Can't launch game SWTOR!

Phiter

Hello there, I just recently bought SWTOR and installed it successfully. Whenever I login and press "Play" it launches. When I first launched it, it showed me the cinematic of SWTOR and after that, my game automatically minimized. I launched SWTOR again and clicked "Play" again and the screen shows up loading and about 5-10 secs it minimizes... This time I ran the game as an administrative and it still didn't work. The same thing just keeps happening. Is there a way to fix this? I'm also running this game on my Alienware M11x R-1.. I'm not sure if it's my graphics card cause I left my version a 263.XX and theres a new update to it 301.XX idk.. That's prob the reason why but the version is more stable than the 301.XX. Sorry for not having this thread organized! First time here. Greatly appreciate it if someone replies :)

The above sounds like a good shot. One time when I first reinstalled the game, the launcher itself did not show any message that it was updating. I could still enter my email, password, and authenticator number. One sign seemed to be the launcher would change to a darker color. I let it sit for a while and it restarted itself, and then proceeded to update.

It could be that your launcher itself was just out of date, and instead of notifying you like it should, it still allowed you to play. I use the same method as posted above, except, I have a recent up-to-date install copied over to an external drive. If I reformat or something, I simply:

1. Download the setup from the mainsite.
  2. Install from the downloaded setup.
  3. Let the launcher update itself.
  4. It restarts and updates the game. So I close it.
  5. Copy the previous install from the external HDD, and overwrite the files in the Program Files directory.
  6. Start the launcher and let it patch up to the most recent version.
  7. Play the game.

Hope that helps! :)

Edit to add: If you do not have a FixLauncher.exe in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic directory, your launcher is probably so out of date it doesnt notify you that it needs to update. This was the first thing I realized when I had an issue with the launcher on a clean install. And so I started my ritual of installing using the method outlined above. :p

Edited by Katsuragisama

Hello there, I just recently bought SWTOR and installed it successfully. Whenever I login and press "Play" it launches. When I first launched it, it showed me the cinematic of SWTOR and after that, my game automatically minimized. I launched SWTOR again and clicked "Play" again and the screen shows up loading and about 5-10 secs it minimizes... This time I ran the game as an administrative and it still didn't work. The same thing just keeps happening. Is there a way to fix this? I'm also running this game on my Alienware M11x R-1.. I'm not sure if it's my graphics card cause I left my version a 263.XX and theres a new update to it 301.XX idk.. That's prob the reason why but the version is more stable than the 301.XX. Sorry for not having this thread organized! First time here. Greatly appreciate it if someone replies :)

Once the Game has been installed and you access the lanucher check to see if it is updating because the CD just has the basics of the game and because BioWare has added alot of content since launch. I Installed the game on a friends computer for him and the Launcher had to download all of the updates and patches that have been released to date before the launcher would even let me click play. So check to see if your launcher is updating if not download the current client from the website. That should allow you to play the game or at least kickstart the launcher into getting all the current updates and patches so you can play the game. If that doesnt work contact Customer Service.

Edited by Kyriosgundam

Thanks for your help guys! Really appreciate it lots :)

I finally got it to work! Before logging in I went to settings and it showed "Enable Public Test Service Action" on No and I set it to Yes (I do not know why it was on No :/) After that I applied the settings then clicked "Play" again it launch successfully!

Thanks for the helps guys! :D