Rage Quitters PvP

kronichabit

My 1st post =) I would like to say please do not talk smack and rage quit, if you really like to pvp then it shouldnt bother you at all to get owned..... sux when we have to come in a rage quit game. I promise you if your nice and take your beating, you will be a elite player. I'm posting this because I think there's alot of newcomers to this server and alot negative smack talking along with quitting. Please save your pve server comments,, I dont get mad when i see you in my game trying to hustle our relics lol.... btw it is a game have fun... well hacks ? IDK but ive seen some fishy pvp and this I do know this, some of these so called elite pvp players use whats called a LAG SWITCH EXPLOIT and in most hacking forums i've read to try to understand, to them they call it elite pvp. So obvious and i've lost so much respect for some players that I just relax play my game. heres a example of the most common spot its used at...In Huttball,what appears to be a lag spike that allows the ball carrier to disappear/stealth for around 3 seconds. They then reappear still holding the ball. The player drops targetting and is unable to be targetted during this time, and its at the fire pit b4 goal line..... Lame and its cheating Edited by kronichabit
address comments

I agree with the OP, so many people get frustrated when some premade starts owning everybody so they badmouth their own team.

We're all frustrated. Maybe of we all had TeamSpeak we could at least hold our own but the odds are against us. Don't use it as an excuse to act like a petulant child. Just play it out, move as a group, and think of it as advanced training.

If they're really that good it will be over soon. And if not then maybe you can halt their advance. Even if you don't win turning a rout into a stalemate is a good reflection on how you turned a pug to a team.

It certainly shows more skill than crying and running home to mama.

I try to quit every huttball match, unless I have some friends on the same team. If I am doing pvp outside of the daily/weekly i'll quit matches when people are just ************ at each other and not listening. I mean who cares if someone rage quits? If the enemy has all three nodes and a full 8 players can't do anything, I doubt losing one would have made a difference.

Ranked Quitting is another issue...

Got to give it to the group i was in no one quit and we were outnumbered 12 to 8, YES i said 12, how u must ask i have no fricken clue, hacks? glitch? have no idea but great job bioware just plain awesome..if it was hacks i just wanna say to all the pubs on the opposing team suk it and have a nice day :D

I try to quit every huttball match, unless I have some friends on the same team. If I am doing pvp outside of the daily/weekly i'll quit matches when people are just ************ at each other and not listening. I mean who cares if someone rage quits? If the enemy has all three nodes and a full 8 players can't do anything, I doubt losing one would have made a difference.

Ranked Quitting is another issue...

personally, I love huttball. It's unique in that it isn't necessarily about killing, but controlling. You kill tons of toons and they respawn basically at their own goalline, thus, it can make it difficult to score.

Granted, other wz', meaning 8v8, can be won this way, as long as you can control the nodes or the pylons, but mainly those are about killing players. It adds a nice mix to the pvp battles, IMO.

I would point out though, in regards to your other point, some people need to be *****ed at. If you get into a 55, even unranked, you should at least understand the wz. You should understand that 5 people rushing the pylon at the beginning of the match and all 5 rushing to click the pylon, and then don't understand how one lone assassin keeps them from capping for a minute.

I would also suggest, that anytime someone tries to give advice and then they rage about said advice, those rage quitters need to chill and learn. The easiest way to get better at pvp, at least in the way that SWTOR pvp is, is to learn how to play your warzones. Understanding calls, understanding strat is easily half the battle.

I would also add that people shouldn't get upset about pre-mades. Easiest way is to make yourself available for one by asking about them in pvp channel, and then proving your worth. Get into Teamspeak channels, get to know people, and learn from people that are better than you. Watch and learn how those pillar hopping operatives stay alive vs 3 people trying to attack them while they wait for reinforcements.

Pre-mades aren't the problem, they are the solution. For example, why go into a basketball game with 5 centers and no point guard if you don't have too. How about 11 offensive lineman with no qb, or 11 rb's with no line. Not too much different than queueing randomly because you can get stuck without a heal or a tank. Is that a BioWare issue, maybe yes, maybe no. But the thing that is sure is that you have the ability to control that, and if you have that ability, why aren't you doing that?

Edited by Anyakaschala

personally, I love huttball. It's unique in that it isn't necessarily about killing, but controlling. You kill tons of toons and they respawn basically at their own goalline, thus, it can make it difficult to score.

Hutball=Jedi Jungle gym

now we get two of em. Marauder might come out of moffballs for this new map.

Granted, other wz', meaning 8v8, can be won this way, as long as you can control the nodes or the pylons, but mainly those are about killing players. It adds a nice mix to the pvp battles, IMO.

I would point out though, in regards to your other point, some people need to be *****ed at. If you get into a 55, even unranked, you should at least understand the wz. You should understand that 5 people rushing the pylon at the beginning of the match and all 5 rushing to click the pylon, and then don't understand how one lone assassin keeps them from capping for a minute.

I would also suggest, that anytime someone tries to give advice and then they rage about said advice, those rage quitters need to chill and learn. The easiest way to get better at pvp, at least in the way that SWTOR pvp is, is to learn how to play your warzones. Understanding calls, understanding strat is easily half the battle.

I would also add that people shouldn't get upset about pre-mades. Easiest way is to make yourself available for one by asking about them in pvp channel, and then proving your worth. Get into Teamspeak channels, get to know people, and learn from people that are better than you. Watch and learn how those pillar hopping operatives stay alive vs 3 people trying to attack them while they wait for reinforcements.

Pre-mades aren't the problem, they are the solution. For example, why go into a basketball game with 5 centers and no point guard if you don't have too. How about 11 offensive lineman with no qb, or 11 rb's with no line. Not too much different than queueing randomly because you can get stuck without a heal or a tank. Is that a BioWare issue, maybe yes, maybe no. But the thing that is sure is that you have the ability to control that, and if you have that ability, why aren't you doing that?

Well, said. Regardless, I'm not paying my sub to ***** at people and I've never enjoyed trying to teach. I understand an *** woopin from a good team and if we are just being outplayed, oh well. However, if people are really just "lol idc still gonna get daily" then I don't even bother. I find ranked more entertaining than unranked because it "usually" forces players to play correctly. It has been a long while since I've seen a really bad, selfish player in ranked.

• 7 months later...
oh snap not u guys lol actually its not the best pvp players that lag switch and if you google swtor lag switch videos , ppl are posting there toons doing it, funniest one is the mando. Lets set the record straight, Peyther as much as I would love to say you lag switch you and your crew don't do it, and that goes with about 85% of the elite pvp players. now huttball b4 the fire pit by the goal line, does expose. So yes speed hacks and switching does happen but that doesn't bug me. Since most my peeps left swtor, I haven't yet found a crew so ive solo qued a lot. And guess who jumps in a rage quit against u guys or wraith of nerds ect.... me. Ive only recently have been so lucky to have few solid pvp players lately q with me and they hack. So my point is... IF YOU TALK SMACK THEN RAGE QUIT you may also wet your bed or hurt animals for fun ... hehehe hey man theres this dude from brazil that has beaten me 17 times at chess, thats a tuff pill to swallow.

I don't ever bad mouth my own team, BUT if I am queueing solo I want to be in a WZ with other people queueing solo. If I notice the other team is a premade I will leave. I don't queue solo to be rolled by teams that SHOULD be queueing ranked, just so they can have easy wins/kills.

I don't understand why people get so worked up over PVP. Especially unranked. In unranked, it makes no difference whether you win or lose anyway. People need to remember it's just a game and go outside when they get worked up. Some of the things people say when they lose is really uncalled for. I've been in a lot of matches where people tell each other to go kill themselves because they didn't capture a turret in time or whatever. It's really stupid that people get that worked up over a game. At the end of the day, even if you're queuing for ranked, does it really matter? What do you gain? Absolutely nothing. Video games are a time sync, and have no effect on your real life whatsoever (unless, you know, you're one of those guys that makes a ton of money playing at real tournaments, but to my knowledge, those don't exist for TOR.)

Got to give it to the group i was in no one quit and we were outnumbered 12 to 8, YES i said 12, how u must ask i have no fricken clue, hacks? glitch? have no idea but great job bioware just plain awesome..if it was hacks i just wanna say to all the pubs on the opposing team suk it and have a nice day :D

I imagine because of all the fast leveling with the x12xp that people are taking advantage of the "one time extra player bug" that people can use when leveling out of the pvp bracket while in a match....

This is what happens....

Say i am a level 29 player and i have a mission completion that is ready to be accepted, and once i do, it will level me to 30. Well, if you enter a pvp match that is for the level 10-29 players, then accept the mission turn in to level up to 30 while in the match, the system gets confused and tells itself that it needs another level 10-29 player in the game. So voila, you now have 9 members on your 8 man team, or 5 on your 4 man team depending on the map. You can currently do this as a level 29 or level 54. Sounds like a premade group of 4 did this at the same time to get the 12 members. If "it happened" in a level 55 match, you probably just had 4 people quit the match and saw their replacements on the scoreboard. It sucks i know, but it can only happen once per toon. Something to laugh about really....though i understand that because there are so many people leveling up these days, that it is probably happening more often and is that much more frustrating. Just be glad that all 8 players on the other team didn't do this at the same time.:rak_02:

As for the OP topic...rage quitters have been an issue from day one....of gaming. The dev could try and do something to stop it, like have a lockout timer for quitters similar to the group finder, but then you will probably just have people raging in the match, which is far worst in my opinion. Some people have patience, some people dont. Got to deal with the latter to be one of the former i guess. :)

+1 for logic