Orange (Moddable) Techblade, Any Leads?

Kithzyan

A fully moddable techblade drops of the last heroic of the belsavis bonus series level 44 i have 2 of them one i got off the GTN and the other i got from a drop, happy hunting.

Please don't post misinformation. This is completely untrue.

A.) The belsavis bonus series is lvl 50 only.

B.) The quest in question gives an option to choose a lvl 50 moddable version of every single companion's weapon EXCEPT for Techblade wielding characters. In which case their weapon is a lvl 50 blue unmoddable item.

It really irks me when people troll like this.

Edited by Khadroth

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It IS annoying but honestly it doesn't have much of a impact on the whole. I mean while you're leveling nearly every planet has one you can buy. As far as level capped content he is only used for dailys and/or gathering runs. Not to mention the fact that if you must have a moldable weapon now...there are quite a few other companions to chose from.

It IS annoying but honestly it doesn't have much of a impact on the whole. I mean while you're leveling nearly every planet has one you can buy. As far as level capped content he is only used for dailys and/or gathering runs. Not to mention the fact that if you must have a moldable weapon now...there are quite a few other companions to chose from.

That, and I retired Qyzen the second I got Tharan. Just jockey aggro with him and you're fine.

Healing specced sages have pretty decent dps anyways, I'm sure it takes me longer than a pure dps class to kill stuff (especially a gunner lol) but I don't really find myself roiling in frustration over my kill speed, and I pretty much can't die if I watch my pulls. (Which is a big 'if'. I still do die all the time, but it's always my fault when it happens.)

Edited by Onager

I think this is because until very late in beta Qyzen was using a Vibrosword. They didn't really seem to plan much for him, it was a bad match for a weapon, they switched him over to techblade and then never adjusted the game so they appear. Armature mistake and really hurts the Healing Sages where he's the only real viable pet.

• 3 weeks later...

That excuse doesn't hold water though since Tanno Vik uses a techblade too and I believe he's always been Aim based.

If this just affected Qyzen I could understand, but it affects Vik and other companions too, not sure on which others since I've only played a Sage and a Commando.

Relevant threads on this item:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=205107

Thread identifying armstech crafters by server (if your server doesn't have one listed, help us all out by finding one and posting their name!):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=175852

Also, see my signature for an example of how every other companion type BUT the aim-based ones using techblades can get a moddable weapon.

As far as I am aware, this issue applies not only to Qyzen, but also Tanno Vik (and their counterparts on the Empire side).

I have looked everywhere in the game and nothing yet. its easy to get the other companion orange weapons but the techblade hmmm that is hard. i wonder if it could be craftable item. but according to torhead we should have this somewhere http://www.torhead.com/item/77zLSYo

That Item is given by completing one of the dailies in Belsavis. The mission rewards are orange weapons for your companions, and a blue techblade for Qyzen.

The problem is Aim being Qyzen's main stat. They wanted to have Qyzen have a Trooper look rather than Jedi Knight look and then make him available as a melee tank. Barrels have the Aim or Cunning stats and therefore can't be put in a melee weapon such as the techblade. Hilts have Strength or Willpower which are near useless for Qyzen.

If you had a techblade you could mod it would have to use a strength hilt. They won't be putting in a mod type for one weapon for one companion. I don't see the big deal to begin with. I stopped using Qyzen as my tank the moment I got Iresso.

• 1 month later...
as a armstech i can make a oranges tech blade called the chopper but not 50 yet so i cant get the biometric

Ok, but don't tell us which server you're on, otherwise we'd be able to get in touch with you...

:)

Aye this thread isn't relevant until either 1.2 or someone identifies a modifiable techblade from the PTS.

Supposedly someone in the crafting forum posted that they saw a modifiable tech blade that uses aim barrels for hilts on the PTS. No post other than that, so take it for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Supposedly someone in the crafting forum posted that they saw a modifiable tech blade that uses aim barrels for hilts on the PTS. No post other than that, so take it for what it is.

That's correct -- Qyzen starts with a moddable techblade that has an Aim barrel on PTS.

• 2 weeks later...

Open Communications, the daily heroic on Belsavis in the Tomb area, now rewards an orange modifiable techblade. It comes default with blue level 49 mods in it, and an END based crystal.

Open Communications is also now a Heroic 2 (used to be 4)...and can be easily soloed as a healer sage (not sure how easy it is as a dps sage).

Edited by CalBears

Open Communications is also now a Heroic 2 (used to be 4)...and can be easily soloed as a healer sage (not sure how easy it is as a dps sage).

If it can be done by a healer Sage, it can be done by a dps Sage of any spec. Hell, these days, I'm even running Red Reaper as dps sage with Nadia, we plow through everything with nothing but Force Armor (except the bridge boss, which Nadia has to solo while I click crystals :D)

There are both a techblade and a techstaff on the Coruscant Commendation vendors. Jorelle on Fleet Station (don't know the name of the one on Coruscant). Level 15 req by default, but it's moddable. It's been on PTS for at least a week or two prior to 1.2 going live.

I just verified that it's still on PTS and then double checked that it's there on live (since my new sage is not 15 yet i have not purchased it, but i checked with a higher toon, and they're both there.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1418/orangetechblade.jpg

That's a screenshot from PTS, but as i said i verified that it's on Live, and identical. I was thrilled about it, as the oversight of an orange techblade in game has been something i've been perturbed about with Qyzen since beta myself.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Delvenar