The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.

brandonspikes

I honestly don't feel where people think the jedi knight/sith warrior class is weak.

I have a level 30 jugg, 20 mercenary and 20 assassin and I honestly don't notice a difference in strength.

Maybe I'm amazing with the Juggernaut or terrible with the other two, but my jugg cuts through everything like butter. I'm vengeance spec and I can kill groups with barely losing health because my damage feels so amazing.

I understand abilities like death from above etc may make you feel weak in the AE department, but I just don't see how people can complain so much about the class..

I know for a fact Marauder is far stronger in DPS than Jugg and I've seen people in my guild that are level 50 rip apart things as a Marauder.

Can someone explain to me what exactly is the problem? I honestly don't see this huge disparity that people claim.

PVP burst has nothing to do with PVE. Warriors shine when you have healbots. but so does any melee.

Edited by brandonspikes

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost level 44. I posted a topic similar to this calling for some help from BW.

I don't WANT to use the healer companion just to level. I'm playing SW:TOR but leveling feels more like Ninja Gaiden Black. Perfect 100% executed chain of abilities or I die. BW said our choices should mean something. Not "if you don't choose the healer companion you can't cap out." as a choice.

I also love having to wait between most pulls so my CDs are ready.

On a side note, I have a close level Sorc and Powertech in my guild and they swat everything in front of them with no effort.

That's fair right?

Also I do tons of pvp and we are relatively okay there. But pvp is pretty much a buggy and un-functional CC fest. CC > Class Balance.

I'm almost level 44. I posted a topic similar to this calling for some help from BW.

I don't WANT to use the healer companion just to level. I'm playing SW:TOR but leveling feels more like Ninja Gaiden Black. Perfect 100% executed chain of abilities or I die. BW said our choices should mean something. Not "if you don't choose the healer companion you can't cap out." as a choice.

I also love having to wait between most pulls so my CDs are ready.

On a side note, I have a close level Sorc and Powertech in my guild and they swat everything in front of them with no effort.

That's fair right?

Also I do tons of pvp and we are relatively okay there. But pvp is pretty much a buggy and un-functional CC fest. CC > Class Balance.

Thats exactly my point, Ive been telling my friend that I had to use quinn post 40, then I come on the forums, and EVERYTHING I've been talking about is pretty much what every else is.

That has nothing to do with what I posted.

I still don't understand where all the whining about JK/SW comes from.

Bounty Hunters take out full groups in 1-2 aoe abilities. I take out a single target with about 2-3 abilities. Now tell me how that works would ya?

Also I am very well geared. I was capped Synthweave at level 38 as well as my gathering skills. So my gear is constantly up to date and all blues and purples. A BH in greens can deal with full groups where as I struggle in the best gear available. Hmmmm....

Bounty Hunters take out full groups in 1-2 aoe abilities. I take out a single target with about 2-3 abilities. Now tell me how that works would ya?

Also I am very well geared. I was capped Synthweave at level 38 as well as my gathering skills. So my gear is constantly up to date and all blues and purples. A BH in greens can deal with full groups where as I struggle in the best gear available. Hmmmm....

Death from above has a 1min cd. They aren't doing that very often.

I play a Jugg, I'm in green quest gear and I rip through packs of mobs easily. It's not like I'm almost dying every time I engage in combat.

I dunno man, I just don't buy this whole Jugg sucks. We may be weaker, but it's NOWHERE near the cries on these forums.

While I do believe Juggernaut Tanks could use a few buffs in terms of AoE threat generation, and maybe a little bit survivability, I had no issues questing on Ilum except for one pack of mobs that had two Strong healers. While I do agree other classes have an easier time of it, I always attributed it to them simply being designed to kill as opposed to us being designed to be beat on. I use Jaesa fairly often as well on Ilum, but granted I need to pay attention in order to not die.

Basically, while a buff would be nice, I'm not certain it's absolutely necessary at this point.

EDIT: Changed a few typos, getting sleepy.

Edited by Kappus

I didn't try playing a SW yet, but my JK (Sentinel) became pretty much unplayable solo in PVE around level 25.

Medium armor + melee + no self healing + no good cc + no healing companion = fail.

In PVP i felt good, fast death if i get caught in the zerg, but if i get someone healing me (or the enemies not paying attention) i could take out their squishies in seconds.

For now i just stopped playing him (having him on one of the most overpoped EU servers kinda helped that decision, lol) and rolled an IA, which feels 20x better.

They do need a serious buff in PVE, but in some way that wouldn't break PVP.

Death from above has a 1min cd. They aren't doing that very often.

I play a Jugg, I'm in green quest gear and I rip through packs of mobs easily. It's not like I'm almost dying every time I engage in combat.

I dunno man, I just don't buy this whole Jugg sucks. We may be weaker, but it's NOWHERE near the cries on these forums.

get past lvl 10, then come back

I find it hard to believe Juggernauts are as bad as many claim. I've ran heroic FPs and PvPd a lot with a guildie tank specd Jugg and he seems to do fine in both. Maybe some of you Juggs don't realize this, but you aren't supposed to "destroy" heroic 2 quests or gold+silvers without some cds/cc's, or even a healer companion.

My operative is level 50. If you think your jugg is weak you should try operative before level 36(when op gets hidden strike). I find it hard to believe jugg is as bad as some of you claim but I guess I'll find out soon as jugg is my first alt :)

Edited by Jooji

im 37 and i jump into packs of mobs and destroy

i think people are failing to kill weaks before strongs...

and my agent feels WAY weaker than my sith war

mercs need a nerf because they are broken heavy armor with heals

level 37 has nothing to do with endgame, as my main post is about.

I'm only level 22 on my Guardian, and I'm already starting to feel like I'm getting weaker. On Courscant I could solo elites with impunity, but on Nar Shadaa I'm almost dead by the time the fight is over. Strong mobs bring me down to ~70%, which isn't dire, but as a tank I'd like to think I could finish a fight with a decent amount of health left.

I really don't want to reroll, but I also don't want to get to 50 and find out that I have to reroll.

I like my jugg in PvP but I HATE him in PvE.

I rolled a Merc first up to 35 and I love him. Then decided to start working on my tank guy and got a jug up to 24.. I stopped questing and did flashpoints to level so I could go back into GREY mobs and do my quests.

With my merc I hardly ever died and constantly had Mako (heal pet) out gathering mats. With my jug... no way I can send my companion out gathering mats while I quest lol. Hell i die enough with my companion, and there is nothing like seeing my companion kill a mob as fast as I can rofl.

Juggs are broken period. I didn't listen to all this and thought "bleh they donno what they are talking about" well.... I guess I am going to have two BH toons... one a tank and the other a merc.

I'm not crying for Juggs to be uber buffed. Just enough so I don't need to wait on CDs so I can kill the gold mobs one after another in my CLASS quests.

Side/area quests I don't care so much about. But having to over level content magically to progress with the game seems completely silly to me.

I'll surely be cap by the time they fix it. I suppose on the bright side, I could be one of the best players on my server due to this insane under-tuning.

Comparing BH to SW in the lower to mid 40's, I can definitely say that the BH kills standard mobs faster. The cc abilities are of course the reason why. But things change when you get to strong and elite mobs. Those cc abilities just aren't very useful vs. multiple strong/elites. And in those situations I think the SW has a higher survivability factor. So I don't see it as being completely unbalanced.

I healed a flashpoint earlier and we had a vanguard main tank and a guardian off tanking. Both were correctly specced. The Offtank tank specced guardian was incredibly squishy and he wasn't even taking the full brunt of the onslaught.

Both SW and JK need a huge buff and have needed one since beta. Why bioware continues to ignore this is beyond me.

THIS CLASS FEELS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER. Weeeewwwehhheh got a new light saber my damage isn't so terrible that i'm hating my life, 1 level later my damage is terrible wtffffffffff.

Vette desperately needs some sort of out of combat quick heal for me and her so that I don't have to freaking self heal after every pack of mobs.

Just one of the reasons why we need DPS meters already... This would be so much more constructive a discussion with some actual numbers instead of just "it feels like..."

Also leveling is never balanced in any MMO. Even WoW is ridiculously unbalanced when it comes to solo PvE and low level PvP.

Edited by Covalent

Just one of the reasons we need DPS meters already... This would be so much more constructive a discussion with some actual numbers instead of just "it feels like..."

Also leveling is never balanced in any MMO. Even WoW is ridiculously unbalanced when it comes to solo PvE and low level PvP.

It doesn't take a spread sheet to deceipher that the class is hideously underpowered.

The game gets worst at post 40, you are forced to use a healing companion.

Yeah... no. I played a jugg to 50 only using Vette, never even tried the other 5 companions, and it was a f*ckin cakewalk. I think you are doing something wrong.

At level 26, I have similar problems on my Sentinel. While I can take down mobs just fine, I found myself slackjawed at how fast a trooper friend of mine did it; where I take ages to kill mobs one by one, he simply used max two abilities to instantly decimate them. It's rather ridiculous, actually. I think he was a level lower than me too, but I can't quite remember. Edited by DarthAthanos

I agree pvp is a joke we do no damage i see many classes laughing as i release all my focuse and dont even get them halfway. and pve is worse.

Huh? I'm always in top 3 damage in warzones as a level 30 vengeance Jugg. The only classes that usually beat me are sorcerer's.