Kira or Lana

KelKrios

I romanced Kira on my JK playthrough. She's lots of fun, and adds a bit of spice to the seemingly bland Jedi beliefs. Also, her background is fascinating to me. That being said, I prefer Lana.

As it stands, Lana is essentially the only f/f romance that exists in TOR. This is a big reason for me to prefer her; I play both female and male characters, but my main is female (who likes females, surprise!). Despite the fact that we don't have a lot of background information on Lana, I do like her unique personality; as many have noted, she's not like the other Sith. She works well with my LS female SW.

I've heard that Anri and Tau might become romance options, notably for females as well. It's interesting, but I doubt they'll be as fleshed out as Lana.

I romanced Kira on my JK playthrough. She's lots of fun, and adds a bit of spice to the seemingly bland Jedi beliefs. Also, her background is fascinating to me. That being said, I prefer Lana.

As it stands, Lana is essentially the only f/f romance that exists in TOR. This is a big reason for me to prefer her; I play both female and male characters, but my main is female (who likes females, surprise!). Despite the fact that we don't have a lot of background information on Lana, I do like her unique personality; as many have noted, she's not like the other Sith. She works well with my LS female SW.

I've heard that Anri and Tau might become romance options, notably for females as well. It's interesting, but I doubt they'll be as fleshed out as Lana.

Actually, Nadia and Jaesa (LS Jaesa, not sure about DS) are available F/F options for the Consular and Warrior, respectively.

• 3 weeks later...
Threads like this will always be conjecture since no new serious content will ever be released for the majority of the companions. Reason being, the voice actor's strike that saw most of them refusing to work with publishers like EA and by default, bioware. Heck, even the agreement that was finally made back in 2017 by SAG-AFTRA's board hasn't really done much to change anything. Most of those same voice actors have switched what companies they work with. I know many of them started working for blizzard on world of warcraft a few years ago. Doubtful any of them will come back to bioware long term until publishers like EA pulls their head out of their butt and starts paying them what they're worth. As it stands though, Kira was definitely the best romance option in this game people still want a conclusion with of sorts after the events of kotfe/kotet. At the most, we'll see her return like every other companion with minor content and then the character will go back to being a brick as someone already mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just now found this: (sorry)

Kira: for JK unquestionably

Lana: for Trooper and Smuggler .. unquestionably much better in so many ways !

If i were to indulge that far with companions... I would prefer a 3rd option for Smuggler and Trooper. (Maybe).

But I also agree that Lana has 10 times the part / lines and cut scene interactions compared to that of Kira. I'd like to see Kira take that sort of role in the future.

I would also like to see one other companion take the forefront in much the same way Lana has.

I also agree that it would be disappointing if we see only a 1 to 2 minute reunion with Kira then returning to the "brick" status (as some stated early on in this thread) that most others have lately.

Edited by OlBuzzard

Actually, Nadia and Jaesa (LS Jaesa, not sure about DS) are available F/F options for the Consular and Warrior, respectively.

Two romances that are considerably less fleshed out than Lana, let alone any of the other vanilla romances. Not to mention all the other issues people have mentioned with romancing these two, the whole master-student relationship and such.

So yes, while they are technically available F/F options, these options only become available post KOTFE/ET and are barely explored. The options for F/F are limited in number and quality. Lana surpasses both by far.

• 2 weeks later...
Kira Carsen ftw! As someone who mains a JK I find it an especially mind boggling error that Kira along with other Darth Vitiate relevant characters never returned in either KOTFE or KOTET. It would have been fun to watch her butt heads with Lana while Senya tried to keep them from tearing each other apart, and Theron and Koth made bets from the sidelines.:p

Maybe not if you play a Jedi Knight who never changes. The entire 1-50 story takes place over the course of three years, you could play a Jedi who was anti romance during the main story, but over the course of the expansions, he/she started to interpret the jedi code differently, began seeing things differently. And the person that actually makes you feel something romantic, is the most unlikely person

This is literally how I played it on my first ever char. I went into the game not even knowing there was romance options. At first I was intending to play my Knight whiter than white so I shunned Kira. But she soon grew on me and I locked the romance in at the final opportunity. Keep in mind as it was my first ever play through I was doing ALL missions, class, planet and all yellow missions, even explorations. So it was a long time between those romance cut scenes, and a lot of what won me over about Kira was her comments in mission cut scenes and her approval disapprovals. So there truly was a natural growth from "no romances for Jedi" to " oh okay then, I can't resist you! lol

So yeah, Kira for me, Here's hoping they will do her return justice. I'm also in the camp that thinks it was absurd she wasn't front and centre to take down Valkorion.

• 2 weeks later...
As many others have said, it depends on my character. Some will stick with Lana, but I know two of my Jedi will be effected when Kira returns. One has stayed true to her despite her absence, and the other has fallen in with Lana, but secretly hopes for her true love's return.

• 1 year later...

I just broke down and quested all the way through on a Sent and Guardian and did them both. But if you have to choose one I dunno it's kind of difficult they're both good characters.

Edit: I thought of something funny while still thinking about this question, to me Kira is like your high school gf and then Lana comes along shes a cougar hard to choose.

Edited by Bxvx

Ya the Marauder was the one I actually romanced Lana for real, I dunno in my mind it seemed like former (new) empires wrath would mesh well with her. But really anyone can just however you want to do it.