Class Feedback

CommunitySupport

You know there is a problem when every other advanced class believes that they are a counterpick to sorcs.

This pretty much says it all.

BW- you forgot one last question.

3- Sorcs, how do you think Bioware views your class?

Answer- Well let's see, sorcs are now at the point where even threads MADE BY BIOWARE ITSELF about sorc balance can't get a response or a dev to look at them in four months and counting.

Let's not pretend you care one bit about this class BW, you haven't listened once to us, you haven't done anything for us- the one thing you gave us the stun bubble we didn't ask for in the first place- and immediately after you promised marauders you'd remove it- only way to get you to make changes to our class it seems is if marauders ask for them.

Really, why did you start this thread and then ignore everything that was said in it? Was this a 'let's see how long we can trick them into thinking we aren't ignoring them' plan? It's not working- sorcs aren't stupid, we know you're clueless and the only class you come running for is your favoured marauders...

Frankly- what's even with your questions? Asking how we and others feel about us? Really? Where's the questions on say- what you think is the matter, what improvements could be made, what's not working- because those are questions worth getting answers to.

Of course- if you intend to ignore what we say anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter what we talk about does it. We could solve world hunger and invent limitless energy in this thread and you'd be none the wiser.

Maybe it's time to fire some of those devs you have tossing out infractions, and use their salaries to hire one or two people to actually read and answer player concerns? Crazy idea I know.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Im not a big fan of pvp played a fair amount though. Other classes prob look at us as very weak and easy to kill class. Love being mauled to death by a jug in less than 3 secs.

2. In pve i am fine fore the most part survivability wise. The self heal helped out a whole lot with that. I am still weaker in dps than my sniper counterparts. I have accepted that i will never reach the same lvl of dps as a merc or sniper with the same lvl of gear i have simply because i am a sorc. Healing spec seems fine. I play lightning tree.

I feel sorcs are like this thread, neglected and ignored for everything except healing and bubbles. Don't mind that too much since I play a Lightning sorc and the stats for Lightning and healing are almost the same so I can abuse that free respec as much as I want :D

But seriously sixteen pages and no response what so ever? Wasn't there supposed to be a couple of "we will communicate more" promises? Or was that intended for LOLsmash warriors?

Edited by Diablo_Cow

I feel sorcs are like this thread, neglected and ignored for everything except healing and bubbles. Don't mind that too much since I play a Lightning sorc and the stats for Lightning and healing are almost the same so I can abuse that free respec as much as I want :D

But seriously sixteen pages and no response what so ever? Wasn't there supposed to be a couple of "we will communicate more" promises? Or was that intended for LOLsmash warriors?

It was intended for lolsmash. The first time BW acknowledged the sorc class even existed since this thread was made, was to promise lolsmash warriors that sorcs were getting yet another nerf.

EA already got worst company in America- now it looks like it's time for BW to get worst balance job in an mmo in the world.

They probably fired everyone when the game ran out of cash and went f2p- pretty sure right now they have only one dev, and that's a marauder from the forum who they're not even paying.

Edited by fungihoujo

A slight improvement to really bring sorcs up to speed with what you would expect from the class at the head of the Empire.

1-bring online a further DOT, and join it together in one ability with Crushing Darkness, Affliction and Force Slow and remove any casting time.

2-Lightnight Strike Damage to be Tripled (at least)

3-Thrash and Sabre Strike to be tripled (at least)

4-Allow the use of Companion at all times, but as Auto-Attack only

5-Change Consumption into 2 abilities "Health Drain" & "Force Drain" and take what you need from opponents instead, for extra spice you could take these from Allies too.

Even these changes will not make Sorcs top of the pile but at least we'll be in the main group in pvp, and we won't have players running past them to get to more important toons standing behind them which really is inexcusable for a Star Wars game.

ps, We still wouldn't have a big bang hitter by any means...but having your "trainee" with you at all times would be a really novel boost in all departments.

1. How do you think your Sorcerer spec is perceived by other classes?

Will go with DPS because I heal on an Op. In PVP? The perception is that sorcerors are free kills.

In PvE, the perception is they're 'good enough' but not the best.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

!

In PvP, difficult to play and sort of sub-optimal, though not tremendously underpowered if you can kite, which isn't exactly easy (sorcs seem to be the one class where memorization of attackers' skill are absolutely necessary to have success).

In PvE, I'm more or less fine with it, but would prefer madness' damage (specifically burst damage) and force regen got a buff (latter's a little more important than the former) so I can go back to that.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

I think it should be noted, BW dev that isn't paying attention to the thread you guys made- almost everyone is saying the exact same thing (except a few sents, lol, like ProfWalsh I noticed putting in one even though he's one of the biggest pro-sent anti sorc people on the board)-

People think of us as a free kill. We are in that bad of space.

General:

1) Sorcs get another passive buff... Dark Side Mastery "Through their mastery of the Dark Side force their force attacks are increased by 50% damage"

2) Sorc Bubble........ absorbs a hell of a lot more damage than it does now

3) Unnatural Preservation (that's what the insta heal is called right?)...... does not respect global cooldown

4) Let us equip any lightsaber we want in whatever hand we want just for show, we don't use them anyway

5) Jolt..... reduced CD to 8 seconds, same as Warriors

6) Unbreakable Will...... 1:30 min CD standard

7) Force Slow....... decrease the CD to 6 or 8 seconds

8) Punish..... let us use our social ability on other players please!!

9) Consumption....... make the Force you get = the health you spend, 8 to 8% or 15 to 15%

Madness: (Sorc class only)

1) Will of the Sith..... 2 points, 3% per point, 9% total (hey snipers get 9%)

2) Parasitism.... ALL periodic hits, not just crits

3) Sith Efficacy..... either 1 of 2 things: #1 = 3 pt skill with only change being 1% Force regained per point, so 3% instead of 1; #2 = 2 pt skill, pushback @ 37.5% per point (same total), Force regen chance at 50% per point (same total), Force regained 1% per point (1% more than current)

4) Death Field...... health regained increased to 25% of damage done (per person hit of course)

5) Switch Corrupted Flesh and Force Horrors....... Corrupted Flesh is now a tier 5 activation ability, 2 pts, reduces damage taken by 7.5/15% for 15 seconds, 1:30 min CD

6) Bring back our old Wrath Proc!!

7) No increased damage on specific abilities due to General #1

Lightning:

1) Electric Induction or Convection........ make either of those a 2 point ability with the same %

2) Backlash (for all you QQ'ers out there)...... only applies the cc when bubble breaks ON DAMAGE, no clicking it off

3) Forked Lightning..... same 3 pt skill, 20/40/60% damage for second strike

4) No increased damage on specific abilities due to General #1

Corruption:

1) Do something about Haunting Presence..... really? a buff to Presence? come on just make it 2/4% to all headling done

2) Reconstruct....... 10/20% armor rating per point

3) Fadeout...... maybe also make it increase Force Speed duration by 1 second per point

Penetrating Darkness change....... chance to hit? when does any Force ability ever not hit? maybe make it 1/2/3% to healing done

Any of those changes I would love.

I think it should be noted, BW dev that isn't paying attention to the thread you guys made- almost everyone is saying the exact same thing (except a few sents, lol, like ProfWalsh I noticed putting in one even though he's one of the biggest pro-sent anti sorc people on the board)-

People think of us as a free kill. We are in that bad of space.

I'm not as doom and gloom about sorcs as some people are, but believe me, the fact that a sorc overbuff (backlash) sees announced plans to change it immediately and a rage warrior overbuff gets a wait and see (shrug) has not escaped my notice. Nor has the fact that the same reasoning that detached wrath from CL in 1.2 (too much aoe), which I agreed with at the time, has not been applied to the rage tree in warriors.

I'm not as doom and gloom about sorcs as some people are, but believe me, the fact that a sorc overbuff (backlash) sees announced plans to change it immediately and a rage warrior overbuff gets a wait and see (shrug) has not escaped my notice. Nor has the fact that the same reasoning that detached wrath from CL in 1.2 (too much aoe), which I agreed with at the time, has not been applied to the rage tree in warriors.

I wish my wrath CL proc hit multiple people for 6k back in the day, the nerf might have been justified then.

PS BIOWARE!

I can still pad meters with madness to do too much damage and screw up your precious metrics! Maybe you should nerf our DoTs next. Clearly they're doing too much damage.

It's disgusting how unnoticed and over nerfed this class is. (Mercs are also in this same position, but at least they have a high DPS PVE tree where the sorc still stands in the middle of mediocrity.)

I'm a sorc only pvp. Min maxed war hero and some elite war hero armorings. My force bonus damage is 1028 my expertise is 1158, I have elite warlord status. I'm dps and I bounce from different builds depending on the war zone. I am top three in damage in war zones. I cast affliction on everyone I see then aoe everyone. I havnt seen any sorcs with exp and bonus damage that high..

Me some guildies about 16 of us recently set up a rated war Zone where each team captain would pick a player and this would keep going back and forth, kind of like picking teams when u were little. Needless to say out of 16 people i was picked last. For the most part I do more dps then most people picked ahead of me, how ever everyone knows a sorcs dps is a joke because it takes me longer to kill someone then it takes them to kill me. That's what ranked is about its burst. We don't have any. Lower the seconds on the dots. Giving sorcs an extra six seconds of affliction makes that 21 seconds? It makes our damage look nice but I don't live 21 seconds. The skill tree needs to have points where I can minimize the dot time and keep the same damage.

Death field sometimes hits a target for 1200 damage. Fix this it's broken. Smash aoes 6k never less than 4k. Give sorcs a cast that when someone is within ten meters and below 30 percent health we have a finishing move like most good dos classes. I get so frustrated playing my sorc that I log onto my sentinal just to go after sorcs. I can hit a sorc for 7k followed up by 5k!!!! Fix this, this can't be what u guys had in mind. I've honestly stopped playing as much out of frustration. I love the challenge and the way u have to be a wizard when it comes to footwork. But it's broke and need to be on par with other dps classes. Btw guys any class that can leep to u is a range class. Especially how minimal the leap cool down is. On my sent a sorc cannot get away from me.I love the game but am losing interest when I keet on getting hit for 5k by some leaping newb geared sent , guardian or what ever.

I am running and kiting in game so much that in real life I try to keep everyone at 31 meters just in case they try something on me. It's messing up my love life and the game I love. Show us some love by making our kill time quicker.

I'm in full BM aug willpower, with some WH. Lightning/corruption hybrid. Chain lightning regularly hits for under 1k damage- some games I can't break a 2.5k crit.

That's just sad- our damage is atrocious, and not having a good DF and CL spec where CL got the madness proc bonus destroyed our burst entirely. Being able to chain CD, DF and CL together in a few seconds gave us something to EQUAL us to other classes- even then we weren't surpassing anyone except for on the overall damage charts- which was mostly because we had so many aoe and dots.

Now- I'm spamming 900 damage lightning strikes to throw out a chain lightning that'll average 1.5k damage- only for a sniper to hit me with a combo for 8k and a single smash to pop a full bubble and still do another 3k damage on top of it.

BW could double our damage and we'd STILL be the worst burst class- can you imagine the outrage if smash was hitting for 800 on non defensive CD targets?

These are the two major problems of this class:

"Giving sorcs an extra six seconds of affliction makes that 21 seconds? It makes our damage look nice but I don't live 21 seconds."

Totally correct... I can't live 5 seconds against a marauder, so Affliction is useless.

"Death field sometimes hits a target for 1200 damage. Fix this it's broken. Smash aoes 6k never less than 4k."

My top Death Field is like 2.5K, when Smash does 6K !!

Absurd differences... I don't know how the devs aren't doing something to fix it...

Edited by AmazoX

1- Sorcerers are perceived by others to be weak generally in both pve and pvp, but can come in handy if they are healers for aoe healing especially as off healers who can help maintain the melee dps around the boss....extremely weak in pvp and either an easy quick kill or ignored in favour of taking down all the more dangers opponents.

2- Fun to play with variety as ill heal and damage in both forms but for me we stand well short in both damage and healing amounts, playing pvp as healer/damage/hybrid can be extremely frustrating when you're so fragile and your output on the lowside even though all the effort.

sorc dmg can be misrepresented by the tally at the end... if left alone a sorc can still do much dmg, alot of it aoe.

but while other top damaging classes like pts, mara's and juggs really dont take a dps drop off when attacked in return... SORCS lose a lot of dps due to having to run for their life...

our dots and instants are very weak, so in order to do dmg we must stand still and eaither channel or cast.. this allows our biggest enemies (jugg mara pt assasin) to close any gap... and at that point we will NOT win a dps war straight on...

there are 1 to 2 solutions,

harder hitting spells to STAND toe to toe with this monster hitting classes, this would come from the lightning tree, lightning strike, chain lightning and thundering blast have a terrible cast to dmg payofff ratio... the skills just arent worth casting if ur being attacked.. ur much better off running and therefor having ZERO dps

or

front loaded dots, harder hitting instants , this would come form the madness tree. Crushing darkness should be instant for sorcs AC, and wrath should instead make ur next Crush Darkness or Shock do 35% more dmg

a defensive cooldown on 1-2 minute cd wouldnt hurt either...

Edited by wwkingms

I have to AGREE with my peers on most of the topics.

1. Last Option - DPS=Poor, HEAL=Good. SORC/SAGE DPS is the last option for HM OPS and are good for mostly AOE healing. (Sniper or mDPS would be picked before you for HM's). During PVP they are great for the STUN Bubble Utility (until its nerfed) and then expect to see less in PVP and certainly not many after that in Ranked.

2. POOR DPS - My spec (Full 63) DPS is below my less geared mDPS and Snipers on my team. (Even with a perfect rotation, AOE, dots on everyone and Exotech Adreno). I've started to heal as SORC/SAGE rDPS is not really viable in HM OPS and it should be the TOP DPS due to being the most squishy and fastest to kill in PVE & PVP.

The TWO key items to address PVE and PVP issues:

DPS is Sub-Par with other Classes - PVP is even worse w/o burst.

- Address with a "REAL BUFF" to top end DPS/HEAL Tree. (DPS/HEAL equal to SMASH ~6k)

- Squishy armor class should be putting out MORE DPS than Medium or Heavy Armor Class (It's why they are squishy)

- Decreasing cast time for AOE Heals & increasing GD might resolve

- ADD any BUFF's to the TOP of each respective TREE to keep from abusing Hybrid

Consumption / Instant Heal

- Cast time for "BIG" Heal should have some sort of instant cast buff like Wrath/Crushing Darkness.

- Great add to help with survivability in game and does help in PVE & PVP after losing 360 knockback.

- Consumption is not such a great way to go. (Increase regenerate rate and force capacity instead)

Edited by dscount

• 2 weeks later...
Oh no we're very much on the nerf bat radar because marauders are qqing about bubble stun, and if there's one thing Biofail can't have, it is the marauders being upset.

^^

Considering BW took months of everyone saying how OP marauders are as a go ahead to buff their rage tree to be even more ridiculously OP- meanwhile nerfing the stun ranges of the already weakest classes, and promising another nerf to sorcs.

Ya- BW only pays attention to what marauders say about us- they couldn't care less about what the people playing the class itself are saying. May be the worst class balance I've ever seen in an mmo.

Full madness Sorcerer here.

How am I perceived by others? I know when I play other DPS classes I look for anyone wearing robes because I know it is my best chance to get 5k damage medals, solo kill medals, and increases my overall damage compared to attacking anything else. Sorcs are easy kills, and won't do any damage to me quickly either, so I will be near full health going forward.

How Do I perceive our class? It is fun, as long as you don't PvP and don't look at the numbers. I feel like I am doing a lot more damage than I actually do. So as long as somebody else on my team is carrying my weight it feels like I am an important part of a team.

Edited by Edonidd

To be honest, I believe people who do not play sorcs consider them useless in pve and pvp. The worst thing you could have done for them was take out Wrath's ability to proc chain lightning. Why would anyone want to take a sorc which in BIS gear is lucky to parse 1.8k in BIS gear, over a mara that can parse 2.1k-2.2k, a powertech that can parse 2.2k-2.3k, or a lethality sniper which pulls 2k in its sleep. Don't try to feed me the line, "well sorcs have good aoe dps." Powertechs have huge AOE dps and so do lethality snipers, but you felt the need to give them amazing burst dps, sustained dps, and aoe dps. I play a sorc, a mara, and a powertech. My sorc is BIS and the best parse i ever got was 1850 dps. My powertech is in black hole/camp gear with a hazmat level barrel and can pull 2100 dps and uses 4 buttons!!!!!!!!!! My mara can pull 2k as carnage or annihilation. The disparity between sorcs and other classes is huge. To be honest, buffing the lightning spec for a sorc is a slap in the face. If you have to move at all in a pve fight, which all pve fights involve movement, you lose a ton of damage as lightning which makes it still less effective than the hybrid tree. Another nice buff sorcs could use to dps is a finishing move on targets below 30%. Give our dots 30% increased damage like pyros get. Or lethality snipers get damage increase and a takedown on targets below 30%. None of those show up in dummy parses and they still murder sorcs. As a raid leader, I would never choose a sorc over anything, but an operative dps. Even with wrath's ability to proc chain lightning sorcs still would not pull the same single target numbers as a mara or PT. They might be close to a lethality sniper with the wrath proc of chain lightning. I would seriously like everyone at bioware to consider this thread because I am not ranting or being impolite. I am stating facts that any member of your dev team should able to identify own their own. I could care less about pvp on my sorc, but sadly they are even worse in pvp than in pve. Juggs can kill a sorc in less that 5 seconds and I have seen it happen a lot.