Why the different treatment?

Einobi

I just realized that the seat (not in the cockpit area) in imperial agent personal starship are interact-able such that the char can sit on the chair when clicked. But in other starship of other classes, the chair are non-interact-able.

So it is not a case of technical hurdle in implementing interact-able seat in starship, so why the different treatment to give it to some classes and not others?

BTW, if you are gonna fixed the seat in other classes starship, can you also make the bed interact-able? I had paid good cc for an interact-able bed. Pls.

I can sit in every republic star ship, there is always one chair you can click on.

BTW, if you are gonna fixed the seat in other classes starship, can you also make the bed interact-able? I had paid good cc for an interact-able bed. Pls.

I must have missed the cartel market offer of interactive bed, can I get waterbed for my toons?

I have never thought of looking for a sitting location outside of the cockpit. I can not think of a reason why I would. I have never seen any description that such feature is available and it would make no difference anyway. When I read your post, it seemed to me that you have some good reason to ask for it, but I can not imagine what it could be. In this game player interaction with environment is highly limited. If you, for some reason, need more interaction you are out of luck.

/me waving hand

This isn't the game you're looking for :)

Btw, I am not entirely sure, but I believe trooper has some usable chairs outside of the cockpit. Also CC has some chairs for your convenience, thought I am not sure how they work on the ship.

I have never thought of looking for a sitting location outside of the cockpit. I can not think of a reason why I would. I have never seen any description that such feature is available and it would make no difference anyway. When I read your post, it seemed to me that you have some good reason to ask for it, but I can not imagine what it could be. In this game player interaction with environment is highly limited. If you, for some reason, need more interaction you are out of luck.

/me waving hand

This isn't the game you're looking for :)

Btw, I am not entirely sure, but I believe trooper has some usable chairs outside of the cockpit. Also CC has some chairs for your convenience, thought I am not sure how they work on the ship.

To me it sounds like you are in the wrong game if you discount the environment so much. Being able to sit in ships has been asked for many times by many players.

To me it sounds like you are in the wrong game if you discount the environment so much. Being able to sit in ships has been asked for many times by many players.

I think my observation was honest, what do you base your suggestion on? Any hints that this game respects your view in any, non satirical way?

Many is very relative term, let me give you an example, not many players have asked for this feature if it has not become part of this game.

I think my observation was honest, what do you base your suggestion on? Any hints that this game respects your view in any, non satirical way?

Many is very relative term, let me give you an example, not many players have asked for this feature if it has not become part of this game.

There was a multi-page thread on the new chair emotes before the released, and many people were discussing it in general. Some people like to get a little more immersed into the game. You're playing something where you pretend to be a character zooming all over the galaxy, yet you find other people's ideas and desires for the game laughable =p

The point is not about whether we are spending too much time inside our starship, or we are playing the wrong game if we want more environmental interactive. Each individual player will decide how they want to play (role play, just kill-and-loot, gear acquisition, socializing etc.). There is no right or wrong way to play. As long as each player enjoy what he is doing, its gaming fun, though it can be seen 'silly' by others, just like some people find it silly to see others role playing, pretending what they are not.

The core point of discussion is why some starships have it but not the others. Why the different treatment as titled? What is the logic behind it? Is it because different ships are designed by different people and there is no single point of quality control to ensure consistency of design?

The point is not about whether we are spending too much time inside our starship, or we are playing the wrong game if we want more environmental interactive. Each individual player will decide how they want to play (role play, just kill-and-loot, gear acquisition, socializing etc.). There is no right or wrong way to play. As long as each player enjoy what he is doing, its gaming fun, though it can be seen 'silly' by others, just like some people find it silly to see others role playing, pretending what they are not.

The core point of discussion is why some starships have it but not the others. Why the different treatment as titled? What is the logic behind it? Is it because different ships are designed by different people and there is no single point of quality control to ensure consistency of design?

Another consideration is the game's age. In WoW years it's barely old enough to shave. Anyone who believes that a 2 year old should have and do what a 10 year old has and does hasn't made it past 2 yet.
Because this is not an MMO. It is a single player game that has a few elements of the MMORPG genera.

All the things that most MMO people want are just not here.

It's just a money grab using the Star Wars IP :mad:

Must not have ventured past the class stories - and even some of those are challenging for soloists. The player who boasts that they can solo the entire game level appropriate is selling something. This game is a full fledged MMO that just happens to be playable through the non-advanced areas in similar fashion to KOTOR. Edited by GalacticKegger

Because this is not an MMO. It is a single player game that has a few elements of the MMORPG genera.

All the things that most MMO people want are just not here.

So tell us, what do "most people" want in an MMO? Sittable chairs? Sure, but hardly necessary. Chat bubbles? No thanks. Housing? Waste of dev resources for the "gaming value" received." Mini-games like pazaak and sabbac? Couldn't care less. Swoop/pod racing? Again, waste of time IMO. Sandbox? If I wanted sandbox, I'd play sandbox.

Edited by branmakmuffin

There was a multi-page thread on the new chair emotes before the released, and many people were discussing it in general. Some people like to get a little more immersed into the game. You're playing something where you pretend to be a character zooming all over the galaxy, yet you find other people's ideas and desires for the game laughable =p

Not at all, I just point out that their desires are placed with wrong game. There is nothing you can interact with in this game, I am talking about what this game is, while other people are talking about what this game is not.

On the other note, I have checked ship of Jedi Consular and there is no single chair outside of the cockpit.

Edited by ELRunninW

Yeah, for the RP'er.

*pulls his chair out of his pocket and takes a seat*

*looks around at all the gaping jaws*

"What? Can't a guy sit down from time to time?"

"Sure...but why are you carrying a chair in your pocket? And how does it fit in there? What is this, FF7?"

haha, wait...you're serious?

Sittable chairs has been sought by many people for a long, long time. In WoW, you can sit in chairs, and that is an MMO. In Skyrim, you can sit in chairs, and that is a single-player RPG.

What makes matters worse is the standard sitting animation. If you sit on a chair, half your body will float in the air as awkwardly as possible.

If you're on your ship longer than the time it takes to get onboard, run to the starmap, make a selection, and run back to the exit, you're doing it wrong.

Thank you for your opinion, mr. Achiever. People are different and have fun doing different things, you know.

Edited by Karkais

Sittable chairs has been sought by many people for a long, long time. In WoW, you can sit in chairs, and that is an MMO. In Skyrim, you can sit in chairs, and that is a single-player RPG.

What makes matters worse is the standard sitting animation. If you sit on a chair, half your body will float in the air as awkwardly as possible.

Yeah, the sitting animation and pose are quite horrid.

Not really. Had EAware stuck to their original word of our starships being our housing, then sitting in them would make sense. Since EAware lied simply to placate people and to get more hype before release, there is no purpose to ships other than "A to B".

How exactly did they break their word?