Does anyone else delete characters when you are defeated?

Highsis

I did a few times for RP purpose. For me, 'defeats' don't count if I'm doing a WZ, Heroic, FP, and a fall to death. (damn datacron!)

But otherwise if my character is defeated I delete the character and start over. It kinda gives me a thrill for every mundane battle in the game. The highest lv character I deleted was only lvl 17 though, because I try to use every advantage possible before doing any quests, like being 6 levels ahead and using stims.

Does anyone else play by this or alike hardcore rules?

Edited by Highsis

I did a few times for RP purpose. For me, 'defeats' don't count if I'm doing a WZ, Heroic, FP, and a fall to death. (damn datacron!)

Well, you shouldn't die to anything else (other than some random 50 ganking you while questing).

But otherwise if my character is defeated I delete the character and start over. It kinda gives me a thrill for every mundane battle in the game. The highest lv character I deleted was only lvl 17 though, because I try to use every advantage possible before doing any quests, like being 6 levels ahead and using stims.

I have leveled one jedi shadow and one jedi sentinel to lvl 50 and haven't died even once when leveling them so no offence but if you die at lvl 17 you really are not that good :D

Plus it is dumb since if that was a proper rpg you would be able to reload your save game and then it wouldn't be a problem.

This is total waste of time in my opinion.

I have leveled one jedi shadow and one jedi sentinel to lvl 50 and haven't died even once when leveling them so no offence but if you die at lvl 17 you really are not that good :D

You can't say that. Your playstyle is probably safer.

I'm pretty good at this game. My playstyle is absurdly risky. I explore and try to make jumps I know I probably can't make. I enjoy risking everything and trying to go through elite areas I shouldn't be in (heroic 4s and stuff).

You can't possibly say someone might not be good based on that little bit of information without being full of yourself.

Were you six levels ahead when you were defeated? I'm not sure if a mob can even hit you if you are 6 level ahead. I know for players if a mob is more than 4 levels over you most of your attacks will miss or be resisted.

Fighting stuff six levels lower than you isn't hard core. Fighting stuff 4 levels above you (the highest you can go before 90% of you attacks miss) would be more of a challenge.

So considering, if you are defeated by mobs 6 levels below your level and you have stims up, yes you should delete that toon.

Who wants to play DELETE THAT TOON?!

So considering, if you are defeated by mobs 6 levels below your level and you have stims up, yes you should delete that toon.

Depends on what he was doing as some mobs can still hurt you even if you are 5-6 levels above.

Depends on what he was doing as some mobs can still hurt you even if you are 5-6 levels above.

If it's soloing a H4, I'll go so far as to say H2, ok. but single player content gonna say, go ahead delete.

If it's soloing a H4, I'll go so far as to say H2, ok. but single player content gonna say, go ahead delete.

Why has the thread turned into noob bashing? lol

and I'm bit irritated with your replies that repeatedly said I need to delete my toons so I will say this:

What makes you think I was doing lvl 11 quest when my lvl 17 char died? When you finish your starting planet your quests are already lvl 10sh. You will generally achieve +6 level to your quests much later, at which point I never died since my highest deleted toon was level 17 that was doing level 16~17 quests. You are patronizing only to display your arrogance.

Edited by Highsis

Why has the thread turned into noob bashing? lol

and I'm bit irritated with your replies that repeatedly said I need to delete my toons so I will say this:

What makes you think I was doing lvl 11 quest when my lvl 17 char died? When you finish your starting planet your quests are already lvl 10sh. You will generally achieve +6 level to your quests much later, at which point I never died since my highest deleted toon was level 17 that was doing level 16~17 quests. You are patronizing only to display your arrogance.

In your OP you said you like to have an advantage like being 6 levels ahead. ie being level 20 doing a level 14 quest

Deleting a character when s/he got defeated is like committing suicide after getting defeated... one cannot always win, so defeat is part of the life, sure Luke Skywalker is more or less trying to commit suicide after he got defeated by Vader in Episode V, but that is the exception not the rule, and the story would just be terrible had he died there.

this is the dumbest thing ive ever laid eyes on.

this is the dumbest thing ive ever laid eyes on.

Welcome to the internet!

But seriously you have never played a dead is dead game? Now i feel old, all you youngsters who don't even realize the thrill of playing knowing you cant die or you have to start over, sure for the first few hours its no biggie because you haven't really invested but after that.

Plus it is dumb since if that was a proper rpg you would be able to reload your save game and then it wouldn't be a problem.

This is total waste of time in my opinion.

So you have never died on those characters? Not once in pvp? Not once in pve against everything possible in this game? Did you level up solo? I ask because I am not sure I can believe it. Not that it matters if I believe you or not right? hehehe

The the OP, I have seen guild mates delete toons for pretty crazy reasons and those who judge you just don't play the way you do. Personally I have not deleted a character for dieing, but I can see how in the RP world, that would be some hardcore playing. :D