The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Reminds me the time (was quite long ago, in a pug EV run) a guildmate met a sage healer with the full shadow tank equipment, set bonus and shield generator included.

His answer at first : Sage are fragile, i need survivability.

But my guildmate actually managed to persuade him to switch to proper gear :)

It is not possible for Sages to equip a shield generator. They don't have the offhand proficiency for it.

Irrelevant, I know, just wanted it to be said.

Hammer station is still available at level 22, so the mando and merc CC is usable there, I know because I used it there when leveling my commando.

That reminds me, about a month ago I was tanking The Foundary on my Powertech. We had a Merc healer (level 38ish?), who kept insisting that the Concussion Missile didn't work on humanoids... took me 3 packs to get her to just TRY the damn thing. Made life a lot easier after that, since the DPS were a Sniper and a Marauder, both of whole could disable Droids.

Edited by Ancaglon

I recently hit a new mark at failing at an OP - I joined due to some help request by a friend -

- dying 5 times while going to an Oricon OP

- not being able to use the taxi there because I was still halfway within the planet story, albeit already having a mix of 66-69 stuff with 1 head piece having 78 Mods in it ...

- dying AT LEAST 5 times during that OP

- acting like an Noob who never did ANY OP before

- overall doing wrong things, and contributing very little because of so many deaths

- taking the wrong item (Gunslinger vs. Scrapper), I gave the item to the friend who was playing a Scrapper in that group.

At least I did an PASS over EVERYTHING ELSE within the loot to give them something for my little contribution.

On the way back I died 10 times or so.

I later changed my character's title into "Unlucky", which I will keep this way forever.

Now, go on and laugh over me.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Athiss SM FP - few short hours ago. group composition - 22 mara, 23 op healer, 23 PT Tank and me 25 Arsenal Merc. Run goes uneventful until final boss where things go pear shape.

Tank started shouting and cursing at the healer for not cleansing DoTs on him. while both me and healer asked what DoT is he talking about as Tanks do not get any DoTs there. This is how the convo goes -

Tank - "F**KING CLEANZE NOOB HEALER!! I DYING!! CLEANZE!!!

Me - "cleanse what? you don't have any dots on you, nor will you get any dots..."

Tank's - "MERC SHUT THE F**K UP AND KILL! HEALER CLEANZE DOT".

Me - "healer doesn't get cleanse till next lvl so i'll watch for boss's dot and cleanse off whoever gets it".

Tank - MERC YOU NO F**KING HEALER!! YOU KILL NOOB!! HEALER CLEANZE!!

Me - dude - while we're arguing, boss is hammering me - so TANK!! YOU TANK!! I KILL AND CLEANZE!!

TANK - I GET FIRE DEBUFF YOU CLEANSE NOOB HEALER!!

Me - You can't cleanse that (boss on me again...)...get boss off me, you're tank not me.

Tank - NO! NOOB MERC I WATCH YOU DIE LOL!!

At this point, healer had enough and pms me - screw this - you tank the boss, I'll keep ya alive. the mara the whole time was diligently smashing boss and avoiding fire whenever he got the debuff and I in return cleansed the Dots on the group. Tank realised boss is near dead and tries to run out of the room to reset the boss, but just as he reached the threshold, we take down boss. get 2 aim gear drops, despite not needing them, I need roll on both and win (yes I know - I ninja'ed gear) and give them to the healer and tell him "thanks for keeping me alive - give them to Kaliyo with my regards and tell her you get hurt, I'll find her and skin her alive"

Recently had a Mandalorian Raiders run,group was me,a 23 sorc,24 marauder,31 marauder.Should be easy...lol nope.

the 31 marauder decides that he'll start every pull,eventually i decided not to bother trying to regain aggro.Both him and the 24 marauder ignored any normal/strong mobs in favor of the big shiny elites.Get up to the first boss,before the sorc even gets a chance to put static barrier on me,the 31 marauder jumps in.After the boss is down we keep going,get up to the area with 4 turrets,an elevator and a bunch of mobs.I go right,since its just a few normal mobs to kill.Of course the 31 marauder has other plans,he goes left and decides to attack the big shiny elite droid.Safe to say i got sick of that crap and left.

I never understood why people think they can just rush ahead of the tank just because they might be a higher level.

Duran'del Here:

I swear, most people are overgeared for HMs and just want to speedrun it. Its friggin' annoying. I was on my Lethality Op, got a pop for healer, respecced to healer and plopped my healer set on. It's mostly 66 blues, with purple 66 barrels(armstech FTW) and goined in. Met the usual overgeared tanks and DPS. They didn't want to do the bonus, claiming it was a random drop, and I was about to bring up that they could use it to gear up alts or comps, but then remembered that they probably had them overgeared, too. The last group I was with was nice enough to help me do bonus for comms and gear, though.

The last thing the overgeared brats told me after i told them "GL finding a new healer" was "lol healers r eazy to get. tanks are harder lol."

Not everyone has full min-maxed 72s and knows all the boss fights. It's not like a bomb will go off unless you speed through an FP. And if you want to speed run a FP, do it with guildmates.

Duran'del Here:

The last thing the overgeared brats told me after i told them "GL finding a new healer" was "lol healers r eazy to get. tanks are harder lol."

Not everyone has full min-maxed 72s and knows all the boss fights. It's not like a bomb will go off unless you speed through an FP. And if you want to speed run a FP, do it with guildmates.

1) They were right (tanks are rarer than healers)

2) You didn't say what FP and when you left, but depending on how overgeared they were, they could just pull out a healer comp (or respec) and finish the FP without needing to requeue.

3) Skipping the Bonus Boss doesn't make it a Speed Run. In my experience, the Bonus Bosses are harder than the regular bosses, so people sometimes want to skip them because they think that the group can't handle it.

Also, this thread is about *weird* people you meet in GF. While the people you met may have been rude, what you described is hardly "weird".

Edited by eartharioch

Duran'del Here:

I swear, most people are overgeared for HMs and just want to speedrun it. Its friggin' annoying. I was on my Lethality Op, got a pop for healer, respecced to healer and plopped my healer set on. It's mostly 66 blues, with purple 66 barrels(armstech FTW) and goined in. Met the usual overgeared tanks and DPS. They didn't want to do the bonus, claiming it was a random drop, and I was about to bring up that they could use it to gear up alts or comps, but then remembered that they probably had them overgeared, too. The last group I was with was nice enough to help me do bonus for comms and gear, though.

something of note.

bonus boss usually drops crappy gear. they are absolutely right about that. it also takes way to long to kill for the benefit it provides. however, pretty much every single group I've ever been in, if we managed to kill enough mobs to summon a bonus? would do so. because you get coms just from summoning it, no killing required.

last but not least, honestly? you are a bit of a brat yourself, with a way you quit the group.

P.S. you can do dailies and buy 69 gear... same type of gear that drops from a bonus boss. most flashpoints other then Czerka drop blue lvl 53 gear otherwise. elite coms, that you get for running a flashpoint? buy 72 gear. if you do the dailies and weekly, you'll be wearing 72 gear in no time and well on your way to buying oriconian pieces.

flashpoints can be fun. and there are different people who like to run them differently. but when you are dropped into a pug, majority of which agrees to run it a certain way? they are not weird. nor they are bratty. they are not obligated to bend over backwards to please you, just becasue you play a healer. they might chose to. but they are NOT obligated to and choosing not to is absolutely normal and acceptable.

and now I'm off to be that weird person in a flashpoint, while I try to remember how to tank on my vanguard :p

Edited by Jeweledleah

Duran'del Here:

Well, i dont have problem with people being overgeared. actually i prefer seeing any overgeared player on pug rather than 66 blues. i mean a healer imo should atleast have 69's to do pug HM 55 fps.. well i am healer always either sage/scoundrel. so i didnt start pugging until i knew others didnt had to carry me through out.. healer needs atleast 69's to go through different mistakes of whole group. because if 2 players forgot dodging something and 2+ people below 20% health means its healer who should have enough gear to heal through that. thats why i run with guildies to get gear and then i can run on my own. but thats just me anyway..

considering what you mentioned you had.. the bonus boss might have been too hard to heal through they might have thought? and its not weird to skip a bonus boss as already said. its common sometimes where you are doing it for just daily elites and weekly mission.

Well, i dont have problem with people being overgeared. actually i prefer seeing any overgeared player on pug rather than 66 blues. i mean a healer imo should atleast have 69's to do pug HM 55 fps.. well i am healer always either sage/scoundrel. so i didnt start pugging until i knew others didnt had to carry me through out.. healer needs atleast 69's to go through different mistakes of whole group. because if 2 players forgot dodging something and 2+ people below 20% health means its healer who should have enough gear to heal through that. thats why i run with guildies to get gear and then i can run on my own. but thats just me anyway..

considering what you mentioned you had.. the bonus boss might have been too hard to heal through they might have thought? and its not weird to skip a bonus boss as already said. its common sometimes where you are doing it for just daily elites and weekly mission.

I'd disagree with you slightly. I've seen and first hand experienced healers in 58s heal through the damage output no issues (even electrified water droid in Czerka). It boils down to how much the group knows about the mechanics. for new folks, I will explain them the mechanics and let them at it. Most folks I've pugged with are very willing to wear a few wipes for new people to get an understanding of the mechanics. Also, they're meant to be farmed along with dailies for 69 gear. once you're in 69s, in all honesty, HMFPs are no longer required because depending on whether you're in a guild or not - you can start running SM Ops and rack up elite/ulti comms to get the next tier. From this angle - it does make sense to do the bonus boss.

when I tanked with pugs, I asked if they want bonus boss or not. if majority said don't care, I skipped it. if someone said yes, then I'd kill it. I never assumed no one wants it. similarly, when I dps, I will speak up if I would like to have a go at bonus boss for comms, if majority says don't care, or doesn't speak up, I'll go along with what the tank does.

Duran'del Here:

The last thing the overgeared brats told me after i told them "GL finding a new healer" was "lol healers r eazy to get. tanks are harder lol.".

I'd advise against this approach. If you are primarily pugging, best to stay on Tank's good side. A lot of times - those tanks will add you to friend's list and you'll get spots for Ops runs when they're a healer short. I lvled a TK sage purely through pugging and a lot of tanks I met through pugging now regularly call me up to join their Ops runs.

Duran'del Here:

I swear, most people are overgeared for HMs and just want to speedrun it. Its friggin' annoying. I was on my Lethality Op, got a pop for healer, respecced to healer and plopped my healer set on. It's mostly 66 blues, with purple 66 barrels(armstech FTW)

Unless you already did so and used the gear for your main spec, you are able to run Oricon all the way through and get a full set of 66 gear. If not, you can get enough basics for that very quickly, while getting elites to mix in 72s. Just a suggestion if you have the time.

Duran'del Here:

I swear, most people are overgeared for HMs and just want to speedrun it.

I'm overgeared for HM FPs and I always hope for a speed run. More often than not that does happen as there are a lot of well geared players just doing the weekly for ultimate comms. However, you can't go in with the expectation that other people be overgeared too or that they will be willing or able to race through the FP.

If groupfinder puts you in with an undergeared or inexperienced new 55, then you run the FP in a way that takes that into consideration. I don't know about anyone else, but I want newer people to have the opportunity to successfully complete higher level FPs and ops, get geared up and become confident to take on more difficult content.

The last thing the overgeared brats told me after i told them "GL finding a new healer" was "lol healers r eazy to get. tanks are harder lol.".

However, I don't care about that stuff if they act like jerks. I think you could have risen above the situation and left that closing remark out. I hope it isn't representative of your overall attitude in groups, because if it is you are going to have a hard time.

It seems that Guardians on TRE have had a collective brain fart; they've been acting extremely weird for the past week.

Case 1: Me tanking Czerka Core with my Shadow. PUG Guardian derps wants me to guard him. I inspect him and conclude he ain't go no chance to pull from me. He takes offense and starts using his taunt on champions and bosses followed by "i pulled. can u even tank?". Genius. Like I can't see what you're doing.

Case 2: Guardian tank in Czerka Corp Labs, me derpsing on my combat Sentinel. He inspects the team and slaps guard on me. I almost fall off my chair because tanks on TRE usually slap guard on the healer and call it a day. Thinking I've finally found a decent tank, we proceed to clear mobs and get to the first boss. I pull through guard. We wipe. Second attempt I jump in 5 seconds behind him and I pull through guard again. We wipe, healer rages.

Case 3: Guardian tank, me on my Gunslinger. Tank guards the sentinel derps (hooray!) and all is going well on mobs. Still I manage to pull on boss even though I'm ranged and just pressing buttons randomly. No clicky relic, no Illegal Mods fired up, just derpsing enough to get the job done and the boss still jumps me.

What is it with Guardians lately? :rak_02:

It seems that Guardians on TRE have had a collective brain fart; they've been acting extremely weird for the past week.

Case 1: Me tanking Czerka Core with my Shadow. PUG Guardian derps wants me to guard him. I inspect him and conclude he ain't go no chance to pull from me. He takes offense and starts using his taunt on champions and bosses followed by "i pulled. can u even tank?". Genius. Like I can't see what you're doing.

Case 2: Guardian tank in Czerka Corp Labs, me derpsing on my combat Sentinel. He inspects the team and slaps guard on me. I almost fall off my chair because tanks on TRE usually slap guard on the healer and call it a day. Thinking I've finally found a decent tank, we proceed to clear mobs and get to the first boss. I pull through guard. We wipe. Second attempt I jump in 5 seconds behind him and I pull through guard again. We wipe, healer rages.

Case 3: Guardian tank, me on my Gunslinger. Tank guards the sentinel derps (hooray!) and all is going well on mobs. Still I manage to pull on boss even though I'm ranged and just pressing buttons randomly. No clicky relic, no Illegal Mods fired up, just derpsing enough to get the job done and the boss still jumps me.

What is it with Guardians lately? :rak_02:

They did this?

1) They were right (tanks are rarer than healers)

2) You didn't say what FP and when you left, but depending on how overgeared they were, they could just pull out a healer comp (or respec) and finish the FP without needing to requeue.

3) Skipping the Bonus Boss doesn't make it a Speed Run. In my experience, the Bonus Bosses are harder than the regular bosses, so people sometimes want to skip them because they think that the group can't handle it.

Also, this thread is about *weird* people you meet in GF. While the people you met may have been rude, what you described is hardly "weird".

I hope we didnt sank that low as a community that being rude isnt weird ;-)

That having said, if I have 1 low geared person in my FPgroup wanting to do the bonus than I will go with it, regardless if the majority would have wanted to skip it (cant have a majority either if you are 2 vs 2 anyhow). This usually works quite good and mostly I don't have to 'veto' anything.

As added benefit what people might forget about the bonusboss is that it drops equalizers. Bioware has stated that it will be possible to craft the all gear but the highest. They made an exception for Kelldragon (75) gear, but after the next gearupdate we should be able to craft 78 stuff.

Also some might need the bonusboss for achievements.

Lastly, to all people who might think the bonusboss is to tough to do. I did a cademimu with an undergeared tank and two undergeared dps who were all 1st-timers. My merchealer was in about 72/69 comms gear. We were able to kill the bonusboss with ease after the tank got the positioning correct (got only 2 wipes in total). So ...... unless the whole group is undergeared I would say "Buckle up :P"

Like someone else said before me, healer in 58 gear can heal decent enough if he knows what to do. I healed on my merc a mandoraiders bonusboss a shadowdps tanking. We votekicked our real tank since he insisted at not taunting Gil back nor taking a battlerezz.

But ...... you might even want to disregard my whole post since I am weird, I like weird and will act weird sometimes :p

. I almost fall off my chair because tanks on TRE usually slap guard on the healer and call it a day.

Glad it's not just me noticed that. Most of my toons are on Shadowlands but since rolling a few on TRE, I thought something odd was going on.

It's painful to see sometimes, even when the same dps pulls aggro time after time after time. I just click it off on my scoundrel, after 3 such clicks I'll say something.

This won't be a weird people post, but more or less a weird ops.

Last night I decided with a friend of mine to join a pugrun for DP SM-16. Somehow the current opsleader didnt felt comfortable with opslead since he passed lead to me when I asked him to invite 2 other guildies of mine.

We started the 1st boss with me and 3 friends and 12 random people.

Bestia proved to be quite difficult for this group. Somehow people stood in red puddles, focussed on bestia while there were adds, ... anyway .. after the 2nd wipe some people fake dc'ed or left the group. Luckely I could fill all places with some other guildies of mine.

One of the 3 tanks left while the other decided to be ad rem and whished us all good luck, followed by 'noob team'. (yes, you need 2 but somehow the 3rd managed to slip through the cracks) Luckely a tank guildie just logged in so I could invite him and kick the ad rem tank.

Next few bosses went pretty good. After some people had to leave we arrived at the final boss with about 10 guildies and 6 pugs remaining. The last boss proved even with 10 guildies on TS a bit difficult since we were very heavy on melee dps. After a few wipes more pugs left the group whom I replaced with more guildies.

We ended up for a last try with 12 guildies and 4 pugs with that combo we finally killed the boss with 1 healer and 1 dps remaining alive :)

It was a hell of a run, very fun to do. I can understand very well now why people don't want to do the Council in DP.

I conclude my post with thanking the pugs who stayed with us for the 3,5 hour run of DP SM-16 :)

Recently had a Mandalorian Raiders run,group was me,a 23 sorc,24 marauder,31 marauder.Should be easy...lol nope.

the 31 marauder decides that he'll start every pull,eventually i decided not to bother trying to regain aggro.Both him and the 24 marauder ignored any normal/strong mobs in favor of the big shiny elites.Get up to the first boss,before the sorc even gets a chance to put static barrier on me,the 31 marauder jumps in.After the boss is down we keep going,get up to the area with 4 turrets,an elevator and a bunch of mobs.I go right,since its just a few normal mobs to kill.Of course the 31 marauder has other plans,he goes left and decides to attack the big shiny elite droid.Safe to say i got sick of that crap and left.

I never understood why people think they can just rush ahead of the tank just because they might be a higher level.

I can, since I have read this here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671988

You didn't die. Some fp's don't require any thought or planning. Not like it was a hardmode.

Athiss SM a week or so ago, the group being me OP healer, PT tank and two snipers.

Now the run was nice and smooth, the tank and I ran this FP a few times before that, him for practice, me because i had nothing better to do...but the snipers just got both of us creeped out, why?

Well both of them had the same gear, they were using the same moves, hell even the names of the characters were almost the same one ending with ii and the other with oo.

Good snipers, creepy as all hell :p

Athiss SM a week or so ago, the group being me OP healer, PT tank and two snipers.

Now the run was nice and smooth, the tank and I ran this FP a few times before that, him for practice, me because i had nothing better to do...but the snipers just got both of us creeped out, why?

Well both of them had the same gear, they were using the same moves, hell even the names of the characters were almost the same one ending with ii and the other with oo.

Good snipers, creepy as all hell :p

i have seen 3 same name toons at pvp area on fleet on our server many times. they have matching dresses and they all are merc. maybe many know as they play pvp a lot. so i was surpriesed to at first. 3 with same name and dress and level and same adv class is rare. maynot be weird.

I've healed through the bonus boss before. I have actually found it quite hard to get basics, considering CZ-198 gives out 8 of them a day. I know SX and Oricon give them out, too, but I've maxed rep with them and they're quit boring.