In 2.0 diminishing returns on Crit after 20% but smash still autocrits

NathanielStarr

And after that 4 seconds, I'll leap to you and take 1/3 of you and 4 of your friends HP with 1 hit.

After those four seconds, someone else will stun you and you will die without doing anything, unless you have a healer. Fixed.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real buff to the Advanced Pyrotech (APyro for short :p New named I just now coined) hybrid was the retractable blade hits happening twice as fast (or more), effectively doubling the chances of getting the crit proc within a certain window of time. It makes this proc not very "procy," which I like a lot since AP's procs are not procy, their chances are extremely likely if not 100%. Oh yeah and surge bonus, that;s nice too. Edited by Zunayson

After those four seconds, someone else will stun you and you will die without doing anything, unless you have a healer. Fixed.

Because that totally happens everytime. Regardless, that's a counter for every class and not just smash. So basically, you're saying the only way to counter it is to just chain stun him? Seems viable.

But then again, you are a smash supremacist.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

The real buff to the Advanced Pyrotech (APyro for short :p New named I just now coined) hybrid was the retractable blade hits happening twice as fast (or more), effectively doubling the chances of getting the crit proc within a certain window of time. It makes this proc not very "procy," which I like a lot since AP's procs are not procy, their chances are extremely likely if not 100%. Oh yeah and surge bonus, that;s nice too.

it will be fixed by bioware

Was the formula actually changed,.

The formula was changed, for crit chance from both main stat and Crit. Crit chance now has a lower potential cap and scales much slower in 2.0. Makes access to reliable enormous autocrits rather more valuable.

I'd curse when I couldn't get a crit in my first 3 big hits opening on someone before 2.0, I'll be lucky to get one at all now, and my normal hits will get mitigated to hell by tanks. Hold your lovely reliable autocrit close.

Edited by Wainamoinen

The formula was changed, for crit chance from both main stat and Crit. Crit chance now has a lower potential cap and scales much slower in 2.0. Makes access to reliable enormous autocrits rather more valuable.

I'd curse when I couldn't get a crit in my first 3 big hits opening on someone before 2.0, I'll be lucky to get one at all now, and my normal hits will get mitigated to hell by tanks. Hold your lovely reliable autocrit close.

Reroll to smash

While I have been smashed for 9k by the jugg whose image has been posted on this thread, I handled him pretty easy in the open field on my slinger even with 7k less HP.

Smash is still the squishiest jugg spec; once saber ward runs out they are easy pickings. I can't speak for marauder because I have never run smash on my marauder or my sentinal, but I would imagine it's a bit more survivable with it's undying rage talent.

While I have been smashed for 9k by the jugg whose image has been posted on this thread, I handled him pretty easy in the open field on my slinger even with 7k less HP.

Smash is still the squishiest jugg spec; once saber ward runs out they are easy pickings. I can't speak for marauder because I have never run smash on my marauder or my sentinal, but I would imagine it's a bit more survivable with it's undying rage talent.

the squishiest juggernaut is still not as squishy as 75% of the other classes in this game. Just because you beat one once doesn't mean it's balanced.

the squishiest juggernaut is still not as squishy as 75% of the other classes in this game. Just because you beat one once doesn't mean it's balanced.

As you can see those players vastly outgear us though. I'm sure they won't be in such good shape once everyone catches up.

The only classes that really need tuning that I've seen still seem to be merc, DPS Sin and maybe concealment operatives.

Taking a nerf bat to a spec that in 2.0 is by no means as OP as some of the other crap flying around, is utterly stupid and hurts the PvE value a ton. I'll stop smashing you into the ground when I stop getting killed because I'm stunned locked to oblivion.

:rak_03:

Edited by Lenlo

I never really had an issue with smash until today.

There is not one reason in the world I should be fighting a smasher with 37k+ hp that can still smash for 8k. Especially when I am a tank. The fact that it's possible to do that is just unbalanced.

Dude, Marksmanship is the hard counter to Smash. The spec is supposed to dominate the crap out of any smashers with all its tools available. So saying that jugs are squishy, well, they are supposed to lose to MM.

I never really had an issue with smash until today.

There is not one reason in the world I should be fighting a smasher with 37k+ hp that can still smash for 8k. Especially when I am a tank. The fact that it's possible to do that is just unbalanced.

lol 37k hit points. How many will my Sage have. I'm going to have to do some serious dot damage if Im going to DOT kill a 37K health opponent. I hope they add more columns for me to hide behind when my dots are ticking

:D

Jenna'syyde

Taking a nerf bat to a spec that in 2.0 is by no means as OP as some of the other crap flying around, is utterly stupid and hurts the PvE value a ton. I'll stop smashing you into the ground when I stop getting killed because I'm stunned locked to oblivion.

:rak_03:

Says the class with the second best aoe mez in the game. The chain mezzing by knights and warriors is out of control

Says the class with the second best aoe mez in the game. The chain mezzing by knights and warriors is out of control

To be fair, he mentioned being killed while stunned. Awe/Intimidating Roar breaks on damage so it's actually a crowd control tool, not a "stun him so we can quickly burst him down" tool.

Before this thread gets derailed, I'd just like to emphasize one thing:

This thread should be focused on why Bioware needs to UN-Nerf crit to some degree on the PTS and when 2.0 goes live. This thread should NOT be focused on how this one talent change was overpowered or how marauders need nerfed more.

Have a nice day :)

Quoted because this is 100% true. Unnerf crit to some extent. I'd rather buff everyone back up then nerf smash only because nerfing smash won't suddenly make crit worth taking for everyone else.

While I would not complain for 1 second if all mezzes were made pve-only, knight-warrior mezzes aren't as good as good as smuggler's which lasts longer and are not point blank range. And stealth classes can mez from stealth for longer than any awe effects. I would rather have a mezz-at-will for 8 seconds than awe which is fairly pointless for a smasher but is good in huttball for reasons other than damage.

On topic - is smash parsing higher than other dos specs? Are smashers the only class that can get 37k health?

Edited by WaywardOne

lol 37k hit points. How many will my Sage have. I'm going to have to do some serious dot damage if Im going to DOT kill a 37K health opponent. I hope they add more columns for me to hide behind when my dots are ticking

:D

Jenna'syyde

I'm still not sure if it was suppose to be that way or the dude found a way to make the bolster help him more because back at the fleet he only had 25k hp when I found him.

Edited by Xienive

I'm still not sure if it was suppose to be that way or the dude found a way to make the bolster help him more because back at the fleet he only had 25k hp when I found him.

Enure/Endure Pain temporarily adds 30% to maximum health and Rakata medpac gives an additional 15%.

25k + 25k*0.3 = 32.5k

32.5k + 32.5*0.15 = 37375

Voilá.

Edited by Siorac