Black Talon/Esseles destination question

this question is mainly about story mode.

I tried googling, but I have found no answers and I'd rather not test it in a pug and piss people off unnecessarily, but does anyone know for sure if selected destination affects the whole group regardless of which choice they actually made, or do people get to go to destination of their choice even if they didn't win the conversation roll?

in my experience so far, we'd usually decide on a destination beforehand and everyone would just click the same one, but sometimes it means taking an extra loading screen for me and I have loooooong loading screens and so I was wondering..

this question is mainly about story mode.

I tried googling, but I have found no answers and I'd rather not test it in a pug and piss people off unnecessarily, but does anyone know for sure if selected destination affects the whole group regardless of which choice they actually made, or do people get to go to destination of their choice even if they didn't win the conversation roll?

in my experience so far, we'd usually decide on a destination beforehand and everyone would just click the same one, but sometimes it means taking an extra loading screen for me and I have loooooong loading screens and so I was wondering..

I think it uses the dialogue roll to determine destination. I.e., if you win the dialogue choice your destination gets chosen. At least I think that happened to me on a pug once. Someone chose something else and they won the roll so we went there.

Unless it's been changed, the above post is correct. Whoever wins the roll chooses the destination for everyone. Makes for a great way to annoy people, but little else. Generally it's best to just choose the Fleet, since it's a faster load time and the shuttle to DK/Coruscant is right there anyway for people who want it.

ah. thank you very much all for the answers

fleet actually has a pretty long loading screen for me, part of the reason why I was wondering , but I guess I'll keep dealing :p

its part of the reason why I always keep a book next to computer after all

Buy an SSD(128 gigs is like a hundred bucks), put Windows and SWTOR on it(and anything else you use all the time), and be amazed at how much better your computer is now. Simply the best single upgrade I have ever made to any computer system ever in terms of performance boost.