Cartel Market Update: April 24th, 2013

CourtneyWoods

I am with ALOT of folks that the CM is becoming more and more of a sham. Jawagrams? Really? Lvl 50 crafting items still? Really?

Hey everyone,

I just updated the blog - the Stalwart Protector's Armor Set did launch this morning with a 20% discount, which means you can buy it (for a limited time) for 1,152 Cartel Coins!

Hope everyone is enjoying Game Update 2.0.1 so far! :jawa_biggrin:

Grade 6 mats and jawagrams are outright insulting.

^This......no needs grade 6 mats anymore..........

Agreed. Give us 50+ mats then or something really useful.

Lvl 50 crafting items still? Really?

Because having newly-released items drop from real-money packs is definitely not going to shift the game in the P2W direction...

I'd highly recommend you limit your comments to the good ideas? :rolleyes:

Thats like saying 'I tried using my golf club but it isn't working right. It says to have an expert take a look at it but I hit someone over the head with it and it worked fine'. Posting on the forums isn't quite the same as downloading something. First of all, if it says theres an error, you might want to try repair. Second, you should actually check your network connection like it says. 'Sure I'm not doing what it's telling me to. BUT ITS NOT WORKING! :(' Lastly, check internet and firewall settings. Parental controls. Anything that might be blocking it. Most likely, by the time you're done actually trying those things, if it is bugged it should be fixed. ;)

I see the new Stalwart protector armor set is exactly the same set as the MA-44 Combat Armor set previously released, bar a different colour. At least try and add new looks not re-coloured versions of exsisting sets

I am having the same issue. It won't let me download the patch error (311) . Says Check network connection but yet I can post on the forum? ... FAIL Bioware!

that was the same error I experienced, however the patch went through today for me. I suggest turning your computer off for several (12 ) hours, that is all the troubleshooting I did to resolve the issue. However, there is a helpful discussion to assist in future 311 patch errors.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=509793

New cartel pack? Cool story bro.

How 'bout that game update EA?

You got your game update 1.5 weeks ago (2 weeks if early access)... what, a new planet, 5 more levels, new crafting, new armor, new ops, etc not enough for you? Sorry, 2.1 will not be for at LEAST another 4 weeks, deal with it.

I see the new Stalwart protector armor set is exactly the same set as the MA-44 Combat Armor set previously released, bar a different colour. At least try and add new looks not re-coloured versions of exsisting sets

Yup, because the Cartel Market armor was definitey created before the game launched. :rolleyes:

This set was built for the sole purpose it is the character creation armor for the trooper. It wasnt ment to be "new" It was built just like the other sets. 1440 sets as the character creation set. not counting the valiant jedi set. they have now made all 8 for the character sets.

This has been wrong for two weeks now:

Authorization: Artifact Equipment is now discounted by 33%. Cost: 800 Cartel Coins

Authorization: Artifact Equipment (Account) is now discounted by 33%. Cost: 1000 Cartel Coins

It's 800 for one character, yes, but an account is 1800 at the discount in game. And for the record, just to put it out there, this authorization is ridiculously overpriced even at a discount. 1000 points at a discount would still make it more costly than the other authorizations, but not quite so out of range of them. Even unify colors is only 775 without a discount.

i'd like to sugges maybe adding a currency cap unlock to the market, as well as an unlock that lets you mail currency.

i realize these two things are kinda subscriber only atm however most other mmo's i've played that use a cash shop usually let you unlock these two things by simply spending the money to become preferred.

i'd like to sugges maybe adding a currency cap unlock to the market, as well as an unlock that lets you mail currency.

i realize these two things are kinda subscriber only atm however most other mmo's i've played that use a cash shop usually let you unlock these two things by simply spending the money to become preferred.

There IS a currency cap "unlock" coming in 2.1.

As far as mail -- I doubt they will change it, but I could see them adding it in. Just another option to give people :-D

• 3 weeks later...
the one thing i would like see most in CC is a legacy cargo hold...multiple crew skills use same mats...get tired of sending mats to different toons..personal cargo holds full of mats...be great if could unlock a legacy hold on each toon ship just for crew skill mats..that be worth paying for

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know how long the items in the cartel market will be discounted? Next month, ill have enough cartel coins to buy the valiant jedi armor set with the discount. If not, then I'm screwed till next year. If they could hold the discount for the valiant jedi armor set for another month, that would be awesome. Does anyone actually know how long the items will be discounted for much longer? Thanks.

Does anyone know how long the items in the cartel market will be discounted? Next month, ill have enough cartel coins to buy the valiant jedi armor set with the discount. If not, then I'm screwed till next year. If they could hold the discount for the valiant jedi armor set for another month, that would be awesome. Does anyone actually know how long the items will be discounted for much longer? Thanks.

That doesn't make sense. Valiant Jedi armor set is... what, 1440 coins? If you needed the discount by next month (which I assume to be 50% though in reality I don't know the exact number) that'd mean you have almost no coins at all at the moment. Assuming you're subscribed, you should be getting 700 coins a month. If not, that'd mean you're buying coins. In which case, just buy the extra few now. That, or you're F2P/Prefered and getting 100/mo from sec key. If that's the case, I'd recommend you buy the extra coins if you're F2P, so that you not only get the set you want, but also prefered status.

To be honest, no matter what type of plan you're currently playing the game on, do dailies for a few days and buy the set off the GTN, or offer credits to someone who will buy it off the CM for you. If you aren't yet 50/55 and cannot do dailies, you really shouldn't be giving much thought to expensive cosmetic gear. Especially with Double XP Weekends still in progress.

Edited by idnewton

That doesn't make sense. Valiant Jedi armor set is... what, 1440 coins? If you needed the discount by next month (which I assume to be 50% though in reality I don't know the exact number) that'd mean you have almost no coins at all at the moment. Assuming you're subscribed, you should be getting 700 coins a month. If not, that'd mean you're buying coins. In which case, just buy the extra few now. That, or you're F2P/Prefered and getting 100/mo from sec key. If that's the case, I'd recommend you buy the extra coins if you're F2P, so that you not only get the set you want, but also prefered status.

To be honest, no matter what type of plan you're currently playing the game on, do dailies for a few days and buy the set off the GTN, or offer credits to someone who will buy it off the CM for you. If you aren't yet 50/55 and cannot do dailies, you really shouldn't be giving much thought to expensive cosmetic gear. Especially with Double XP Weekends still in progress.

Yeah I'm lvl 40 jedi guardian. I'm subbed for two months, and I have like 740 coins right now. So, next month ill be getting 550 coins next month as well as 100 from the security key