New Hardmode Tuning vs PUG

Exactly - for example the new 66 juggernaut set is rubbish, if you don't kick out alacrity/accuracy/absorption stuff. Once you itemise it, and make sure your stats are correct with what theorycrafters tell, you beat the old gear by lot.

All the new sets you can get for comms are bad (at least for the juggernaut tank), the good mods/enhancements are on the parts you get from the tokens

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me fix this for u

niejestem elitom graczy ale zrobilem duzo fp z grup findera niewiem dlaczego ludzie nazekajom one som latwe trzeba tylko sie nauczyc grac swojom klasom i taktyk na bossa

haws that u *********** ***** english is not my native lengue so go **** youre sellf before u criticise others maby ask for a reson

your polish isn't very good either ;) (that was a joke)

but yeah, they are easy unless you are really bad. he just didn't had any facts behind him so attacked you personally.

relax

Edited by Atramar

Are the hardmodes difficult...yes and no. Yes in that people with the mentality of steamrolling them with no CC and tanks aoe tanking everything. No in that if you slow down a bit, CC some trash and use a kill order that is logical then no they aren't.

We aren't in top line BiS rolling lvl 50 stuff anymore. We are in lower statted gear now. Plain and simple. Imagine this as if we were back doing HM Foundry with blues.

i skipped 66 on all my toons so far (except for some defense enhancements for my jugg which I crafted)

I was in 61, so it was large step forward, besides, I only do HM FPs, and when it comes to OPS, I do maybe one a month, so it would take ages to get 69 gear. 66 is enough for all those 55 HMs. To each its own :D

New HM's are not tuned to pugs, and I agree.

3-4 wipes and guess what? You are out nearly 100K in repair costs. This isn't sustainable, especially with crap credit gains from warzones, space missions, and FP's.

Pugs find the HM's difficult, and there is clearly a gap in gear progression..

What do I mean gap?

Well for me, augmented 146 armor in MOST CASES is better than the 156 basic comm gear. So it looks like I am a 146 geared tank, when in reality my stats surpass the 156 basic comm gear. That's a gear gap that isn't acceptable. Why would I choose gloves at 156 that grant 12 more armor, but I lose 54 shield, and gain 47 accuracy? That's simply idiotic the 156 tanking armor is poorer quality than the 146 stuff..

So what happens is there is a BIIIIIIIIIIG gear gap between 146 and 160's, that leaves pugs in the dust, especially if the pugs aren't able to get into guild operations and at least grab some gear.

I get the impression this game isn't well thought out, and lacks good production values, and direction.

I have fully augmented 162 gear in every slot possible and my repair cost is somewhere between 6k and 15k per repair. So you are exaggerating there by a lot. I got all that 162 by running 55 HM FPs with pretty mediocre 150 gear. Also, the optional boss and final boss of the 55 HM FPs drop 162 gear and that is the point of doing them. You can use basic comms to get gear that will make 55 HM FPs easier. You're also wrong about your 146 gear being better than 156, regarless of what you might think, so more power to you learning that the hard way when you try to take on some of the real challenges in SWTOR. Why you chose to spend credits augmenting 146 gear is a mystery to me, it's totally unnecessary because you should be spending that money on your 162 pieces. That way you can run hard mode level 55 Ops.

I'm guessing that the reason it's so easy to gear up to 162 is to give returning players coming back to the game after a break a chance to gear up for Ops as quickly as possible. It looks to me like you just lack the ability to work with your PUGs to take the 55 HM FP content seriously and do what's necessary with CCs and kill order. Not everyone suffers from this problem.

I have fully augmented 162 gear in every slot possible and my repair cost is somewhere between 6k and 15k per repair. So you are exaggerating there by a lot. I got all that 162 by running 55 HM FPs with pretty mediocre 150 gear. Also, the optional boss and final boss of the 55 HM FPs drop 162 gear and that is the point of doing them. You can use basic comms to get gear that will make 55 HM FPs easier. You're also wrong about your 146 gear being better than 156, regarless of what you might think, so more power to you learning that the hard way when you try to take on some of the real challenges in SWTOR. Why you chose to spend credits augmenting 146 gear is a mystery to me, it's totally unnecessary because you should be spending that money on your 162 pieces. That way you can run hard mode level 55 Ops.

I'm guessing that the reason it's so easy to gear up to 162 is to give returning players coming back to the game after a break a chance to gear up for Ops as quickly as possible. It looks to me like you just lack the ability to work with your PUGs to take the 55 HM FP content seriously and do what's necessary with CCs and kill order. Not everyone suffers from this problem.

I agree with your post for the most part. Three things I wanted to chime in on.

1) N/M - I caught my own mistake, 146 = Black Hole, I thought 146 was Dread Guard from memory. Yeah, not sure why someone would invest in 146 unless it is all they had access too at the time.

2) It some cases, keeping the 61/63 armorings for the 2 or 4 set bonus are better than replacing them with 69 armorings that have no bonus. Right now, I have not had a lot of luck getting an Arkanian pieces, despite running 3 full clears of SM ops so far. So, until I get some some armoring's with the bonus, I believe the 61/63 armorings are best. In the end, you lose a total of 52 (4x13) mainstat if you continue to use 4 L61 armorings over the L69 ones. However, you will also lose a bit of endurance and a slight drop in armor, which, for a DPS class, shouldn't really be much of a concern.

3) Mainhand and Offhand's are especially important, because they typically provide the single largest upgrade due to the stats increase themselves along with the tech/force power rating increase. You basically get 'double the effect' when you upgrade those items. They are normally the first items that should be upgraded for a DPS and a healer, in my opinion.

As far as difficulty of the new L55 Hard Modes - I already posted about that in this thread. I think they are just fine and I wish they would make them even more difficult.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

I've been running HM's since release in mostly 63's with a few pieces of newer gear. I have yet to spend more than an hour trying to clear any of the HMs. I was expecting them to be hard, but they are incredibly easy. In the PUG groups I've been in, we're done more HM's than not without a wipe. Please do not nerf these, they are already way too easy. Very disappointing.

Agree.

@ OP - "decently geared" does not mean 61s.

I wouldn't mind if they get rid of some of the gimmick trash pulls, like the 5 droids that all do a charged burst for 5K at the same time on you in Athiss, or the 2 turrets in Mandolorian Raiders (well no real gimmick here, they just hit insanely hard).

I like to wakeboard and snowboard for fun on the weekends and I demand the Olympics make it easier for me to enter and win a gold medal! see how stupid that sounds?

If they are too hard for you then you need practice and/or do some research on your class, if they are still too hard for you then be happy with the gear you've earned from doing the content you can handle and keep working on improving.

And as for the subject of whether or not they are tuned to pugs or not, they are fine if you are geared for it, the problem comes from biowares idiotic carebear policy of no gear requirements that the idiots who think you can do any content with any gear "if youre skilled enough" have always pushed for.

Edited by Mallorik

And when a tank is nearly 3 shotted by trash mobs ( and being decently geared ) there is something wrong. Challenging I understand, but insanely hard is another. Most people will not queue for these new hardmode's because of so many factors.

Are you tanking naked? I've had time during hardmode flashpoints to refresh Kolto Probe, cast Kolto Infusion, and walk away during a pull for about ten seconds to change my air conditioner. Seriously, they aren't that hard.