An answer from the developers.

tekhiun

Recently the dev Rob Hinkle posted:

Rob:

• I agree, I haven't done a good job closing the feedback loop on the forums and that is something I would like to try to correct.

reguarding the lack of communication from the dev team with the pvp community.

I would like give the chance for the dev team to improve their communication and post 5 questions that have been on the mind of pvp community, hoping that we could get an answer either as a dev post or as part of a blog post. As a disclaimer I don't want to pretend I am talking on behalf of the entire pvp community but from what I have read on this forum I think it would be quite satisfying to have those questions answered.

1 - Why haven't the issues with bubble stun and rage/focus specs been corrected yet ? A temporally quick fix would have sufficed, like reverting back the stun to mezz and making rage/focus work the way they did before the patch. Instead these issues just lingered for months creating a frustrating pvp environment for everyone.

2 - Will we get a big class balance patch before the expasion is released ? If yes would it be possible to give an approximate date of when it will be released ? What about a patch that fixes bubblestun and rage/focus ?

3- Even though there are tons of threads with proposals of magical fixes to classes , it is nearly impossible to design a game that offers diversity in gameplay and it is completely balanced. Is there a plan to release patches with class balances more frequently in order to avoid a huge number of FOTMs classes like it has happened recently ?

4- How much pvp will be left on Ilum on the incoming 1.7 patch , from the info we got so far it seems like a pve centered patch.

5- Are there any plans of creating warzone queues that separate premades and solo players ? Or even a matching system that would try to put premade teams against other premade teams and only match premade teams against pugs as a last resort ?

Finally I would like to suggest that the devs would post their reply to common questions on the pvp forum as stickied dev posts. This would avoid immense number of new threads addressing the same issue to be posted and leave space to more constructive and fun threads for the pvp community.

May the peace ( which is a lie ) be with you.

Ya number 1 why isn't bubble stun nerfed yet? I don't like to be interrupted when I melee someone. It's not pvp to have me get cc for a couple seconds when I could be just pressing puttons non stop and smashing and killing stuff. I hate it when I am killing a squishy and all of a sudden I get stunned for a couple seconds. It's a waste of time cause now it takes me longer to kill them and that's not good for pvp.

As far as all the class balancing goes. I feel as though I can safely say that they already have (and for awhile now) their ideas on fixing class balance and they are simply waiting for RotHC to release to impliment them all. There really isn't much point in trying to balance a class that in a few short months will be completely redone with the new level cap increase.

Yes, it's been months that class balance had it's issues. Yes, they can fix them now because we still want balanced PVP today and for the next few months.

But... --this is the metaphor that I'm going to use.

It's like you cracked your phone and can sort of manage to see the screen, you can still use the phone and your contract is up in a few months so you might as well live with it for now because you'll be getting a free new phone anyway.

Ya number 1 why isn't bubble stun nerfed yet? I don't like to be interrupted when I melee someone. It's not pvp to have me get cc for a couple seconds when I could be just pressing puttons non stop and smashing and killing stuff. I hate it when I am killing a squishy and all of a sudden I get stunned for a couple seconds. It's a waste of time cause now it takes me longer to kill them and that's not good for pvp.

The problem is that this squishy can also be chain-stunned.

I think there will be no changes prior to the expansion, and now is so close that it does not make sense. I assume everyone is waiting for this expansion to fix the balancing issues in the pvp game. There are quite a few players, including myself, that are seriously thinking of unsub if this is not the case. There are a few classes and specs that have been way too long on the UP side and these players have had enough.

Reguarding the argument, why fix now if they gonna change later ? Well because its broken. The expansion is expected to come out on spring, which by bioware standards it will be by early summer. And even if it comes out on april I rather have 2 months worth of more enjoyable pvp than to wait and see IF they will even do something about it. This do it later mentality is actually the worst thing about this game. Devs keep rushing out content without fixing the one that already exists. There are still bugs that have been here since launch.

Not to mention that its a very huge assumption that they will actually fix classes when they release the expansion, they might just as well just add more skill points and abilities. If you think that's unlikely just think about the last couple of months with all the smashers and bubble stunners running around and not one single manifestation from the dev team other then "we are gonna check our metrics"....

As far as all the class balancing goes. I feel as though I can safely say that they already have (and for awhile now) their ideas on fixing class balance and they are simply waiting for RotHC to release to impliment them all. There really isn't much point in trying to balance a class that in a few short months will be completely redone with the new level cap increase.

Yes, it's been months that class balance had it's issues. Yes, they can fix them now because we still want balanced PVP today and for the next few months.

But... --this is the metaphor that I'm going to use.

It's like you cracked your phone and can sort of manage to see the screen, you can still use the phone and your contract is up in a few months so you might as well live with it for now because you'll be getting a free new phone anyway.

I get where you're coming from, but they could dramatically improve balance if they sat down for 15 minutes and said, "Ok, bubble stuns only apply to the caster, and smash is getting a 20% nerf. We'll worry about the rest after the expansion, but this is a decent start."

I get where you're coming from, but they could dramatically improve balance if they sat down for 15 minutes and said, "Ok, bubble stuns only apply to the caster, and smash is getting a 20% nerf. We'll worry about the rest after the expansion, but this is a decent start."

Indeed if it is too much to expect a quick fix while they work things out , then I think this game destined to fail (and i really dont like saying that as I am a subscriber since pre - release). Personally i would rather we had a class fix every week (even if its just undoing mistakes) than having it untouched for months.

In trying to get to balance there will always be a class left behind if even there is ever a so called (Balance),i doubt there ever will be nor do i think there will be based on "One on one".

That said the least played class was the one that got whacked not once,not twice but three times in very fast order,i have no doubt that that class will most likely be forever left at the bottom,aside from being forced to heal.

In trying to get to balance there will always be a class left behind if even there is ever a so called (Balance),i doubt there ever will be nor do i think there will be based on "One on one".

That said the least played class was the one that got whacked not once,not twice but three times in very fast order,i have no doubt that that class will most likely be forever left at the bottom,aside from being forced to heal.

I missed you cupcake... come give me a big ol man hug.

Any communication from the pvp team at this point would be welcomed as I have only seen 1 post on these pvp forums from bw in quite some time.

I'd also like to know what happened to the AC feedback threads that were made a few months back. What were they used for?

Bump for justice. Great questions, definitely among the most important and popular for the PvP community. I'll add my own as it pertains to my two mains and will be the sole cause of my Subing or dumping this game like a sack of rocks.

1) How do you feel about DPS Mandos/Mercs (Both Gunnery and Assault) and DPS Scoundrels/Ops (Both Concealment and Lethality) being nothing short of not viable for Ranked PvP? Having very few utility and mediocre to decent damage, there is absolutely no reason to bring these classes to a ranked match. Please shed some light on your thoughts to their current state and why you feel it's justified to leave these horribly underpowered and dysfunctional specs in their present state.

Some solid answers on those topics would be much appreciated.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

The answer to whether or not any of these questions will actually be responded to by a BW/EA rep can be most accurately addressed by asking another question.

Do any of the original questions have anything to do with EA making money on cartel items?

I'll leave the answer blank because I don't want to ruin the surprise. :rolleyes:

Recently the dev Rob Hinkle posted:

reguarding the lack of communication from the dev team with the pvp community.

I would like give the chance for the dev team to improve their communication and post 5 questions that have been on the mind of pvp community, hoping that we could get an answer either as a dev post or as part of a blog post. As a disclaimer I don't want to pretend I am talking on behalf of the entire pvp community but from what I have read on this forum I think it would be quite satisfying to have those questions answered.

1 - Why haven't the issues with bubble stun and rage/focus specs been corrected yet ? A temporally quick fix would have sufficed, like reverting back the stun to mezz and making rage/focus work the way they did before the patch. Instead these issues just lingered for months creating a frustrating pvp environment for everyone.

2 - Will we get a big class balance patch before the expasion is released ? If yes would it be possible to give an approximate date of when it will be released ? What about a patch that fixes bubblestun and rage/focus ?

3- Even though there are tons of threads with proposals of magical fixes to classes , it is nearly impossible to design a game that offers diversity in gameplay and it is completely balanced. Is there a plan to release patches with class balances more frequently in order to avoid a huge number of FOTMs classes like it has happened recently ?

4- How much pvp will be left on Ilum on the incoming 1.7 patch , from the info we got so far it seems like a pve centered patch.

5- Are there any plans of creating warzone queues that separate premades and solo players ? Or even a matching system that would try to put premade teams against other premade teams and only match premade teams against pugs as a last resort ?

Finally I would like to suggest that the devs would post their reply to common questions on the pvp forum as stickied dev posts. This would avoid immense number of new threads addressing the same issue to be posted and leave space to more constructive and fun threads for the pvp community.

May the peace ( which is a lie ) be with you.

If you pay attention to the thread in which that dev posted that comment, it took him two weeks from when the thread opened to when that comment was made. So IF you are lucky you might get a response... IN two weeks.

The answer to whether or not any of these questions will actually be responded to by a BW/EA rep can be most accurately addressed by asking another question.

Do any of the original questions have anything to do with EA making money on cartel items?

I'll leave the answer blank because I don't want to ruin the surprise. :rolleyes:

I agree , it does seem that bioware has certainly focused much more on putting recolored items on the cartel than anything else , I am hoping that 1.7 will drop on PTS tomorrow , or something like that . Tbh its quite annoying that they take it down, would be nice to see 1.7 come to life incrementally on the pts.

While the OP asked some important and timely questions I'd like to ask a couple more.

1. Are there any plans to reduce the number and duration of the game killing stuns that are ruining PvP for EVERYONE who plays the game?

2. Will I be able to buy a CC immunity stim on the Cartel Market and how much will it cost? I would happily pay $50/month for CC immunity for my account.

Thanks for your considerate and timely answers.

They are afraid of answering because they dont want to nerf 2 very popular classes and losing customers and they want the fotm kids to level some alts so they can still play fotm classes so they are giving them more time to level period Edited by Danapa

I'd be very disappointed in Mythic if they don't patch the game soon, and well before the release of the expansion.

At this point, it's not about what's convenient for them. It's about proving their competence to us. They got handed SWTOR from the real Bioware. Can they make an actual go of it?

So far, it's not been going so well. They need to ramp up their work responsiveness by about 100 fold. This is supposed to be a AAA MMO, not Warhammer 2.