew about before hand. It's just the way it works.

Compile your little lists as if BioWare didn't already know about them if you like, just don't be upset when bugs aren't fixed, because they will never all be fixed. This is how software development works for all industries:

1. Make sure your application compiles

2. Make sure your application runs for X% of users under Y% of standard-use conditions

3. Release application

4. Release patch after patch trying to bring both X and Y to 100%, ultimately failing because it's impossible. It's basically a limit; as the amount of time that your application has been released approaches infinity, X and Y will approach but never reach 100.

Please don't try to add armchair lawyering to your armchair software developing.

Your concerns are valid. Your expectations are not.

You were doing well until that last line. That is why I will not take you seriously. Saying that beta testers were ignored is absolutely the most childish and incorrect way to deal with the fact that there are still bugs in the game. Their feedback was put into an endless pile of other bug fixes, new content development, and business management red tape.

You're asking BioWare to produce a circle with three sides. It's not that they refuse to give you what you want, or that they're ignoring your requests, or that their programmers are too stupid to give you this. A circle with three sides is just *********** impossible.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean.

A computer does what its told to do. It does whatever the 1s and 0s tell it to do. If you can't make it do what its supposed to do and you're being paid to do it, you must not be very good at your job.

The only reason the *software* industry can get away with releasing shoddy products is because the consumers buy those products and use those products, often times not knowing at point of purchase what in particular makes the product shoddy, and they along with the retailers of said software have a little racket going that gives you no option but to to deal with the shoddy product or eat the loss.

If you work in software, good for you, you may understand how the 1s and 0s go together. I don't I never claimed to know how the 1s and 0s go together, so as far as the arm-chair software developing, goes I'm going to treat that like the ad-hominum attack that it is.

But I will tell you this, the average consumer, is more like me than you. We don't care what excuses someone has as to why something doesn't work. We don't care about your industry standards. We don't care about what is and is not acceptable within your professional community. We care about our money and getting what we were told we were paying for.

I'm only asking Bioware to give me circle with three sides because that's what the box they sold me was purported to contain.

Wow never expected so many responses. I was simply gathering a list out of shear annoyance and making it fun (so many bugs.. so little time). But just as well, I'm surprised by how many additional bugs everyone here's been reporting.

I think I'd agree with most in that I'd rather see fixes before content. Heck, I don't even really WANT to raid or play that much because of the bugs - I'm too scared that something'll screw up and make me waste multiple hours and infuriate my teammates. Like I said previously, I eagerly await a patch to fix a lot of these things and I truly hope it'll come soon because I can only tolerate so much before it just isn't really that fun anymore.

As someone previously posted, I doubt the post will actually HELP Bioware solve the problems that much - but it was mostly a fun thing for me to do to give some players out there a perspective on the current state of the game. (as in, if you weren't excited enough to pre-order it... I'd uh... recommend waiting.)

But I will tell you this, the average consumer, is more like me than you. We don't care what excuses someone has as to why something doesn't work. We don't care about your industry standards. We don't care about what is and is not acceptable within your professional community. We care about our money and getting what we were told we were paying for.

Actually, the average consumer either plays the game, or quits playing the game. The average consumer certainly does not whine about the game while continuing to play it on the forums. That is reserved for an elite group - a Havok Squad of little girls, if you will.

I'm only asking Bioware to give me circle with three sides because that's what the box they sold me was purported to contain.
Your SWTOR box listed hundreds of features, each one corresponding to the particular "bugs" in this thread and flat out told you the opposite of what's in game? Your box specifically said "The guild roster always contains the correct list of online guild members!" and "When splitting stacks, the item is NOT linked in chat!"

You were offered a game where you could pretend to be magic munk with a rave stick and that's exactly what you got. Just because Malavi ******* Quinn's portrait doesn't resemble his character doesn't mean BioWare cheated you.

I would, however, like to congratulate you and others like you on these forums for inadvertently inventing zeroth world problems: Zeroth World Problems, for when complaining about how annoying the low battery warning on your Kindle is doesn't feel pointless enough.

Actually, the average consumer either plays the game, or quits playing the game. The average consumer certainly does not whine about the game while continuing to play it on the forums. That is reserved for an elite group - a Havok Squad of little girls, if you will.

Your SWTOR box listed hundreds of features, each one corresponding to the particular "bugs" in this thread and flat out told you the opposite of what's in game? Your box specifically said "The guild roster always contains the correct list of online guild members!" and "When splitting stacks, the item is NOT linked in chat!"

You were offered a game where you could pretend to be magic munk with a rave stick and that's exactly what you got. Just because Malavi ******* Quinn's portrait doesn't resemble his character doesn't mean BioWare cheated you.

I would, however, like to congratulate you and others like you on these forums for inadvertently inventing zeroth world problems: Zeroth World Problems, for when complaining about how annoying the low battery warning on your Kindle is doesn't feel pointless enough.

Dude, you are absolutely hilarious. Laughed more than once. haha

Sound cuts out/does not play correctly at all. Music can stop playing for no reason at all in some areas. Also noticed that Belsavis does not seem to have music at all.

Back groud NPC talk range seems off, have heard NPCs talking as ambient noise at a base, when Im already 100ft away from the base.

Controls are not consistent. To preview an item you alt+right click.....unless you are looking at a vendor then you ctrrl+left click. The game even tells you to always alt+right click, no wonder so many people have mistakenly bought things.

Quick Slot 1 is always bound to right click, no way to unbind.

LOTS of clipping issues with robes/hoods/armor.

Green streaks in the sky.

Space combat FPS issues, during the S_____ evac mission for republic when the screen fills with ships on fire/smoking and all those asteroids the FPS drops like Mega Man on NES when there were too many enemies on screen.

Companions take forever to enter combat, even when told to attack

GTN, can't search by slot or stat, filters do not work.

can't search though crafting recipes under crew skills

UI has giant picture of me and my class written on it...why in case I suffer a brain injury while playing

Windows in UI are set to auto-close and can only have a max of 2 open at once, also they shift position.

If inventory window is open on right of screen and you mouse over an implant and have companion comparisons turned on, 3/4 comparisons are off screen to the left.

GFX lack options for partical effects and draw distance.

Chat-no server wide channels to make grouping easier, discussion of quests easier etc.

Guild window doesnt always correctly show whos online.

LFG tool is built into WHO tool, LFG tool needs to be its OWN tool and needs to be searchable.

AC-choice just puts a bag in your inventory but doesnt seem to tell you this. seems like theres 100000 questions about how do I get X weapon now that I am X class.

Crafters serve no function, everything they can craft can be gotten from a vendor for Commendations. Orange gear is WAY to easy to get, and its way too expencive/time consuming for a crafter to make a prototype.

Crafters have too many items, why is it that from level 10-50 I can make 21 versions of the same item....what is the though process behind offering an upgrade every 2 levels? Simple answer is Premiums are made for leveling up the skill, but do we still need that many items?

UI lacks target of target, real pain for grouping

no combat log, so can never know what works and what doesnt, can never know what just killed you.

There are many legitimate problems that you mentioned.

However, this is the one that has given me the most frustration.

I am a Jedi Guardian tank...and you would think with the giant stack of skills they give you, almost too much, they would actually make some of them generate threat. Not just taunt....

As a tank I should be able to hold aggro while the entire group AOE's the mobs. I can barely hold one mob aggroed at this point.

Fix Now Please.

Just so you know, we have gone through a few flashpoints without a tank (Yes, at higher levels). It was a tad more difficult, but doable. I think what they are trying to do, is allow tanks to mitigate "some to most" of the damage but not "all" of the damage. They have tools in there to also allow the "group" to mitigate some of the damage if you do have a tank in there. Try to get out of the WoW mindset and try to play this game without thinking of WoW.

Would suggest sticky this thread, bug lists are extremely helpful. But unfortunately, the replys you got are... well, it goes with out saying <_<

No matter what kind of thread you make, children will always try to turn it into a warzone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

We do appreciate and encourage constructive feedback of all kinds, both positive and negative. There are a couple of threads we have that are great places to give your thoughts and opinions on bugs and suggestions of features you would like to see in game. We are going to close this thread and encourage you to add your constructive feedback to one of the following threads:

The Ultimate Bug List

The Suggestion Compilation

Thank you for understanding!