Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

CourtneyWoods

Thank you.. Thanks a lot.

F2P will only ruin the game and i for one do not intend to stay on board a ship that's destined to sink.

Swtor was a very fun game to play and you guys just ruined that.

Farewell Bioware this is the last time i'll ever buy a game from your company again.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me one game that has gone under since it has gone Free to Play or has less payers then before it was Free to Play, you cant, can you? Because none exist. Free to Play is the new industry standard, if you dont like it, go play checkers because in 2 years you wont fine a single MMO that is still 100% sub based.

LOL 'go play checkers' not even chess? LOL ... i too think the mmo has seen better days... I had mmo burnout from my second and third jobs a.k.a wow raiding.

F2P RUINS GAMES!

Canceling sub a week prior to it auto-billing.

Time to move on to a different game.

Congrats on killing your game that isn't even a year old... Take a look at DC Universe that is what SWTOR will ultimately become... A PIECE OF ****!

Really constructive feedback here! Enjoy your next game.

What a *********** joke of a company EA/Bioware is.

Forget the secret space project, new engine and regular updates. Say hello to cartel coins and open your arms to 12 year olds. Guild Wars 2 time I guess. .

LOL you mean the game that is Free to Play from day one, with a cash shop, and more 12 years olds then a Bieber concert?? You you really are moving to better pastures, thats for sure. You sure showed BioWare.

In every game I've seen go F2P or Freemium if you prefer sub players get exclusive content and cashshop currency with their sub. If you don't find the game worth subbing to, then don't. It's that simple. That's what Free to Play gives you. You pay for what you want. If you want to not have to bother with it and continue along as you are, then keep your sub.

I think you need to realise 90% of the items in the cash shop are going to be aimed at getting the F2P players to spend cash on boosts.

Someone like myself who has multiple level 50s and does not need/want to level another character only has Operations and a few more WZs to look forward to, how is that worth $15 a month?

LOL 'go play checkers' not even chess? LOL ... i too think the mmo has seen better days... I had mmo burnout from my second and third jobs a.k.a wow raiding.

LOL if hes not smart enough to see F2P is a benefit for everyone, Checkers might even be a hurdle for him, clearly never going to learn chess.

I am 100% for this option, it brings more players to the game who will pay for options they would like to use. I know we will get a lot of Froobs(what Anarchy Online always called the free players), yet that is to be expected. I can see pug groups getting worse if they don't have good armor, so I'm hoping they do something about that, if not, there are bound to be a few cons.

Pro's are more people and the game lasting longer because of it. I will still pay for all 4 accounts(my family plays), since I like to get the most out of any game I play, and want to help pay for future expansions(hehe, if I were rich I'd be investing a lot more since I plan to be in this game until they shut the doors, which I hope doesn't happen for at least a decade).

I know MANY are against this, don't fret...most who run ops, fp's, and even warzone premades ask for people with the proper armor and stats, so anyone without won't be a part of that group anyways. Mind you most of the games that suck and are F2P sucked long BEFORE they went there, and never got better. I personally liked Age of Conan better, and STO(and I'm a lifer there and happy, although I love this game more then any I have played since back in the days of EQ, and almost as much as I loved SWG pre CU/NGE). So be patient if you love the game, in another year we will probably have so much new content it'll drive us mad(unless you play more then you work, eat, or sleep, but then I feel for you:P

I think you need to realise 90% of the items in the cash shop are going to be aimed at getting the F2P players to spend cash on boosts.

So?

Someone like myself who has multiple level 50s and does not need/want to level another character only has Operations and a few more WZs to look forward to, how is that worth $15 a month?

It may not be worth $15. YOU need to realize, that the game offering a non-sub option only gives you choices. If you do not feel it's worth subbing anymore, then stop your sub. You can still play and log in. You can buy what you choose in the Cartel Market or don't at your election.

My only problem is BioWare once again showing it's "Empire Bias" by making all the rewards "Sith" rewards... Where is the Jedi Master's chair? Where are robes that make us look like Jedi and not homeless Egyptian hobo's?? :/

My only problem is BioWare once again showing it's "Empire Bias" by making all the rewards "Sith" rewards... Where is the Jedi Master's chair? Where are robes that make us look like Jedi and not homeless Egyptian hobo's?? :/

OK that was funny. :jawa_biggrin:

I'm fairly new to online gaming so I'm not sure about the positive or negative effects this will have on the game, but more people on the servers is never a bad thing. What I am interested to know is more specifics on what differences there will be between F2P and sub players, and whether or not those differences are going to be worth 15 dollars a month.

My feedback is you just killed the game and the entire franchise. Not to mention whatever was left of EA's Integrity. Way to go killed Dragon Age, mass Effect and KOTOR all in one year. You truly are the king of kings when it comes to money grabs. Edited by Darth-Malice

LOL if hes not smart enough to see F2P is a benefit for everyone, Checkers might even be a hurdle for him, clearly never going to learn chess.

The only benefit F2P serves is server overcrowding which is already happening and me not having to pay 15$ a month anymore...

The only benefit F2P serves is server overcrowding which is already happening and me not having to pay 15$ a month anymore...

Now they have a reason to re-open some old servers.

I just hope they let me transfer BACK to my origin server when this happens.

I have no problem with Free 2 play or Freemium.

However, I fail to see how this model (only charging for people who want to use the GTN or access Operations) is going to make any money.

As someone who intends to continue to pay the subscription as long as I'm actively playing, I'd like to have seen the Free to Play limit for story content stop after Act 2. Make people who want to play to the end of their class story pay to access that part.