Greatest Force User of All Time

DarthSublimitas

YOUR ALL SO TERRIBLY WRONG!!! :D

^^that was mainly just to get your intention but is partly true.

In my opinion neither Luke, Sidious, Vader, Revan, Starkiller, Exar Kun, Plagueis etc are the greatest force users of all time.

I'm going to cheat here and say the Greatest Force User of all time is in fact the Son (from the point of view that the dark side is ultimately stronger than the light).

Why? Firstly he was the embodiment of the dark side of the force, "his connection to the Force existed on a level beyond the domain of the Sith" (Star Wars Encyclopedia) and therefore he was the most powerful dark side user in existence. He was immortal, so any of the force users above would be powerless to stop him. He is the Greatest Force User of All Time.

Beneath him? My list would look like this:

2. the Daughter

Embodiment of the lightside of the force, immortal etc. Only reason she is below the Son is because I believe the dark side to be stronger than the light in its purest form

3. the Father

Presided over the Daughter and the Son and controlled them, orginally he was more powerful than them but age made him weaker and they became stronger.

4. Luke Skywalker

Canonically the most powerful Jedi in existence, had tons of powers and abilites that have already being discussed at length already. In his prime he defeated Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith lord in existence.

5. Darth Sidious

Canonically the greatest Sith lord who ever lived (lol, only gets him spot No.5 - gotta try harder Sidious) Pretty much a master of every aspect of the Dark Side, and you can't argue with G-Canon

6. Darth Nihilus

A living black hole, and we all know how difficult it is to fight a black hole (trust me, i've tried) Nihilus has the power to consume anything he touches and is therefore near invincible. The only way to defeat him is through trickery or through being killed by a wound in the force, e.g. Meetra Surik

7. Yoda

Believed to be the most powerful Jedi Master to ever live, until Luke came along. Master of the force and extremely wise, bested only by Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith ever, and only just.

7. Abeloth

Basically the Mother in the Ones circle. But not as powerful as she was defeated by Luke Skywalker in combat, but was still extremely powerful and with immortal traits.

9. Vitiate

Consuming an entire planet, with help yes but it did make him basically immortal afterwards and massively increased his power. Undisputed (not really) leader of the Sith Empire and basically a very powerful guy.

8. Thon

Don't know much about him, but was considered by a certain Sith to be one of the greatest jedi masters ever, up there with Master Yoda and Nomri Sunrider (whoever she is)

10. Exar Kun

One of the most powerful Sith lords in existence, as proved by Rayla Felana and co. in a heated debate :p Could only be contained by a Wall of Light, a very powerful force power. And even them lived on as a force ghost and tormented Luke and his Jedi Academy.

Does anyone dare to dispute me?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOUR ALL SO TERRIBLY WRONG!!! :D

^^that was mainly just to get your intention but is partly true.

In my opinion neither Luke, Sidious, Vader, Revan, Starkiller, Exar Kun, Plagueis etc are the greatest force users of all time.

I'm going to cheat here and say the Greatest Force User of all time is in fact the Son (from the point of view that the dark side is ultimately stronger than the light).

Why? Firstly he was the embodiment of the dark side of the force, "his connection to the Force existed on a level beyond the domain of the Sith" (Star Wars Encyclopedia) and therefore he was the most powerful dark side user in existence. He was immortal, so any of the force users above would be powerless to stop him. He is the Greatest Force User of All Time.

2. the Daughter

Embodiment of the lightside of the force, immortal etc. Only reason she is below the Son is because I believe the dark side to be stronger than the light in its purest form

3. the Father

Presided over the Daughter and the Son and controlled them, orginally he was more powerful than them but age made him weaker and they became stronger.

4. Luke Skywalker

Canonically the most powerful Jedi in existence, had tons of powers and abilites that have already being discussed at length already. In his prime he defeated Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith lord in existence.

5. Darth Sidious

Canonically the greatest Sith lord who ever lived (lol, only gets him spot No.5 - gotta try harder Sidious) Pretty much a master of every aspect of the Dark Side, and you can't argue with G-Canon

6. Darth Nihilus

A living black hole, and we all know how difficult it is to fight a black hole (trust me, i've tried) Nihilus has the power to consume anything he touches and is therefore near invincible. The only way to defeat him is through trickery or through being killed by a wound in the force, e.g. Meetra Surik

7. Yoda

Believed to be the most powerful Jedi Master to ever live, until Luke came along. Master of the force and extremely wise, bested only by Darth Sidious, the most powerful sith ever, and only just.

7. Abeloth

Basically the Mother in the Ones circle. But not as powerful as she was defeated by Luke Skywalker in combat, but was still extremely powerful and with immortal traits.

9. Vitiate

Consuming an entire planet, with help yes but it did make him basically immortal afterwards and massively increased his power. Undisputed (not really) leader of the Sith Empire and basically a very powerful guy.

8. Thon

Don't know much about him, but was considered by a certain Sith to be one of the greatest jedi masters ever, up there with Master Yoda and Nomri Sunrider (whoever she is)

10. Exar Kun

One of the most powerful Sith lords in existence, as proved by Rayla Felana and co. in a heated debate :p Could only be contained by a Wall of Light, a very powerful force power. And even them lived on as a force ghost and tormented Luke and his Jedi Academy.

I dare! :)

The Son and Daughter had to use their combined power in order to keep Abeloth imprisoned. Luke can go toe-to-toe with her. So in this case, Luke is more powerful than the ones. While he couldn't kill them, he could defeat them in battle.

I dare! :)

The Son and Daughter had to use their combined power in order to keep Abeloth imprisoned. Luke can go toe-to-toe with her. So in this case, Luke is more powerful than the ones. While he couldn't kill them, he could defeat them in battle.

From what I gather from Wookiepedia, the Son and the Daughter used their combined power indirectly to imprison Abeloth, because being immortal she could not be physically killed - so a confrontation would be pointless. Whenever Luke Skywalker dueled with Abeloth she was possessing a human body, which would most certainly have a negative effect on her strength. The Ones however, existed in their 'true' forms and were therefore far more powerful. And what we can gather from Mortis, lightsabers would be useless against them, so that eliminates all Skywalker's powers in lightsaber combat, so it comes down to the force - seeing as the Son and the Ones collectively are all embodiments of the force and practically Gods, i think they would win.

EDIT: And what do you think I've my list, it could probably be revised...

Edited by Beniboybling

From what I gather from Wookiepedia, the Son and the Daughter used their combined power indirectly to imprison Abeloth, because being immortal she could not be physically killed - so a confrontation would be pointless. Whenever Luke Skywalker dueled with Abeloth she was possessing a human body, which would most certainly have a negative effect on her strength. The Ones however, existed in their 'true' forms and were therefore far more powerful. And what we can gather from Mortis, lightsabers would be useless against them, so that eliminates all Skywalker's powers in lightsaber combat, so it comes down to the force - seeing as the Son and the Ones collectively are all embodiments of the force and practically Gods, i think they would win.

They can all be killed by the Dagger so if Luke got his hands on it then he would win. But judging from a power perspective, I'm not entirely sure. Like I've said before, I know little about the Ones and their power. But what I do know is that Luke has done some pretty godly stuff with the Force. Maybe he's roughly equal to them? Who knows. I don't know enough about them to make an accurate assesment. This is just coming from what I know.

If I could just say this: I don't really care for Force gods and stuff like that. Never really did it for me. That's one of the reasons I don't like Superman or Thor. I don't really care for god-like beings so I don't really bother with researching them unless I absolutely have to.

Put Abeloth above Sidious. She's far more powerful in my opinion, seeing as how it takes a full powered Luke to defeat her.

Did it not take a fully powered Luke to defeat Sidious? And for your above point, yes Luke could use the Dagger to kill the Ones, but that would be cheating. Its like saying Sidious could have used the Death Star to blow up Luke (like to see him defend against that), instant kill weapons are banned :D

Did it not take a fully powered Luke to defeat Sidious? And for your above point, yes Luke could use the Dagger to kill the Ones, but that would be cheating. Its like saying Sidious could have used the Death Star to blow up Luke (like to see him defend against that), instant kill weapons are banned :D

Luke was about even with Sidious at the time, but prime Luke is double what Sidious' prime is.

Death Star vs. Luke... Planet blows up. I think we missed, my lord. :D

Edited by Aurbere

Luke was about even with Sidious at the time, but prime Luke is double what Sidious' prime is.

Actually the Sidious they are referring to is ROTJ, Lucas said that Anakin had the potential to be twice as powerful as the Emperor(Referring to the films), Reborn Palpatine is about 75% of GM Luke Skywalker.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Abeloth is thirteen times more powerful than Grand master Skywalker, Luke said it himself.

Actually the Sidious they are referring to is ROTJ, Lucas said that Anakin had the potential to be twice as powerful as the Emperor(Referring to the films), Reborn Palpatine is about 75% of GM Luke Skywalker.

Really? Well the fact remains that Abeloth is more powerful than Sidious. So the only way to stop Abeloth is with the Dagger? That's not good. :(

Luke is the most powerful Mortal.

Abeloth is pretty much a Dark Side God...

It sucks that the only thing that can beat Luke is a God. I've always found those stories to be a bit lame. I would have preferred a mortal that could go toe-to-toe with him. But I guess it is rather epic if you look at it that way. Only a God can beat him and all that.

Well if we agree that Luke is not as powerful as the Ones, then who is the most powerful one? the Father, the Son, the Daughter or the Mother? (Abeloth) - ultimate family face off! :D

I say the Son, purely because he is the embodiment of the darkside and Abeloth is just a powerful immortal. She was also beaten by Luke, although in human form.

EDIT: Just realised something, the Son drank from the Font of Power which gave him the power of the dark side. And the Daughter bathed in the Pool of Knowledge which gave her the power of the light (definitely an Garden of Eden reference here). But Abeloth drank from the Font and bathed in the Pool, which seems to imply she has the power of both of them combined... unless the intermingling/her not being originally immortal weakened her power somewhat

Edited by Beniboybling

Well if we agree that Luke is not as powerful as the Ones, then who is the most powerful one? the Father, the Son, the Daughter or the Mother? (Abeloth) - ultimate family face off! :D

I say the Son, purely because he is the embodiment of the darkside and Abeloth is just a powerful immortal. She was also beaten by Luke, although in human form.

EDIT: Just realised something, the Son drank from the Font of Power which gave him the power of the dark side. And the Daughter bathed in the Pool of Knowledge which gave her the power of the light (definitely an Garden of Eden reference here). But Abeloth drank from the Font and bathed in the Pool, which seems to imply she has the power of both of them combined... unless the intermingling/her not being originally immortal weakened her power somewhat

I think Abeloth would be the most powerful. Since she did do the whole font and pool thing she most likely got benefits from both. Which would mean that she is more powerful than the Son and Daughter. Probably more powerful than the Father. Again, I don't know much about the Ones so this is my opinion.

I actually did notice a sort of Garden of Eden thing going on here. It's plausible since Lucas has drawn inspiration from pretty much every religion for Star Wars. And given that he is a Methodist and all that.

2. the Daughter

3. the Father

4. Luke Skywalker

5. Darth Sidious

6. Darth Nihilus

7. Yoda

7. Abeloth

9. Vitiate

8. Thon

10. Exar Kun

Okay, so my new list of the Greatest Force Users of All Time would be:

1. Abeloth

2. The Son

3. The Daughter

4. The Father

5. Luke Skywalker

6. Darth Sidious

7. Darth Nihilus

8. Yoda

9. Thon

10. Exar Kun

Does everyone agree? Or should more changes be made. I'm unsure about Thon/Exar Kun or whether i've missed someone out.

EDIT: Some other people who could be on this list: Nomri Sunrider? I know next to nothing about her but I know she was Thon's padawan, pupil surpassing the master? Also Galen Marek AKA Starkiller. People forget that he defeated both Darth Vader and the Emperor, does this make him stronger than both of them? Or at least up their in the top 10?

Edited by Beniboybling

Okay, so my new list of the Greatest Force Users of All Time would be:

1. Abeloth

2. The Son

3. The Daughter

4. The Father

EDIT: Some other people who could be on this list: Nomri Sunrider? I know next to nothing about her but I know she was Thon's padawan, pupil surpassing the master? Also Galen Marek AKA Starkiller. People forget that he defeated both Darth Vader and the Emperor, does this make him stronger than both of them? Or at least up their in the top 10?

None of the beings in that list are force users, they ARE the force.

Also, Galen marek did not beat both Vader and the Emperor he defeated a completely disinterested Vader and barely managed to hold off against SIdious till the Rebels got out, a Sidious who had no interest at all in killing Marek, he instead hoped to turn him to the Dark Side and use him as Vader's replacement, he still ended up dead.

None of the beings in that list are force users, they ARE the force.

Also, Galen marek did not beat both Vader and the Emperor he defeated a completely disinterested Vader and barely managed to hold off against SIdious till the Rebels got out, a Sidious who had no interest at all in killing Marek, he instead hoped to turn him to the Dark Side and use him as Vader's replacement, he still ended up dead.

There not 'the Force', otherwise Anakin would have destroyed the force and wiped out all life in the galaxy (and possibly the universe) by killing them (apart from Abeloth). They are, as Wookiepedia says, "exceptionally powerful force wielders'. Force wielders is actually a canon term for their species.

As for the whole Galen Marek thing, is "disinterested" the right word? Would you be "disinterested" if some upstart apprentice was slamming massive metal tubes into your face and generally owning you? The fact that the darkside choice was to kill him indicates he was more powerful than Vader (also the fact that Sidious wanted him as he apprentice)

As for the second part, your right of course. the Emperor had no intention of killing him, and probably allowed himself to be defeated. Even so, holding out against even a fraction of his power is pretty exceptional, and in the end he held of his full abilities in time for the Rebels to escape. We can't dismiss him as weak, but I don't know if he's up their with Exar Kun and Thon.

Revan is the greatest force user of all time.

Oh Lord, another Revanite. I'm afraid Revan is not the greatest force user of all time - far from it. He doesn't even make the top 10.

Revan was defeated in a straight up, no nonsense, no tricks, no strings attached duel with the Vitiate. He was about to be struck down with his own lightsaber in a ceremonious display of his ultimate failure, when Meetra Surik intervened. The result? Revan was still defeated. Revan came back, what happened? He was defeated this time by a bunch of random heroes from the Empire.

Admittedly though, Revan is powerful. I would consider him as a candidate for 9 or 10 in my list, he would advance no further.

Oh Lord, another Revanite. I'm afraid Revan is not the greatest force user of all time - far from it. He doesn't even make the top 10.

Revan was defeated in a straight up, no nonsense, no tricks, no strings attached duel with the Vitiate. He was about to be struck down with his own lightsaber in a ceremonious display of his ultimate failure, when Meetra Surik intervened. The result? Revan was still defeated. Revan came back, what happened? He was defeated this time by a bunch of random heroes from the Empire.

Admittedly though, Revan is powerful. I would consider him as a candidate for 9 or 10 in my list, he would advance no further.

On a list of most powerful Sith, Revan would get around 15. Maybe squeak into the twelfth spot. Not a canon assement, but considering all of the great Sith Darth Revan wouldn't get too high. I would actually put Malgus higher up, given his track record.