Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Hi all,

Firstly, a big thank you to all the pioneers who are trying the transfers early and prompting the devs to fix the transfer bugs before other late adopters like myself take the plunge.

Has anyone experienced any problems with cargo transferring across? I have a lot of creds invested in GTN gear that I'm going to have to slog over with my toons and potentially disappearing items have been my main concern.

See you on the other side.

As long as it's in your inventory (Bag or Cargo) it'll be fine. Just do a test one first if worried. Process was very quick.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did they nickel and dime you? Makes since it would deny you if you used all slots.

They didn't for the US mergers. People could have 16/12 toons, all playable. Now they expect us to pay if we want to xfer our toons to a server where we already have 12 toons.

I have a locked toon and can't transfer. I had my own crappy guild and disbanded it because u can't transfer Chtr as a guild master. Now I its locked....

Can someone please explain?

Is there something else I need to do?

Any official word on the character name issue once transferred?

Are any people getting a name change prompt once they log into the characters on the new server or do we have to definately go through the ingame ticket process?

Any official word on the character name issue once transferred?

Are any people getting a name change prompt once they log into the characters on the new server or do we have to definately go through the ingame ticket process?

All my names were taken after transferring. So once the move is completed I am prompted IMMEDIATELY to rename my characters, from the random generated name they got after the transfer . Kind of bummed about it. But it happens when you have such an idiotic/archaic naming convention. If only they implemented gamer handles like other games. Then hopefully one day I can get my name back.

I think what his referring to was when they merged all the US servers. If your total used character slots was greater than 12 they still allowed them to move, but didn't make them playable until you freed up room. Meaning you had 16/12. Where now it stops at 12/12.

But apparently even if your a subscriber with the additional 10 slots unlocked (12 sub + 10 Cartel.) It still won't allow you to move any more than 12.

Oh god please tell me this isn't so! I have 17 characters and am terrified I will lose them. I am a subscriber and have bought the extra slots fair and square. Please someone has to know about what happens with more then 12 characters.

One thing I want to know, and I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...

What about Guilds?

- Do we have to remake them on Harbinger?

- Will they get transferred across?

- What about the stuff in our Guild Bank?

- If the entire guild waits for the automatic transfer will the guild be recreated for us, or should we jump now and grab our name now before some random does?

One thing I want to know, and I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...

What about Guilds?

- If the entire guild waits for the automatic transfer will the guild be recreated for us, or should we jump now and grab our name now before some random does?

Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?

Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?

Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?

If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?

Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?

Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?

There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric

No guild transfers, and no compensation for buying a new guild bank and tabs. :(

No guild transfers, and no compensation for buying a new guild bank and tabs. :(

I am pretty sure once you get your new guild together on the destination server, you can create a ticket and CS will re-instate your guild bank tabs.

Begeren Colony RP-PvE West 13 Unavailable.

I have two open slots on this server purchased using the Cartel Market in order to move my APAC character to this server. So... what gives?

How many characters are you trying to move? People who have more then 12 characters have been getting the unavailable when they went to transfer more. Seems right now all they are allowing is a total 12 on a server, whether you have bought the cartel slots or not. I have more then 12 and am still waiting for more info.

Transferring any character don't keep all legacy titles, you lose some this must be a bug most of them are achievement titles and the achievement is still unlocked also characters that failed during transfer are now locked on the origin server and cant be transferred to destination server

That only works until you get back to 12 though, I'm trying to get at least 15 on a server.

Oh and there's some crazy things happening with achievements so if I move some now and some later it is bound to mess everything up.

Edited by mrpayday

I don't understand, can we not transfer more than 12 characters? I have purchased four extra slots and when they brought that in, they said if you purchase an additional character slot, it gives you an additional character slot ON EVERY SERVER. I'll try and find it now... Damn, can't find Eric's post, but I know it said we got extra slots across all servers!

Has anyone successfully transferred more than 12 toons?

I don't understand, can we not transfer more than 12 characters? I have purchased four extra slots and when they brought that in, they said if you purchase an additional character slot, it gives you an additional character slot ON EVERY SERVER. I'll try and find it now... Damn, can't find Eric's post, but I know it said we got extra slots across all servers!

Has anyone successfully transferred more than 12 toons?

I am having this problem also as even with additional character slots it will only allow 12 characters on the server I am trying to consolidate my characters to.

Can someone (Erik?) confirm timings for everything please?

We can transfer characters now (if we get through the bugs!) for free from APAC servers to any other server);

We have 60 days from now to transfer wherever we like, then will be auto-transferred to the equivalent West Coast server - WHAT DATE?;

From Patch 2.2 on June 11th, there will be paid character transfers as often as we like, wherever we like, forever?

I want to make sure I know I can transfer again before I move my toons. And I also want to know that the bugs are gone, so I will probably wait until Day 59 - hence a confirmed final date would be great please.

Also: from the character transfer info: "cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa." Is that for the transfers now or forever? Will we be able to do this after 2.2?

I know 2.2 isn't out yet, but this is crucial for me to know before I move from APAC to another server. Clarity on 2.2 would be awesome, please.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647616

Sorry wanna mini-hijak cos it's just not good enough the lack of assistance/care/communication from devs (and no i'm not suprised.. just disappointed)

Link is to my thread RE failed/locked for apac transfers.. All my Dar'nala toons are locked/failed and have NEVER been on pts.

Is it asking to much for something to work properly 1st time?.. just wondering.

What about Guilds?

For transferring, the responses you've got are correct.

But if people read the CONSOLIDATION FAQ it says guilds will remain intact. From the sound of it, if you wait until they actually merge the two servers in one, guilds will remain as one. We hope this is the case, but some confirmation from Eric would be nice.

I also don't want to delay the transfer as there are people on Dalborra who accented our guild's name, or altered it very slightly, and for them to get the guild name and not us- the original owners of it- we would be very angry indeed. So information on CONSOLIDATION - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6446 - as to whether the information presented is still correct, thank you Eric.