View Single Post

Phenglei
10.21.2019 , 10:48 PM | #5
The first character I completed the Alliance storyline with was a female Imperial Agent who had romanced Vector Hyllus. When she was separated from Vector, she began a relationship with Lana Beniko.

(Well, strictly speaking, the flirting with Lana Beniko and Theron Shan begins before your character's companions, including your love interest, disappear at the start of Knights of the Fallen Empire, but that's a whole other topic.)

I knew that Vector was going to return eventually. I just didn't know, at the time, how he would.

The entire time that my Agent was romancing Lana, I fully intended to eventually end their relationship and have my Agent get back together with Vector when he returned to the storyline. But when that moment came, in the Alliance Alert "Vector's Vector," I chose to have her turn Vector down instead and remain with Lana.

Because, after seeing how Alliance Alerts generally go in this game, I realized that Vector was almost certainly never going to appear in the storyline again once his Alliance Alert was finished. In fact, with only a few exceptions, the original class companions have very little to do at all in the expansions.

(To make matters worse, several of the original class companions can die in the expansion storyline, depending on your character's choices. That means that any appearances that these companions make from now on have to be completely optional, which sharply limits the likelihood of their participating in any future expansions.)

I realized that it wasn't really a choice between my Agent continuing her relationship with Lana or renewing her relationship with Vector. It was a choice between being with Lana or ending my character's romance in the game altogether. So I chose Lana rather than see my Agent get no romantic cutscenes anymore at all.

It would be really nice if they had the original class companions, particularly the love interest companions, get some more cutscenes in the future storylines.
"What I mean is ... Yes, they are blue berries, but they're not necessarily blueberries. Because while all blueberries are blue berries, not all blue berries are blueberries. You see?"