Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob

Why are Armor Designs removed from the game? (For example the Tionese/Columi/Rakata designs, War Hero and Elite War Hero, and the Recruit/Battlemaster designs?)

Now I understand why it makes sense to remove the actual armor stats (with the mods etc.), but what is the reasoning of not leaving behind a Vendor that sells empty shells with the same appearance as the armor, or even a vendor with schematics for the armor? (To even stimulate crafting ;) )

Isn't it a good thing to add more choices for your players, instead of intentionally removing content and choice from your game? :confused:

I don't see why Bioware actually removes armor designs instead of leaving them there for the players that want them?

Again, I understand the removal of the mods etc. (For simplification of the Endgame) , But these armor designs are found no where else in the game, and some of those armor designs are really cool. While the mods are no longer useful in any way, the armor designs are (For those who want them), And it doesn't make since to intentionally rip useful content out of the game.

What is the harm in leaving empty, mod-able shells of additional armor designs you have already made in the game, available to the players that want them? Or even schematics of the armor, to boost crafting a bit? Surely the pros of that outweigh the cons. (If there are any cons, that is.) :p

It would be a real shame to see armor designs that Devs worked hard on and players would like to wear, be removed from the game :( (And of course, there's also the abilities they're removing from the game)

Other Threads I have Found Discussing Similar Topics:

A list of what is being removed with 2.0?

Please don't remove TIonese / Columi and Rakata gears

Curious to Know... (Discusses Purple/Cyan crystals as well)

Expansion coming... so War Hero or Rakata?

Tionese After 2.0?

Why get rid of pommel strike, similar abilities? Large thread about the removing of abilities.

"Stun" Big Hitters

(Another thread that talks about the removal of Stun Hitters (Tumult, Headshot, Opportune Strike, etc.)

Please bring back the old level 50 PvP and PvE gear

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Gear for Cartel Market

Bring Back Old Level 50 Armors

Retired Armors for Adaptive Gear

Bring Back Xenotech Gear

Old PvE and PvP Gear

Removed Items

Petition for Old Tio/Col/Rak

Old Armor Sets Suggestion

Old Gear Offer

Retired Tiered Gear Shells in the CM

Bring Battlemaster, Tionese sets back as shells

Put Old Endgame Armor Sets on the Cartel Market

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Sets post 2.0

Make the Craftable Columi sets BoE So We can Sell them.

Bring back Tionese, Columi and Rakata!! Large and Recent/Active Thread

Tionese, Columi, and Rakata Vendor Solution

And these are just the ones Randolph and I have found.

Bioware, many of your players/customers are upset by you removing content and denying them choices. :( It's a lot of potentially happy customers, and very little work required on you part, Bioware! ;)

Support these threads as well! Hopefully we can get a good response from Bioware about the removal of these harmless armor designs! ;)

Edited by Swissbob

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, they should have a, lets call it, Vault Vendor. This vendor will have the empty shells of all obsolete tier armors. One vendor per class to cut down on scrolling. Or if they are REALLY stingy...they will add them to the.......cartel market :(

Because then people who can pull it out an wear it later can both have unique look and prove they played the game way back when.

Some people will always come to a game later on.

And just "showing around these sets" can then become a form / a way to show eliticism.

In fact I'm pretty sure that this is what it will lead to.

I'm not at all happy with the remopval of things within the game - like the speeders as well, for example.

They weren't even used as Taxi designs !

Because then people who can pull it out an wear it later can both have unique look and prove they played the game way back when.

Also those sets are pretty ugly, would anyone actually buy them?

Isn't it more important to provide choice to everyone in the game, or provide a sort of "digital bragging rights" to a very select few. I've been around since launch, and while my mains have full access to the gear from when they earned it, my alts don't. It doesn't even benefit me ( who's been around since launch) to do what you described, and the very select, dwindling few that would benefit can't nearly be worth the staggering, ever growing majority that it would be negatively affected.

Besides, there are already World Event armor and items that provide "Digital Bragging Rights."

Oh, and yeah, a few of them are ugly, but that doesn't really matter. What some might think are ugly, others might love and want for their character. Are you saying Bioware should remove every set of armor that some people think are ugly?

I thought crafters can RE them for the recipes...

Yes, but you can only RE something you have... and if the way to obtain them is removed from the game, you can't RE them. For my alt I created today, or my bud who just joined the game last week, we have no way of gaining them to RE in the first place.

And besides, you can only RE Battlemaster and War Hero for Schematics, not Tionese/Columi/Rakata.

Edited by Swissbob

I'm pretty sure a version of each of the current Tionese/Columni/Rakata armors will be coming to the Cartel Market in all their adaptive armor glory and I'm looking forward to it.

I hope so! I would be a very happy customer if they do! :D

(It would be even better if they were a vendor in-game, for Credits, but I'd settle for Cartel Market purchases if the alternative is not at all. ;) )

I'm pretty sure a version of each of the current Tionese/Columni/Rakata armors will be coming to the Cartel Market in all their adaptive armor glory and I'm looking forward to it.

Should need to use the crappy cartel market to get old content

It will be coming to the CM as legacy gear, I can almost guarantee it.

Since I have pretty much all the items I want though, this does'nt really concern me that much.

I hope so!

I mean, this won't make players very happy, but it is sure better then not having them available at all. ;)

Also those sets are pretty ugly, would anyone actually buy them?

You mean compared to the the PVP/PVE sets that have been added to the game since launch that only seem to get worse and worse in terms of design? In other words ugly compared to what? Uglier?

The armor designs that they keep adding only seem to get further and further away from defining class elements. I mean if someone showed you the new 2.0 armors without identifying what was what, do you think you could figure out what belonged to what specific class(es)?

I get why the designers design the high end armor the way they do. It's because they want to be creative and not be restricted to tradition only, but it of course creates a situation where only the artist is satisfied and not the audience. The alternate costumes seen in games like Street Fighter 4 or KOF: Maximum Impact really suffer as a result of this process because the artist(s) become more about self fulfillment than anything else. You then end up with something that nobody wants or wants to buy.

Why are Armor Designs removed from the game? (For example the Tionese/Columi/Rakta designs, War Hero and Elite War Hero, and the Recruit/Battlemaster designs?)

I don't PVP so I don't know about the PVP armors, but there is no point for them to keep Tionese/Columi/Rakata armor in the game. It's phased out of the game. The general consensus of the players has been that this gear looks gaudy and tacky. There might be a few players here or there that want that armor to stick around but they are in the minority.

I don't PVP so I don't know about the PVP armors, but there is no point for them to keep Tionese/Columi/Rakata armor in the game. It's phased out of the game. The general consensus of the players has been that this gear looks gaudy and tacky. There might be a few players here or there that want that armor to stick around but they are in the minority.

I don't mean the armor stats (the mods and everything). That has "no use".

I'm talking about the "gaudy" and "tacky" armor designs. While yes, some of them are considered ugly by some players... that doesn't mean they have no point of keeping the armor in the game. In fact, there is a lot of benefit by keeping them in the game. Even if they are in the miniority, many many players like the designs, so why not give us players the choice? Giving choice to the players is always a good thing, especially when it comes to something as harmless as how they look in the game, and as easy-to-implement as putting in armor designs you've already made months ago .

Putting in these armor designs as empty, mod-able shells for those who want to wear them for cosmetic reasons does not hurt those who think they are ugly in any way, but it greatly helps those who want to wear them.

Saying they are being removed because people think they are ugly seems like nonsense to me.... If Bioware followed that logic for all armor sets in the game, probably half of the armor in the entire game would be removed. ;)

Edited by Swissbob

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there non-set bonus versions that look the same that drop from level 50 FPs and HM FPs?

I hope! :)

I know that Tionese, Columi, and even some Rakata currently drop during HM flashpoints, but as I understand, they will no longer be dropping once 2.0 hits. :(

What armor sets are you talking about?

You may be completely right, I don't know. But if you are, It's a very probable possibility that these armor sets will be taken out as well. :(

EDIT: Did some research, and you're half right. The armor you're talking about is the Energized and Exotech sets. They look identical, but they mainly drop during Operations. With a few dropping in HM Flashpoints as I understand. However it isn't clear to me whether or not these will remain in the game as of 2.0 ... and if they do they are BoP, so it's better then nothing I guess, but still not optimal. More of a work around then a solution the problem Bioware is creating. :(

(All of this is assuming they won't be taken out of the game as well, which is a very probable possibility)

And of course, regardless of whether or not they are staying, all of this doesn't help the problem surrounding Battlemaster/Recruit and War Hero. Still though, it's something, so thanks! :D

Edited by Swissbob

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there non-set bonus versions that look the same that drop from level 50 FPs and HM FPs?

And if that's true, and they aren't being removed as well, I'm still worried about the Battlemaster/War Hero gear... and the question still stands for them... :(

Edited by Swissbob

they will just re-skin them and use them as reputation armor sets and/or cartel sets. The Gree blue & red scalene armor is just operative battlemaster set with a tron skin. and the gold scalene armor is the cartel market version