Stronghold Starships

BogiWan

Currently we can only display our starships in a Tatooine or Nar Shaddaa stronghold. The Coruscant and Kaas city strongholds do not support this, they have a 'centerpiece' hook instead.

I would like to see the option of changing the hook type from centerpiece to starship on all strongholds so the owner has the option to display their ship at whatever stronghold they decide.

Also as an added feature in the future, could you add the option of launching into space from the static starship, a simple clickable entry door as in the hangers would be the easiest option as the script is already written, maybe the devs could add a nice launch cutscene as well.

I would also like to see an option from within your own starship to land at your stronghold, this could be achieved from the main map terminal, as before a nifty cutscene would be great showing you landing at your stronghold.

I know this is all a 'big ask' but it would be nice and make the game more user friendly

Please reply if you agree and let's get the dev team to add these features.

I know how much people want to park their(downsized) ships in all strongholds, but I have to disagree. My Dromund Kaas penthouse is a middle-sized apartment with a huge balcony. It has a small landing pad - for a flying taxi, a speeder, or a small shuttle. It absolutely has no room for a Fury-class interceptor, and I wouldn't want the developer team to re-build my balcony and ruin the proportions.

If I ever want to park a ship, I'll use a Tatooine stronghold. Though I won't, because I use this stronghold for eight of my classes, and I don't want to park Fury there and have an Agent or a Jedi Knight log in.

@Magik - but you can already do that: you can place your speeders on the landing pad. For every speeder you have unlocked, it can be placed as a decoration. The only fiddly thing is that if you have multiple characters, each character must place the speeder that they own. You cannot go to your ship from the speeders, but you can get to your ship in one click from the taxi or entrance, so that's not much of a deal.

Being on the starship topic I'll throw in my 2 cents. I use it fairly often and am disappointed when I get inside that there are many areas that seem very vacant and could use some attention, my question is why can't they throw in just a few wall hooks and maybe some small/mediums on the floor? the BH ship looks like they designed it for this GSH hook system but they forgot to add the hooks lol and the smuggler cargo bay is in need of some more illicit things stowed.. How would adding a few hooks to our personal ships make things worse, as people seem to believe?

Being on the starship topic I'll throw in my 2 cents. I use it fairly often and am disappointed when I get inside that there are many areas that seem very vacant and could use some attention, my question is why can't they throw in just a few wall hooks and maybe some small/mediums on the floor? the BH ship looks like they designed it for this GSH hook system but they forgot to add the hooks lol and the smuggler cargo bay is in need of some more illicit things stowed.. How would adding a few hooks to our personal ships make things worse, as people seem to believe?

I like your idea! I'm always sad whenever I have to venture inside my BH's ship it's just so ugly. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like it has an unfinished vibe lol.

So great idea I hope it happens *starts holding breath in anticipation*

Gotta agree with Kulyok, but I like the premise of the OP as well. How about creating a few different shuttles as decorations that can be put on said landing pads, which can then have a clickable door and transport the player to their ship?

I think the Kuat rep vendor, space mission vendor and a few other scattered sources actually have shuttles and small ships that can be placed on centrepiece and large hooks.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...