Crested Orokeet / Model Flashfire

Screaming_Ziva

Well THAT angers me. I did one just to make sure it worked and then was going to order the second for my girlfriend. Should have just knocked out both at once.

woulda shoulda coulda

EDIT: take a look at the ranked season 1 rewards so you guys don't miss out and get your own case of woulda shoulda coulda

So far, I only ordered to Germany, so it could be that you need to pay for shipping to the U.S. regardless of how much you purchase, so don't just trust on my word. But yeah, that really is bad luck. :(

Regarding the ranked season rewards, you're right, actual pet collectors will have nearly no chance at getting those pets. PvP players will just activate the pet and never call it out again, and us pet collectors will forever have those pets missing from our collection. :mad:

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Season ends in 6 weeks. Go do 10 matches. I ended up 7-3 and a 1279 rating with 0 expertise before bolster. As long as it's the same pet from tier 2 up, anyone should be able to get it. Edited by Octom

Why? Season ends in 6 weeks. Go do 10 matches. I ended up 7-3 and a 1279 rating with 0 expertise before bolster. As long as it's the same pet from tier 2 up, anyone should be able to get it.

Hm, now that I read it again, you may be right, though without them giving the name of the pet, it is hard to tell if it is the same pet for Tiers 1-4. Hopefully, once the PTS for 2.7 is available, we'll get a preview of the pet to be sure. :)

My highest rating is 1207 from back in October, and now that they announced the rewards, solo rated matches are popping again, so I already played a few matches today (5 victories, 3 defeats), so I hope that I'll at least get into Tier 3.

Edited by Jerba

FYI, according to the live stream, they are looking into what is going on with the Orokeet going to best buy, and not Target. So, that is good. I don't expect them to comment here until they get it fixed.

Yeah, they answered two pet questions on the stream; I am really happy about that. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/b/505269602

Starting at 12:25:

Courtney: Oh, we can...

Eric: Yeah.

Courtney: We can tell you about that.

Eric: We can answer the question if you read that out. I have faith in your ability. Do you want to read it out?

Courtney: Well, that one, we were going back and forth.

Eric: Yeah, I am at least 99.9% sure on the answer on that question. So Theeho asks, "Can you tell us whether there will be four different pets for each PvP tier, or if it will be one pet?" At current, it is one pet.

Courtney: One pet.

Eric: Yes, it is a mini-pet. We're still working through what it is, so can't tell you what it is yet. That's my authoritative drink. I finish a statement and then I drink, I do it all the time. Not intentional, it is just habit.

So that's what we wondered about, and the good news is, you just need Tier 4 to get the exclusive mini-pet, so at least 1,150 rating. The higher tiers will just give you the same pet like the Tier 4 pet.

And 1,150 rating is definitely within reach. As long as you don't lose every one of the 10 matches, you should have above 1,150 rating. :)

And shortly later, starting at 29:30:

Courtney: Uhm, "What's going on with the Target and Best Buy cartel coins and pets?" We are looking into that.

Eric: So those should be-- If you get them and there's a problem, just contact CS. We are working through getting them adjusted period, but if for some reason you get it and something is wrong with it, just contact CS and they can help you out.

I understood it differently than what LtGeneralGezlin wrote. From what I understand, they just said that if you got a code from a store in one way or another and it does not work, you need to contact Customer Service and they'll fix it.

For codes that don't work (they probably mean the new Walmart M-7 Razorwire pets by that which show up as invalid), they are working on it so that all codes will work in the future without requiring CS to look into it.

Therefore, I don't believe they were talking about the Crested Orokeet and Model Flashfire since we can't get those codes in the store, but once someone finds such a code in a store and it does not give the pet, Customer Service will unlock it manually for us.

Edited by Jerba

Yeah, they answered two pet questions on the stream; I am really happy about that. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/b/505269602

Starting at 12:25:

So that's what we wondered about, and the good news is, you just need Tier 4 to get the exclusive mini-pet, so at least 1,150 rating. The higher tiers will just give you the same pet like the Tier 4 pet.

And 1,150 rating is definitely within reach. As long as you don't lose every one of the 10 matches, you should have above 1,150 rating. :)

And shortly later, starting at 29:30:

I understood it differently than what LtGeneralGezlin wrote. From what I understand, they just said that if you got a code from a store in one way or another and it does not work, you need to contact Customer Service and they'll fix it.

For codes that don't work (they probably mean the new Walmart M-7 Razorwire pets by that which show up as invalid), they are working on it so that all codes will work in the future without requiring CS to look into it.

Therefore, I don't believe they were talking about the Crested Orokeet and Model Flashfire since we can't get those codes in the store, but once someone finds such a code in a store and it does not give the pet, Customer Service will unlock it manually for us.

I got the feeling they were, at least for the looking in to it part. But, I got the M-7 razorwire card last night, and send a ticket to CS since it didn't show up in the mail. (And on a slightly more selfish note, I'm glad they answered the few questions I asked. :D)

I just discovered that all of the lizardbats, flutterplumes and probes are now classified as flying pets. Previously, I could have both the Gilded Flutterplume and the Model S-12 Blackbolt out at the same time since the Flutterplume counted as a ground pet. It seems like this was changed with 2.6.1, but I could not find anything about that in the patch notes. Can anyone confirm my suspicion that they stealth-changed the pets?

Also, we now have more information on the Amazon promotion I talked about previously. I am happy that they now make the title available for all players via the Cartel Market. Hopefully, they learned from the mistakes with the older EA F2P battle droids and will no longer make those pets unobtainable by veteran players.

Too bad we can only get the new M8-3R Astromech Droid via the cantina tours. I'll have to wait a few more months to get a code... :(

So far, I still have no information on which pet we will receive as part of the Rated Season 1 Rewards. 2.7 adds nine new Mawvorr pets, but I don't know if they'll show up in the Cartel Market or somewhere else.

Edited by Jerba

So, I got the Razorwire after some help with a CS agent over the phone (Since it was account related, they called me.) Since I already had the code on my account for the coins, they gave me the pet without any photos of the cards. Also, they know about the problems with the Model FT-6 Pike, and are investigating the reason this is happening. I totally forgot to ask about the Orokeet and Flashfire, but those are on my list to ask at the Boulder Community Cantina.

Too bad we can only get the new M8-3R Astromech Droid via the cantina tours. I'll have to wait a few more months to get a code... :(

I'm going to the Boulder Community Cantina in a few weeks, And if my friends going with (Who don't play TOR) don't want their M8-3R pets (Which I bet will happen...), I can send one your way.

I have good news for all players still waiting on their Model FT-6 Pike pet! On the PTS for 2.7, you can preview it in the Collections, therefore I am confident that you will be able to unlock it for your main toons as soon as 2.7 hits, provided you have the pet on one of your alts. :)

Also, it looks like the final boss in the new Tactical Flashpoint will drop one of the new Mewvorr pets, though the chance seems to be rather low.

So, I got the Razorwire after some help with a CS agent over the phone (Since it was account related, they called me.) Since I already had the code on my account for the coins, they gave me the pet without any photos of the cards. Also, they know about the problems with the Model FT-6 Pike, and are investigating the reason this is happening. I totally forgot to ask about the Orokeet and Flashfire, but those are on my list to ask at the Boulder Community Cantina.

I'm going to the Boulder Community Cantina in a few weeks, And if my friends going with (Who don't play TOR) don't want their M8-3R pets (Which I bet will happen...), I can send one your way.

Don't suppose you'd have another extra one to send to another poor soul *wink* *wink* :):o

What? Why are you looking at me like that?! Don't judge. :p

I have good news for all players still waiting on their Model FT-6 Pike pet! On the PTS for 2.7, you can preview it in the Collections, therefore I am confident that you will be able to unlock it for your main toons as soon as 2.7 hits, provided you have the pet on one of your alts. :)

Also, it looks like the final boss in the new Tactical Flashpoint will drop one of the new Mewvorr pets, though the chance seems to be rather low.

That is good news on the Pike. Bugs me every time I see it in my collections :p

Yay on the Mawvorr! I greatly prefer animal pets :) (I'm sad that I'll never get a Taun fawn.)

So, so far, I've brought up the Model Flashfire and the Crested Orokeet was brought up by someone else. They acknowledged both questions but said nothing about them other than they knew they were store cards. They aren't addressing the problems we're having with obtaining them or any plans they have to fix it.

The other one about not doing the pets we can't get.

If you are talking about what I said about the pets from other EA F2P pets, that was just my opinion/inference based on this patch note; I did not state that they officially talked about it. I am fairly certain that this is the first time that an item you are sent via in-game mail is available through some other means in-game (correct me if I am wrong), and that may indicate a new approach regarding future promotions.

That is good news on the Pike. Bugs me every time I see it in my collections :p

Yay on the Mawvorr! I greatly prefer animal pets :) (I'm sad that I'll never get a Taun fawn.)

In addition to the two Mawvorrs you can get in the flashpoints, 2.7 is also adding six new Subteroth pets! One of them, the Deepcrest Subteroth, will drop from the second boss in Dread Fortress on Nightmare mode. But don't worry if you are not a progression PvE player; they already said that sometime after 2.8, they are going to remove the Nightmare Buff from the bosses. In other words, you can run nightmare mode, but the bosses will only deal as much damage as on hard mode, except for some additional mechanics; therefore it will not the difficult to get the pet then.

So, so far, I've brought up the Model Flashfire and the Crested Orokeet was brought up by someone else. They acknowledged both questions but said nothing about them other than they knew they were store cards. They aren't addressing the problems we're having with obtaining them or any plans they have to fix it.

Yeah, I heard the Crested Orokeet mentioned on today's stream as well. :) In case anyone wants to rewatch it, it starts at 1:21:21:

Eric Musco: The Crested Orokeet, just since someone was asking about that, I believe, that was an item from one of the stores, Targ--

Tait Watson: I think it's Walmart.

Eric Musco: Yes, I think it was like the Walmart or the Target, or something. One of their cartel coin cards. I believe this is where that came from. ♫ I believe.

And shortly later, at 1:45:51:

Eric Musco: Model Flashfire pet. I think the Model Flashfire pet was Amazon, which would mean it would not be a physical key, it would just add a digital code from Amazon.

I don't mind that they don't know where each pet comes from like we do -- there are so many things the Community Managers are responsible for, they can't know this many details about the pets.

I think it is probably best to ask them about the pet at the Cantina Tour where you have more time to explain the situation, since this needs more explaining than a simple question in chat. Then again, it is probably so detailed that they don't know an answer by heart, so they would need to ask someone in the office about it.

It's probably a good idea to keep mentioning the pet in the stream so that they remain aware that there are open issues with the cartel coin pets, so that we one day hopefully get a satisfying answer.

In the off-chance that a developer reads this thread, these are the most pressing issues for pet collectors:

• Will the Crested Orokeet ever be generally available in stores? It was planned to appear at Target but it never hit the shelves there. Due to some internal mix-up, it could be gotten via the Best Buy codes in November 2013 for one week before it got recalled. Unless you were lucky enough to buy a Best Buy code during that week and were lucky that this code was one of the mixed up ones, it is impossible to have the Crested Orokeet. There needs to be a general way to get the Crested Orokeet, without just having been at the right place at the right time. Make the Crested Orokeet available at Target, or put it back in at Best Buy, but allow pet collectors to buy it.
  • We still have no information on the Model Flashfire. Apparently, it is supposed to be available at Gamestop, but Gamestop still has the old pet (Lobelode). Any information on when we can expect to see the new Model Flashfire in any store would be appreciated.
  • It would help if the respective Help Center page would not contain false information since that only further confuses people. I see that you fixed some of the pets on that page (thanks!), but it's still not entirely correct:
    • Best Buy gives the Model NovaDive, not the Model Flashfire
    • GameStop does not give the Model NovaDive; that's the Best Buy pet. Currently, GameStop still gives the Lobelode, and in the future may switch to the Model Flashfire.
    • EU cards give both the Model FT-6 Pike and the Forest Nekarr Cat; your list only mentions the latter.
    • And as a minor error, Walmart still has some Gilded Flutterplume cards in stock in addtion to the new M-7 Razorwire cards, but I suppose there's no need to mention the Flutterplume caards since they'll eventually be sold out.

If it helps you, this list is still up-to-date with information on current cartel coin pet availability: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7206523#post7206523

And two more recent, but not as major issues:

• Some M-7 Razorwire codes from Walmart show up as invalid when you enter them. Currently, players have to contact Customer Service to manually fix it for them, but you already mentioned it on the stream that you are working on getting that fixed period.
  • Players who already redeemed a EU card prior to 2.6.1 (when it still only gave you the old pet, the Forest Nekarr Cat) and then entered another EU card after 2.6.1 (when cards now give both the Forest Nekarr Cat and the new Model FT-6 Pike), cannot get the new Model FT-6 Pike pet. Old characters who already have the mail for the Forest Nekarr Cat did not receive a new mail with the Model FT-6 Pike; only when we create new characters do we receive both the Forest Nekarr Cat and the Model FT-6 Pike. Players who did not redeem a EU card prior to 2.6.1 are not affected. I suppose that this will be semi-fixed with Game Update 2.7, since we can then unlock the Model FT-6 Pike via the Collections for older characters, but a general solution not requiring us to spend Cartel Coins for the unlock would be appreciated.

And @ the other pet collectors:

I just noticed this at the beginning of the Help Center page:

Cartel Coin Cards are available for sale to players in North America through Amazon.com (Online), BestBuy (Online and In-Store), GameStop (Online and In-Store) and Walmart (about 75% of Walmart stores in the US)

I'm fairly certain that this sentence was worded differently last time I checked. Does anyone have any information on Cartel Coins available from GameStop online? I checked Gamestop.com but they don't mention any Cartel Coins. Maybe this just means that their contract states that Gamestop is allowed to sell the codes both online and in-store, and not what Gamestop decided to do in the end? In any case, we should probably watch Gamestop.com in case the Model Flashfire becomes available on there.

Also, I forgot to mention, they also talked about the new M8-3R Astromech Droid a few times earlier in the stream. Eric explained the difference between a Community Pet (= the Taun Fawn), which is given away at any community events or social media, and a Event Pet (= the M8-3R), which is only given away at cantina tours. However, he did say that the M8-3R may possibly one day be given away on the stream, but certainly not before the Colorado and Boston events, which means not before April.

Edited by Jerba

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to get my M-7 Razorwire today without a hitch, so that issue seems to be fixed. It was a nice surprise from my husband :D

I recently talked to the guys at my local Gamestop and they were unaware of any physical cards with a promotional pet coming out.

• 3 weeks later...