The Mysterious Ancient Tome

Could it have something to do with this riddle : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=779801

No-one knows yet what this "complex access card" is for, any why it immediately disappears again after the ordeal. The schematic even gets "back" tto the vendor at one point.

My personal theory is that it has something to do with the smuggler's gambit coin being sold by Felusia Stato since 3.0 ...

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend and I tried to find The Ancient Tome today in Outlaw's Den, and we can confirm it is not in the expected location. I had the 3 vendor buffs active and this did not help.

We tried Macrobinoculars and Seeker droids in the room at the very top of that building (having both finished the respective heroics) and this also did not reveal any hidden tomes or clickable objects.

I tried the HK-51 scanner unit, but had to go to my stronghold to get it, and hence the 3 vendor buffs dropped before I returned. The scanner without buffs revealed nothing.

We scoured the room for a good solid 5-10 minutes, and found no indications of any clickables or hidden objects.

Seems like it has indeed been removed, presumably to be added back (at possibly a different location) once they decide to add the hidden exploration achievements for Yavin 4.

Anyone who posts info from the closed beta is breaking the NDA (which never expires, btw). If there is something related to the ancient tome, the beta participants are not allowed to talk about it.

You will notice that page contains the following disclaimer:

"Several world boss sections and secrets were submitted by a third party who did not write the actual content. If you recognize those sections as being paraphrased from your work, please contact us so we can properly credit you."

In other words, the people who wrote that page stole the work of the testers who actually respected and obeyed the NDA. It's sad because the testers who respected the devs and abided by their guidelines get their names dragged through the mud by someone else who copy+pasted in violation of their legally binding agreement.

Edited by Gardimuer

Anyone who posts info from the closed beta is breaking the NDA (which never expires, btw). If there is something related to the ancient tome, the beta participants are not allowed to talk about it.

You will notice that page contains the following disclaimer:

"Several world boss sections and secrets were submitted by a third party who did not write the actual content. If you recognize those sections as being paraphrased from your work, please contact us so we can properly credit you."

In other words, the people who wrote that page stole the work of the testers who actually respected and obeyed the NDA. It's sad because the testers who respected the devs and abided by their guidelines get their names dragged through the mud by someone else who copy+pasted in violation of their legally binding agreement.

Indeed. Without going into too much detail, I will say that that post, which again, violates NDA severely...mentions one of my characters by name. So it feels like a personal insult to me.

• 2 weeks later...
It's funny that you guys are still trying to make something of this. BioWare said it was nothing, and now they've removed it from the game it really is nothing; give it up already. :)

Besides the fact that BW never said that and 3.0 testers have confirmed its use, it hasn't been removed from the game (it's just unspawned). Try again, troll!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
those tomes and amulets are used to prepare to fight the ancient threat. The Ancient threat is an operation boss, a sort of secret boss on Yavin 4. you must have all the members of your ops group collcect all the tomes in order to grab the amulet. once one person in the group has the amulet you can click on the ancient threat to start the fight. It takes a 24 man group give or take a few ppl depending on who u bring.:rak_03:

those tomes and amulets are used to prepare to fight the ancient threat. The Ancient threat is an operation boss, a sort of secret boss on Yavin 4. you must have all the members of your ops group collcect all the tomes in order to grab the amulet. once one person in the group has the amulet you can click on the ancient threat to start the fight. It takes a 24 man group give or take a few ppl depending on who u bring.:rak_03:

Again, this is a thread from before Yavin. The Tome was there long before the Ancient Threat and was originally going to be used for another boss which got scrapped.

• 2 years later...

Google led me to this thread ages ago when I was trying to find the Ancient Tome buff in the Outlaws Den on Tatooine. This Ancient Tome has been repurposed for The Ancient Threat World Boss on Yavin 4.

It serves no other purpose at this time.

Why did you necro this for that? The thread started before Yavin was released.

And you respond to it to keep bumping it. Good job.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Google led me to this thread ages ago when I was trying to find the Ancient Tome buff in the Outlaws Den on Tatooine. This Ancient Tome has been repurposed for The Ancient Threat World Boss on Yavin 4.

It serves no other purpose at this time.

And you respond to it to keep bumping it. Good job.

There are other secrets that are still unknown, what I’m looking for specifically is the queen of sands