NiM Boss Difficulty Ranking?

My raid team is about to go full-time into Nightmare modes and I was wondering if the guilds that have more experience could rank the boss difficulty? We're an 8M team. I'm presuming that Withering Horror and Dash-roode are the easiest but I can't really find any discussions about this subject.

My personal opinion on this (considering DPS & heal requirements in current version of the 8man encounter):

1. Withering Horror - TfB (Easiest)

2. Operations Chief - S&V

3. Dash'roode - S&V

4. Operator IX - TfB

5. Titan 6 - S&V

6. Kephess the Undying - TfB

7. The Dread Guard - TfB

8. Olok the Shadow - S&V

9. Trasher - S&V

10. The Terror from Beyond - TfB

11. The Cartel Warlords - S&V

12. Dread Master Styrak - S&V (Hardest)

Edited by Vajet

Vajet is pretty much spot on with the list. We haven't killed Styrax yet, but in our few attempts he takes the prize for most difficult atm. Some few added points:

- Dread Guard nerfs have really made the fight much easier

- TFB has a tight DPS requirement (healing and tanking are fairly easy)

- Olox and Warlords have tough healing situations (I personally hate the first minute of Warlords :eek:)

- Styrax and Thrasher is all around difficult for every class and usually 1 mechanic failure is a instant wipe.

Yeah, well, I tried to even out dps/hps requirements and overall difficulty. Surely, if you have excellent DPS, some of the fights I have ranked 'hard' (like Terror from Beyond) become easier than others. Or if you have excellent tanks/healers other fights will appear easier. Styrak can become easier depending on your knockback/stun setup (e.g. when you have lots of snipers... or mercs instead).

For me on 8-man it would be:

1. Operations Chief - S&V (Easiest)

2. Withering Horror - TfB

3. Dash'roode - S&V

4. Kephess the Undying - TfB

5. Dread Master Styrak - S&V

6. Titan 6 - S&V

7. The Dread Guard(post nerf) - TfB

8. Thrasher - S&V

9. Operator IX - TfB

10. Olok the Shadow - S&V

11. The Terror from Beyond - TfB

12. The Cartel Warlords - S&V

13. The Dread Guards (pre nerf) (Hardest)

Edited by Solar_Breeze

16 man mode

Ops cheif: -easier on 16 than 8

OP9: -eaiser first phase, second phase demands quick movement on colors or raid dies from black obtuse wave

Dash: about the same as 8

WH: harder on 16 man, spit kills you in two ticks and tank damage is pretty high

Titan 6: Not a hard fight until burn phase.

Olak: Tedious.

Trasher: **** that 50%

Kephess: This fight is difficult as **** on 16 man. If you don't get good rng, you don't kill him.

Dread Guard: Because yea.

CWL: Dat timing at the end, roughly the same difficulty as 8, higher raid damage.

TfB: This fight is just not nice on 16 man.

Styrak: Demands perfection on execution, not a crazy dps race though.

Operations Chief - S&V easiest

Withering Horror - TfB

Dash'roode - S&V

Titan 6 - S&V

Operator IX - TfB

The Terror from Beyond - TfB

The Dread Guard - TfB

Kephess the Undying - TfB

Dread Master Styrak - S&V

The Cartel Warlords - S&V

Thrasher - S&V hardest

Edited by Ausgelebt

Hello,

here is my rating for the diffculty for the whole raid.

1. Withering Horror - TfB (Easiest)

2. Operations Chief - S&V

3. Dash'roode - S&V

4. Operator IX - TfB

5. Titan 6 - S&V

6. The Dread Guard

7. Kephess the Undying - TfB

8. Olok the Shadow - S&V

9. Trasher - S&V

10. The Terror from Beyond - TfB

11. The Cartel Warlords - S&V

12. Dread Master Styrak - S&V (Hardest)

Now the rating for Maurader Class itself.

Withering Horror - TfB (Easiest)

Titan 6 - S&V

Operations Chief - S&V

Dash'roode - S&V

Operator IX - TfB

Titan 6 - S&V

Kephess the Undying - TfB

Olok the Shadow - S&V

Trasher - S&V

The Terror from Beyond - TfB

The Cartel Warlords - S&V

Dread Master Styrak - S&V

The Dread Guard (prenerf)

I think my job in the raid is the most easiest., beacaus as a mara you have only small tools to support your group (like preadtion or bloodthirst). So I see my job here: don't take to much dmg but do alot of dmg.

Prenerf DG were very hard for melee Dps cause of the movment and the overload. But now with hard reduced dmg and Enragetime and life you don't have to stay on Kel'saara all the time.

Dread Master Styrak has no enrage timer, so you can keep your cooldowns for every Illusion which makes it much more easier for your group.

There is only one thing you have to do : max out your Dps to make it easier for your group.

The fight I like most, is Trasher (I play on the outer ring). You can jump around an use ur predation i the right time.

Edited by erschinger

I'll throw my 2cents in here. When we killed DG's week 2 we hit enrage at 1% (20k hp). We also had a slinger and a tank die at around 10%. Now I could be completely wrong here, but I would imagine that if our slinger and tank had lived we never would have seen enrage. Also we had no bloodthirst, NP buff, and a shadow dps :rolleyes:. I'd say that given a near flawless run, beating the enrage was in fact possible.

meh lets not start with DGs again...

1 WH

2 Chief

3 Titan 6

4 DG after nerf

5 Dash

6 Warlords

7 Kephess

8 Operator

9 TFB

10 Trasher

11 Olok

12 Styrak

from 1 -7 is real simple... 8th is depending on how smart is your group / healers dps, can either be incredibly easy, or stuck on it for lack of awareness... 10-12 are really hard fights... trasher need tricks, like snipers, and practice... olok P2 is simple if tanks know what they doing, but it can get really messy and long fight makes it more annoying that actual trasher 2 min wipes :)... styrak is, well, hard, until your group figures out whats everyone doing, once u figure out whats everyone doing and luck on who gets the first nightmare, it can be moved to the 1-7 easy fights, its just repeat the execution of "barely" hard mechanics 7 straight phases, only thing that can go wrong is if he decides to do a super saiyan Overload and tank gets knocked off from wall too far from wall, or **** like that, then he starts playing soccer with you thru the whole room /facepalm lol, and jump is almost an instant kill on a non tank.

• 3 weeks later...