Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

GalnarDegana

Alrighty y'all, let's get down to business, shall we?

First off, kudos to SamuelAU, my "opponent" in the race for this position. He is a top-notch guy, and I hope he participates freely in the discussion here, because I greatly value his opinion.

Okay, next on the agenda is making a list of questions so we can run a poll to see where people stand on these issues. Below is a link to the spreadsheet I will be keeping updated as we go along. Keep in mind that for the next week I am getting ready to defend my masters thesis, so if I don't update within 15 seconds of you posting, it isn't because I don't love you. :p After that, things will settle down, so no worries there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhRddbWeDqx2dGpWcWRsbEE5cGl0blFDTXBkZndLUEE&usp=sharing

A couple of quick things:

1. Check the spreadsheet to see if your question was already asked. If it was, reference it if you want to add additional info, so we can maybe get a question answered in a more specific way or something.

2. Depending on how many questions we get, it may not be possible to have all of them on a poll. If that is the case, I will be picking the best three or four questions per category and setting up a poll sometime in the future.

I look forward to hearing from y'all!

Geldarion

UPDATE 9/30 - As most of you have probably heard, the Class Rep system has been suspended until after Update 2.5 when class balance changes go through. See you all then!

UPDATE 9/2 - I forgot to put down when we are going to need to have this ready, which is Friday 9/27.

UPDATE 7/30 - Head over to http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665628 to start discussing the PvP questions! The Sniper Rep Paowee and I are coordinating the questions, since he is mainly PvE and I am mainly PvP.

Edited by GalnarDegana

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sniper PVP thread needs help / more votes :|

Our pve questions are kind of on topic about the following things:

1. engineering/saboteur and if it is intended (17-20% of its DPS comes from covered escape/hightail it)

2. the general intention behind all 3 specs

(kind of pvp)

3. our offensive cooldowns are too "passive"

Check out the rest of the stuff here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtS6aucNXnGndFNtdDN5UTJGLW9ZNGcydEFOUTR2aFE#gid=0

The PVP section could use more votes and discussion. The thread can be found here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6606473#post6606473

I have a basic question, I'd honestly like answered for every single class, especially for the pure DPS classes:

When BW does it's analysis of DPS and balance across all specs/trees, what is the spec and rotation used for Sharpshooter, Saboteur, and Dirty Fighting?

The most pressing Gunslinger issue by far, no doubt, is...

...when the fudge are we getting our 2nd A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler? C'mon now!

But in all seriousness:

It's really good that Snipers are going first, we can see the questions that they asked and also view their runner-up questions via their google docs sheet.

If it doesn't get picked, I really think the question regarding PVP vs PVE set bonuses should be addressed by the Gunslingers. BiS for PVE Slingers is to take the extra Orbital tick from the PVP set, and then stack for the 2pc PVE. Only spec that really *needs* the 4pc PVE is Dirty Fighting.

I will update the top post as well, but all PvPers should head over to this page

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665628

where we will be discussing PvP questions for the sniper class. Paowee and I are coordinating since he is mainly PvE and I am mainly PvP.

I hope you guys will do the opposite when considering Gunslinger questions. I'm a PvE exclusive player here and want to make sure our concerns get represented since our rep is apparently primarily PvP.

I hope you guys will do the opposite when considering Gunslinger questions. I'm a PvE exclusive player here and want to make sure our concerns get represented since our rep is apparently primarily PvP.

Absolutely! That is the plan. Plus, we have to ask one of each, plus a wildcard. Be sure to share those concerns of which you speak!

I think the 3rd wildcard question is very fitting. But it should be opened up a bit more to include why can't gunslingers get a 2nd pistol with the same model as Flashy or Torchy, so they can be duel wielded along with the A-300.

Those are the 3 single reward pistols that don't have a match for a duel wielding class.

When we start getting a little closer, and after we see the responses for the Sniper posts, I will start getting together the questions here and sticking them in the spreadsheet. My personal pick for the wildcard is the A-300 question, and I think expanding that is also a really good idea, but some people might not want us to have a simple cosmetic question in there (albeit one of the most asked and most ignored questions on the entire forums). We will put it to a vote!

All that to say, the Sniper questions are here and now, so go look at the threads! See links above!

Edited by GalnarDegana

The delay in Vital Shot is annoying. I'd like to see that finally fixed.

When rolling into natural cover, sometimes you just roll into place instead of your intended cover location.

Lower the diminishing returns for accuracy or increase the gains in the accuracy box in the sharpshooter tree.

When rolling into natural cover, sometimes you just roll into place instead of your intended cover location.

This was supposedly fixed quite a few patches ago but it still happens.

I'd taken to using crouch instead, but I'd really like to use the roll into cover. Natural cover gives a better damage reduction compared to the shield, I'm not sure if it is related to terrain but this is my biggest bugbear currently.

My personal pick for the wildcard is the A-300 question, and I think expanding that is also a really good idea, but some people might not want us to have a simple cosmetic question in there (albeit one of the most asked and most ignored questions on the entire forums).
The AC in such a good place at the moment that this (and the more general point of main/offhands that can't be matched) is the only thing I'd really like answered. I guess verticality in arenas is significant as well, but that won't be a live issue for a while. Edited by flem

I think the 3rd wildcard question is very fitting. But it should be opened up a bit more to include why can't gunslingers get a 2nd pistol with the same model as Flashy or Torchy, so they can be duel wielded along with the A-300.

Those are the 3 single reward pistols that don't have a match for a duel wielding class.

Fair enough :D

Edited by ScytheEleven

What I don't like is when Sharpshooter talents proc and then immediately disappear when rolling into natural cover. This has been a problem since launch, but there were about two months where I didn't notice it. It's an odd bug. But, while that, and the delay for Vital Shot would be great to get fixed, this isn't really a chance for us to make sure they hear our bug reports, it is a chance to ask questions lol. We don't want to waste it on bugs.

The AC in such a good place at the moment that this (and the more general point of main/offhands that can't be matched) is the only thing I'd really like answered. I guess verticality in arenas is significant as well, but that won't be a live issue for a while.

I agree with that we are in a good place, and this makes a great wildcard. It is a question asked more times than I can count, and we finally have a guaranteed answer lol. Also, verticality isn't always great in PvP. It is great when people are distracted, which happens in objective based games, and arenas aren't objective-based. Sometimes, being above everyone else causes LOS issues. The only real advantage is distance from melee, which granted, is nice, but it also has to be balanced for them as well. Also remember, with LOS issues, LOS only works when enemies can get away from you. If you are working together as a team, just because you root and they cleanse doesn't mean that your buddy doesn't use their root right after so you can blow your target up. We have to stop thinking about our classes' shortcomings and think about synergy with other classes. Plug the weaknesses.

Once they answer the sniper questions ill prob start posting here more for sure! Also the A-300 sounds like a wonderful question. Maybe add the color crystal part on guns like what we had in the sniper thread :D

Many gunslingers or tech uses in general don't feel as much presence of their color crystal as much as our force counter parts, would it be possible to add either add functionality to our potable cover screens to color according to our crystal (been brought up before) or add more blaster pistols to the game with visual effects that change based on color crystal?

My suggested question restated for gunslingers, in case you want to add it to your list and use it.

My submission for the Gunslinger question is about the PVE set bonus (tie with Engineering/Saboteur question..) It could be changed or elaborated to delve into the PVP set bonus as well.

Question: A lot of work has been done to shift the emphasis away from PvP grinding for the sake of PvE gearing with recent changes made to many relics. However, many Snipers and Gunslingers are still finding it far more advantageous to stack a 2 piece PvP set bonus along with their 2 piece PvE set bonus, largely because it is a flat out single target and AoE DPS increase. Are there any plans to (once again) rework any of the set bonuses with a future tier?

Original post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6599141&postcount=20

My submission for the Gunslinger question is about the PVE set bonus (tie with Engineering/Saboteur question..) It could be changed or elaborated to delve into the PVP set bonus as well.

Question: A lot of work has been done to shift the emphasis away from PvP grinding for the sake of PvE gearing with recent changes made to many relics. However, many Snipers and Gunslingers are still finding it far more advantageous to stack a 2 piece PvP set bonus along with their 2 piece PvE set bonus, largely because it is a flat out single target and AoE DPS increase. Are there any plans to (once again) rework any of the set bonuses with a future tier?

Original post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6599141&postcount=20

Thanks Paowee! Finally got around to trying to post this last night, and in the minute or so it took me to type up the forums went down for maintenance and it didn't go through. >.<

Anyway, we saw a lot of good response for this question over on the Sniper voting and it just barely didn't make the cut. Hoping to get the same response over here, assuming the answers we get for the Sniper questions don't bring up more pressing matters :p

Edited by Synavix

So, now that the sniper questions are over, let's get some more pvp questions this time in. My question is:

PvP: Dirty Fighting can right now do a lot of damage by a technique known as DoT spreading. It also can have some burst with Wounding Shots - Quickdraw, but in the spec burst is generally limited in favor of sustained DoT damage that can rack up a lot of dps. If played that way without burst (it can have some burst), it is somewhat irrelevant without many kills and turns out to be more of a support dps. Is this what you intended for Dirty Fighting in PvP, or do you want it to be a more bursty spec like Sharpshooter?

So, now that the sniper questions are over, let's get some more pvp questions this time in. My question is:

PvP: Dirty Fighting can right now do a lot of damage by a technique known as DoT spreading. It also can have some burst with Wounding Shots - Quickdraw, but in the spec burst is generally limited in favor of sustained DoT damage that can rack up a lot of dps. If played that way without burst (it can have some burst), it is somewhat irrelevant without many kills and turns out to be more of a support dps. Is this what you intended for Dirty Fighting in PvP, or do you want it to be a more bursty spec like Sharpshooter?

Added, I may rephrase to combine something, but for now, that is great, thanks!

Keep 'em comin'!

hey fellow gunslingers,

if we have skilled `stay low` and `heads up` as a sharpshooter we are suppossed to be immune to movement impairing effects and be 50% faster after using `hightail it` - thats buggy ! sometimes it works sometimes it doesn`t! or do i oversee something?

also, there is a delay after using vital shot. the shot doesn`t come as you press it - always a delay. anybody notice that or is it just me?

thanks in advance for your answers!