Star wars Empire at war? Who remembers

I remember playing the original game in the arcade when I was a little girl, It was all lines and the controls looked like a TIE fighters yolk :p I was an adult already when empire at war came out so I can't think of it as anything to " remember" because it was not long ago.

Though I miss the original X-Wing/with the B-wing add on.

I DO have a rebuilt X-Wing alliance on my slightly older rig with " relatively" new models made for it.

I also miss Rebel Assault 2, and one of the code you entered turned on what was a MST3K spoof on the bottom of the screen and yes they did riff the game

Still play that game, a sequel would be sick.

The best part about EAW is the mods. Keeps the game fresh, there is even a mod out there for the old republic time period, pretty darn fun.

When i play as empire I almost always end the galactic conquest mode with all the rebels trapped on their final planet and then BOOM, DEATHSTAR,,,empire wins.

EA, the addition "Forces of corruption" and some of the Mods were pretty decent. But compared to other RTS-games I do not consider it classic and do not play it anymore. The basic idea is great - with combination of troop management, space and planet battles - and the story campaigns were also exciting. But the space and land battles are to repetitive. Since you have the same map for every planet later it is too easy to know how to win them. In the space battles it is more the problem, that the AI always uses the same maneuvres and cannot combine their forces very good. So, it is very easy to calculate the outcome of each battle. Thats what I do not like so much.

Empire at War and the expansion are still installed on my pc and the shortcuts are still on my desktop. Along with Dark Forces, Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy. And Battlefront 2 :)

I believe that EaW is one of the best strategy games I have ever played since it has 2 of my favorite things in Star Wars: ground and space combat. If only the space features were a bit more complex or if the ground maps bigger with more varied terrain...but even so, it is a game worthy of cyberfreaq's SW collection :)

Edited by cyberfreaq

• 1 month later...
I believe that EaW is one of the best strategy games I have ever played since it has 2 of my favorite things in Star Wars: ground and space combat. If only the space features were a bit more complex or if the ground maps bigger with more varied terrain...but even so, it is a game worthy of cyberfreaq's SW collection :)

I feel exactly the same, I was largely disappointed in the ground combat because the maps are tiny and you only have a small number of units. The space battles were not that bad and in my opinion more fun than the ground battles.