Flash Point Finder

I know this has been talked about before how ever, my personal frustration has compelled me to write my own.

2 Days 17 Hours Played lvl 29 Operative Medicine tree.

I have yet to find a group to do Black Talon or Hammer Station

I have found a group to do Athiss three times.

I got a lvl 50 pity run through Mangalorian Raiders.

I have spent nearly 2 days strait LFG for Cademimu and no group.

The current LFG tool is hardly utilized by players.

General Chat is only regional so you cant go off to another planet and quest while waiting to get into a flashpoint, well you could but your not in the right area to catch people looking for the same thing on fleet general chat.

Bottom line there is no system in game to help players get groups for flash points, normal or hardmode. The only tool utilized is spamming general chat till you log from HutBall frustration.

Obviously you can create a system to que multiple people into an instance ... since it is done for PvP warzones.

A multitude of other games have dungeon finders more prominently WoW and Rift.

It actually sucks wanting to do a flash point or two or three, but yet standing in fleet spamming general chat is a waist of time spent in game when i could be sitting in a gue while I go off and quest on a distant planet.

Please focus some portion of development on a flashpoint finder que system, that actually groups 1 tank 1 healer and 2 dps.

I would definitely like to see some sort of Flashpoint/OP finder option. I fall into the camp of "no cross server dungeon finder" in that I had mostly bad experiences with it in "The game who must not be named" but one for server only would be awesome. I really don't want to hang out on the fleet for hours looking for a Hard Mode group. This would allow me to harvest mats, find datacrons, ect while waiting for a queue to pop.

Bleh.

If your server population sucks I could see wanting some kind of cross server functionality... otherwise just man up. Hell, my server created an LFG chat channel that people use. Why not do something like that?

I have to say, the system that "The game that must not be named" used is complete garbage. All you got was an impersonal non enjoyable experience with random individuals. For the guy with the level 20 something operative that is yet to get any kind of groups. It's difficult, yes. But it can be done.

I have a level 43 Bounty Hunter, he's my first character and I've managed to get multiple groups together for Black Talon, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Colicoid War Games, Red Reaper, Hammer Station. And, did I miss any? I'm not sure. Like I said, I'm new. And I'm only on a server with "Standard" population.

I've discovered you just have to individually whisper people around your level and be courteous and polite and you can usually get a group together quite fast actually. And I must say, I enjoy it more this way. It requires a little more work to get these groups together. But I've ended up adding someone to friends list almost every single time, at least one person out of the 3.

In closing, I really think the issue is just server population. Not enough saturation on the servers alone. And also the times you're trying to find groups.:)

First, I do love this game. But he is right a LFG must be added ASAP. I can never find a group and I don't have time to play 20 hours a week in a guild. The game is starting to lose players and if they don't do something soon we are looking at a major drop off. I have tried to roll on another server, but who has the time to re-roll another set of toons and hope that server is better. Hope things change soon!:)

I wish they had added a tab or button that let you see everyone currently flagged as "LFG," instead of having to manually search every time.

People do use it on occasion -- I've gotten groups multiple times by flagging myself while questing -- but I think more people would use the tool if it were obvious & easy.

• 4 weeks later...

:wea_02:Because we lack this Cross realm Random Flash Points Grouping System, alot of players don't know their role as they hit lvl 50, so that's another 3 months of teaching the new players to MMORPG's about how things work. You see a DPS charges a target before the Tank initiate the 1st move, and healers are not aware of their gear for super heals in tough fight, oooh booooy, and the list is scroling down. I hope that Bioware team is aware of some points that I will call between the sleeves of the sheets when implementing this system like:

1. Players that's on Block lists should not be able to group

2. Ristrict FP's to gear check item level

3. It would be nice to add an extra option to be ahead of the Online games by adding:

a. Cross Realm Random Grouping Option

b. in-Realm Random Grouping option

c. What is available(either in or cross realm)

I admit that I missed my fellow realm players after they added Random Dungeon tool in one of those games and both options "a" and "b" will put bioware a head of other games when it comes to runing dungeons or what they call Flash Points in my opinion:wea_02:

I saw this in the Dev tracker and thought it should be restated. I saw some pretty cool suggestions. Here's a place where you can send them...

General Discussion -> Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is looking for your feedback on the game's development once again. This week, with the development team hard at work on the next Game Update, he's asking for feedback on a planned feature.

James takes feedback directly via his Twitter account (@JamesOhlen), but if you're not on Twitter, his question is below and you can give your feedback here which will be passed on to him. You can also cast your vote on a poll.

As always, we ask you to limit your feedback to the question at hand and keep your feedback constructive as well as on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you? Is it forming a group for Operations, for Flashpoints, for Heroics, for something else - or do you have no preference?

As a note; at this time the Group Finder feature in development is limited to searching on a single server only.

You can vote in the attached poll on these options.

As a reminder, you can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen. You can also follow our main account @SWTOR.

I don't see what single-server/cross-server has to do with LFD. Either the LFD system can get you into a Flashpoint group with others from our SWTOR community, or not. That's its job #1, its raison d'être, the measuring stick that determines if it's a success or a failure. The KISS principle in action.

Here, it's right there in the name of the genre:

Massively

Multiplayer <----- this right here!

Role-

Playing

Game

The genre is not about balkanizing playerbases, restricting cross-server movement or denying freedom of association. It's about having role-playing fun with other people on a massive scale.

And for SWTOR, it's time to tear down the walls.

I don't see what single-server/cross-server has to do with LFD. Either the LFD system can get you into a Flashpoint group with others from our SWTOR community, or not. That's its job #1, its raison d'être, the measuring stick that determines if it's a success or a failure. The KISS principle in action.

Here, it's right there in the name of the genre:

Massively

Multiplayer <----- this right here!

Role-

Playing

Game

The genre is not about balkanizing playerbases, restricting cross-server movement or denying freedom of association. It's about having role-playing fun with other people on a massive scale.

And for SWTOR, it's time to tear down the walls.

I agree. I refuse to waste my time anymore.

Why a multiplayer game (yes, MMORPG's are multiplayer games, fascinating concept) doesn't have an automated grouping tool in this day and age is beyond me. Imagine that in BF3 for instance. Nobody would buy it, only idiots, and the people who would have bought it, would be outraged (and rightfully so).

All you only-mmo-players with your "work for it" - attitude need to wake up and smell the coffee, because here's the dirty little secret:

Nobody wants to waste hours spamming chat and in the end achieve nothing. A lot of people don't like working in a fu**ing videogame. Fun is subjective, not factbased. Get that in your head and spare us your "work for it" argument.

Edited by BoneEater

I don't see what single-server/cross-server has to do with LFD. Either the LFD system can get you into a Flashpoint group with others from our SWTOR community, or not. That's its job #1, its raison d'être, the measuring stick that determines if it's a success or a failure. The KISS principle in action..

I think this particular aspect is merely a matter of choice, not functionality. As someone pointed out earlier, and also what I experienced in WoW - In a multi-server grouping experience you rarely group with the same players. In a single server environment, you'll see more same players and more of a community-based atmosphere is presented.

Still, it makes little to no difference to me. Both ways have pros and cons. But I would like to see something implemented though. Flashpoints have great storylines. The look like fun. The loots would be nice. But I don't have a spare hours to camp fleet and put a group together. I would rather spend that time playing. As it stands, I have only done about 4 complete Flashpoints. It almost seems like a waste of content. Or at best a carrot on a stick.

I'm sick of having to sit and spin in fleet spamming "LFxM y for HM z." Since no one answers, and if they do, it takes 30 minutes to an hour of this, and I generally have to resort to creative insults to garner attention. And I'm a healer. I don't want to imagine what this will be like on my DPS character. I don't care how it is implemented, so long as it is at this point.

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of LFG and Dungeon Finders, we will be closing this current thread.

This topic was also recently covered in our weekly Community Q&A Blog for February 24th.

deusBAAL: Will you be providing a LFG tool? What will be its features? How will it be intended to work and when can we expect it to go live?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Writer): We are hard at work on a much more robust LFG functionality that will quickly help put groups together while still offering the flexibility to decide how you group and what sort of people you want to be grouped with. We’ll release more details as we get closer to release.

We thought you might be interested in James Ohlen's Feedback request regarding a Group Finder. We encourage you to visit and leave your feedback!

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

Have a great day!

Edited by Trineda