Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

Mikeydecoy

Forcing someone to run heroics for even a chance of getting one to make Rakata reusables, and then having to get 2 more if you want the "set", is absurd.

Either make it not BoP so I can buy them, or make a way to obtain it via PvP.

I'm not looking to hear if any diehard carebear tells me that my idea is bad for x reason, because it doesn't pertain to you and you should have no say in it. I'm also not looking to hear "TOR is a story driven PvE game with a PvP minigame" because I don't care and it doesn't matter how you play the game, it matters at least in the business sense that Bioware can accommodate the 2 biggest customers who the game is advertised for, PvEers and PvPers.

There is no reason to limit it to PvE because frankly you should realize not everyone wants to PvE. And don't tell me that whether you agree it should be more available I should do it anyway. I'm not sinking time without a guarantee of getting one, having to form a group and run through the instance in PvP gear and a PvP spec.

I've had a plethora of complaints about the game but I'm not one to cry about things or ragequit, clearly I am still playing. In spite of the fact that my AoE stun doesn't function, all my gear is stacked with useless accuracy, and Surge got nerfed, I still can enjoy the game.

But adding on top the fact that neckbeards who can and want to devote enough time for and enjoy PvE on top of PvP should get a boost in PvP simply because they can get a use out of their Crew Skill, which should inherently be usable by anyone who has it maxed, is downright terrible.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a plethora of complaints about the game but I'm not one to cry about things .

Really? Your entire post is a cry about not wanting to do PvE but still wanting the instance and raid drop to craft. Sorry, you'll have to leave the fleet. It's ok, it's not that bad out there.

Really? Your entire post is a cry about not wanting to do PvE but still wanting the instance and raid drop to craft. Sorry, you'll have to leave the fleet. It's ok, it's not that bad out there.

I'm with the OP. Some people don't LIKE to do PVE. Can I? Yes, but with the ridiculously long FP's in this game I'm not the slightest bit interested. And I shouldn't be gimped in PVP because other's there play PVE and get stuff not available to PVP.

If you can't get the PVE mats from PVP, give us a similar/equivalent version from PVP. Say... Battlemaster Might Stim?

Edit: Idea, let the BCA mat be a rare drop from BM Bags? That makes it still not "easy mode" to pick up but gives PVPers a shot at getting it as well as PVEers.

Edited by Yamirashi

I'm with the OP. Some people don't LIKE to do PVE. Can I? Yes, but with the ridiculously long FP's in this game I'm not the slightest bit interested. And I shouldn't be gimped in PVP because other's there play PVE and get stuff not available to PVP.

If you can't get the PVE mats from PVP, give us a similar/equivalent version from PVP. Say... Battlemaster Might Stim?

Edit: Idea, let the BCA mat be a rare drop from BM Bags? That makes it still not "easy mode" to pick up but gives PVPers a shot at getting it as well as PVEers.

FINE If you want PvE gear from PvP than I want PvP gear from PvE. Why should I get pummelled by BMs over and over again to get my PvP gear?? You think that's fun? Give me a way to get the best PvP gear without having to PvP.

or are you a hypocrit... *squint*

Forcing someone to level all the way to 50 before they can be a level 50 is also retarded? same logic.

Things arent handed to you

He isn't asking for anything to be handed to him, He's asking for another way to obtain it. He doesn't like doing PvE, He wants to get BCA another way other than to go find a group, do a flashpoint then roll for the item.

Let's switch the scenario, If the BCA dropped from champion bags. Would that be fun for you?.. (Assuming you are a PvE player). And if you asked for another way to obtain the BCA other than having to grind PvP matches, Would you like being called a noob that wants the game to hand stuff out to him?

FINE If you want PvE gear from PvP than I want PvP gear from PvE. Why should I get pummelled by BMs over and over again to get my PvP gear?? You think that's fun? Give me a way to get the best PvP gear without having to PvP.

He didn't say that, He said that there should be a way for PvP'ers to get BCA without having to PvE. I dont know where you got the gear from..

He isn't asking for anything to be handed to him, He's asking for another way to obtain it. He doesn't like doing PvE, He wants to get BCA another way other than to go find a group, do a flashpoint then roll for the item.

Let's switch the scenario, If the BCA dropped from champion bags. Would that be fun for you?.. (Assuming you are a PvE player). And if you asked for another way to obtain the BCA other than having to grind PvP matches, Would you like being called a noob that wants the game to hand stuff out to him?

This, thank you.

I never said I wanted something handed to me, I never said I wanted an easier way to do something. I'm just saying Stims and Adrenals are useful in PVP as well. Do I have to have a Rakata version? No, Rakata is the PVE stuff, I know that. But PVP guys need something for 50 WZ's too and the level 48 stuff doesn't compare to the Rakata or Exotech either one, for good reason. But we get lvl 50 gear progression from PVP and we should also have SOME way of obtaining craftable and reusable consumables from the PVP game as well.

Rakata Stims are already Biochem only, why limit it to PVE only as well? Just seems overly restrictive. Change the Rakata name and give us a way to get the mats from PVP or just give us another set of craftables and make the mats only be obtained from PVP.

And I don't really care who has the PVP gear to be honest. The easier it is for everyone to be in equal gear the easier it is to have skill mean something in PVP, which I for one am by no means against.

Edit: I worded stuff funny.

Edited by Yamirashi

i have no problem with materials being BOP, i do think that all of the schematics should allow you to make BOE gear though... having almost everything (read: all but wrists/belt) being bind on pickup is pretty rediculous.

if you want to craft the best stuff you should have to work for it. but you should also be able to sell it.

well since they nerfed the rakatas so you can get the same crap from the GTM that dont need BCA to make, , you dont need BCA anyway, problem solved :D:D:D:D:D:D

Which ones? If I can get equivalent items (stats AND reusable) then that works just fine for me. I could care less if its Rakata or whatever.

i have no problem with materials being BOP, i do think that all of the schematics should allow you to make BOE gear though... having almost everything (read: all but wrists/belt) being bind on pickup is pretty rediculous.

if you want to craft the best stuff you should have to work for it. but you should also be able to sell it.

BOP mats weren't my issue so much as the only place to 'P' them being in PVE environment.

BOP mats weren't my issue so much as the only place to 'P' them being in PVE environment.

This is my point. They can remain BoP if there is a more PvP oriented way of earning them. Or alternatively, remove the BoP so they can be sold/traded, but that isn't the only necessary option which may make my thread title a bit misleading.

dont worry, im sure enough crying on the forums will eventually make everything in this game boe and have no requirements to use it so we can all go outfit on the gtm and not waste time leveling a proff.

Just out of curiosity though, has anyone who replied to this actually been a biochem?

Exotech - 535 for 15 seconds

Rakata - 565 for 15 second

Anyone else think the developers have a better use for their time?

If your hardcore enough for 5% your hardcore enough to run a FP a couple times in your life.

All making the crafting material BOE will do is break the prof. A reasonable compromise is to make them available from the vendors to buy with an equivalent amount of pvp tokens/points that you would earn from potentially running 4 FP.

Edited by Tattersalad

There is no reason to limit it to PvE because frankly you should realize not everyone wants to PvE. And don't tell me that whether you agree it should be more available I should do it anyway. I'm not sinking time without a guarantee of getting one, having to form a group and run through the instance in PvP gear and a PvP spec.

But adding on top the fact that neckbeards who can and want to devote enough time for and enjoy PvE on top of PvP should get a boost in PvP simply because they can get a use out of their Crew Skill, which should inherently be usable by anyone who has it maxed, is downright terrible.

Pretty much just saying "I only want to play part of the game but I want the same rewards of those that play the whole game"

Hey if you can't be bothered with "carebear" pve content then I guess you don't get "carebear" cookies.

I am sorry if my response doesn't reflect your special place in the universe where you do only what you want but expect the same rewards as those that do what they need to

BTW PVP is a minigame within the overall MMORPG experience. I sincerely hope that someone comes up with a decent pvp centric MMO. Not that I would really choose to play it but it would give you guys a game to play that you can enjoy. That just might leave those of us that enjoy a full game experience to do just that without every patch being a pve nerf in the name of the almighty pvp balance

dont worry, im sure enough crying on the forums will eventually make everything in this game boe and have no requirements to use it so we can all go outfit on the gtm and not waste time leveling a proff.

Just out of curiosity though, has anyone who replied to this actually been a biochem?

Exotech - 535 for 15 seconds

Rakata - 565 for 15 second

Anyone else think the developers have a better use for their time than hand holding lazy crybabies?

Again, how is this being lazy? I'm not trying to argue the fine points of PvE vs PvP, I don't want to make anyone upset because PvE is their preferred form of play, but to say that performing well in PvP is being "lazier" than doing a mindnumbing time sink of a Heroic which even non-avid PvEers say is easy is a really ignorant statement.

I just don't want to dedicate the time to PvE when I don't have the spec for it, the gear for it, and simply do not enjoy it.

I just don't want to dedicate the time to PvE when I don't have the spec for it, the gear for it, and simply do not enjoy it.

Then don't. If there is a bioware employee holding a gun to your head making you run pve content, then I am on your side. Otherwise don't do pve, just don't complain that you aren't getting the pve rewards. It really is that simple.

Never said you were lazy, just that you come across as someone that expects full compensation for half a job is all.

Ok, stop accusing everyone else of wanting everyone else's cookies and rewards... Here's the underlying problem.

At the current time, there are equivalent rewards for PVP and PVE gear. Are some slightly better from one than the other? Yes. Not really a problem. You PVP = you get good PVP gear. You PVE = you get good PVE gear. I think some people theorycraft a mixture of both gear gives the best results, don't care, that's fine. Doing both making you marginally better at both is okay. Doing both to make you marginally better at only one or the other, not so great.

However, there are NO level 50 Stims that I can craft for myself from leveling Biochem to 400 without doing PVE content. Not a single one. The closest I can get is to R/E a lvl 48 until I get a blue one, then R/E the blue one till I get a reusable purple.

I'm not asking for PVE rewards from PVP or vice versa, I'm asking for SOME reward from PVP in this area (Reusable Stims). Right now Rakata use PVE only mats and Exotech use PVE dropped schematics. So as wtih the earlier illustration, You PVE = you get two options for lvl 50 reusable Stims. You PVP = you get nothing.

Ask yourself this, if the only way to get the lvl 50 reusable stims were from PVP, would the PVE only crowd not be complaining?

just that you come across as someone that expects full compensation for half a job is all.

PVE players can get EVERYTHING they want to excel at PVE without ever touching PVP. No one can come in and do only PVP and then step in with better gear than someone who has put the same amount of time in PVE.

PVP cannot say the same. We get the gear, but the consumables are missing. Its not that we only want to do half the job, its that we don't want to do the OTHER job just to keep up.

Again how would the PVE only crowd like it if the only way to get these things were Battlemaster Bag drops? Then they would not only have to gear up for lvl 50 PVP but continue doing so until they achieved BM and then continue doing so until the RNG gods smiled upon them. This is the same situation for the PVP crowd now. We would have to gear up for PVE because PVP gear is not the best for PVE. Then we would have to find groups to do the content, beat the content, and hope that we win the roll in order to get the mats.

If the rolls were reversed the PVE crowd would feel just as cheated as the PVP crowd does now. The problem is we refuse to look at the game from any perspective but our own.

man, it's like this.. in games you make choices, those choices affect the outcome of your game play.. wether its to go pvp or pve based, or which craft skills you choose, which class/char/talent tree you choose.. you cant have everything, all of the time

if you ONLY want to PVP then you have to take the limitations that go with it.. you can easily make the purple stims without having to PVE at all which are only a smallest fraction worse than the rakata and if it bothers you that much, buy the exotech or whatever they are called from the GTM which are better

or if u are really troubled, the time you have spent on this forum, you could have done black talon a couple of times for the crystal alloy.. Talon takes 30 mins or so, and its easy a child could do it, and since you are an avid pvp i assume you have very nice pvp gear which is quite suitable for Pve since pvp gear is better than pve gear (until columi)

and for the record im an avid pvp'er, i hardly ever pve :rolleyes:

and to compare a pve guy having to reach battlemaster rank to get his gear (which takes weeks unless u never sleep and play Wz'd 24 hours a day) compared to you who could run black talon in 20-30 mins and get the item you are moaning about. no comparison really is there

Edited by Elrenia

man, it's like this.. in games you make choices, those choices affect the outcome of your game play.. wether its to go pvp or pve based, or which craft skills you choose, which class/char/talent tree you choose.. you cant have everything, all of the time

if you ONLY want to PVP then you have to take the limitations that go with it.. you can easily make the purple stims without having to PVE at all which are only a smallest fraction worse than the rakata and if it bothers you that much, buy the exotech or whatever they are called from the GTM which are better

or if u are really troubled, the time you have spent on this forum, you could have done black talon a couple of times for the crystal alloy.. Talon takes 20 mins or so, and its easy a child could do it, and since you are an avid pvp i assume you have very nice pvp gear which is quite suitable for Pve since pvp gear is better than pve gear (until columi)

and for the record im an avid pvp'er, i hardly ever pve :rolleyes:

But when is there a limitation to the PVE crowd that make them have to PVP for something? OTHER than simply gear to PVP with. When is there something from PVP that the top raiders who like to min-max say "Dang, I have to go PVP for a while to get this?"

I don't mind the concept of PVP only can't have everything if PVE only can't have everything as well. Tired of being the red-headed-step-child. No offense to red-headed-step-children...

If I don't have to PVE to get the exotech stuff that's fine. I was unaware this was the case. However it still makes Biochem rather useless for someone who PVP's if even after leveling it to 400 I have to just go buy something someone else made to get equivalent stuff.