Master Loot in Normal Mode OPs - A Necessity

Normal modes are pug content. Its to stop ninja looting pug raid leaders.

Do hardmode as a guild or serious/weekly pug. If you cant do hardmode content in preoperations gear, the problem is between the chair and the keyboard, its not a gear issue.

Edited by Eroex

alternatively, when starting the op, have the group vote on the loot system

still allows for pugs to be fair, while a full guild would easily be able to decide on a more beneficial loot system

How is this even an issue? What happened to "if you don't like the loot rules, find another raid"?

I think the intention behind this system is cool but the implementation is HORRID, there is no way anyone on the Bioware team has any real experience with raiding from looking at the holes in this system.

Here's why it sucks:

1) it is mandatory, is Bioware telling us we're too stupid to know how to assign loot in our own guild?!

2) this system doesn't check to see if someone has better gear in that slot before assigning loot to them. What if I want to give priority to my tanks and healers? Seriously, how do you force this on your players w/o closing that pretty major hole in your system first?

3) if someone already has better gear for that slot, the system doesn't look to see if that loot is an upgrade for someone else.

4) players who are assigned loot don't get the option to pass

5) Master Looter means NOTHING!

I have a feeling that Bioware looked at how Rift handles loot with their dynamic content and tried (very poorly) to mimic it. Raiding is not dynamic content, most of the time people who raid together know one another, dynamic content is the opposite and so a system like this works for that format. At the very least this system should be optional and some Bioware employees need to get some raiding experience under their belt.

Instead of alleviating headaches which I guess is the intention of this system, I'm left running damage control as my officers question why I brought our guild to this game.

Even the master loot option in HM ops is terrible, because of the lack of a /random or /roll function. How do you determine who gets the class rakata token, when several people in the ops raid want it?

We had to go to some external website chatroom that had a random function, which was a major slow down in the looting process. Then, if you instead change it to round robin, there's so much loot from some bosses that you don't even have time to look at each item and decide how to roll on it before the timer runs out.

Even the master loot option in HM ops is terrible, because of the lack of a /random or /roll function. How do you determine who gets the class rakata token, when several people in the ops raid want it?

We had to go to some external website chatroom that had a random function, which was a major slow down in the looting process. Then, if you instead change it to round robin, there's so much loot from some bosses that you don't even have time to look at each item and decide how to roll on it before the timer runs out.

Have a non rolling person choose a number, say between 1 and 20. Tthen tell it to another person who isnt rolling through a whisper. (to keep everyone honest)

Then the two or three people who want the item guess the number, whoever is closest wins.

Its really not a hard thing to do.

Another problem here is that when master looting on HM or NMM, none of the Alien Cubes or crafting materials drop for us.

Actually reading this thread has changed my mind and I'm now supporting this feature. What this essentially eliminates is the benefit of having players who are already geared burning through a normal mode operation to gear up fresh 50's.

We did our first EV run today, a few well geared and a few pvp geared and a few with missing gear - Not one loot drop went to the person who needed it.

We had 2 inquisitors lose the loot they needed to other inquisitor.

We had 2 warriors lose loot to the other warrior.

We had 1 Bounty Hunter lose loot our to the other.

5 drops that didn't go to the players in need of the loot.

Please allow ML to give out loot.

Working as intended and they won't change it. Normal is already too easy and was made so casuals who pug can do it with their eyes close.

It's not even hard to gear out a fresh 50. Took me 3 days after hitting 50 to get geared for normal EV, another 3 days to get geared for HM EV, and another week for NM. Hell you can buy all your gear on the AH and you'll be ready for HM and even NM if you don't suck.

Yeah normal mode loot system is silly. oh look a columni off-hand that i dont need cause I have rakata and my companion has columni, but the other 3 SI in the raid could have used it.

What a waste.

Im in a small guild of friends and we did our first operation last night. Now everyone levels at different speeds so we have 4 people who are purpled out in mixed columni/champion/tionese and 4 who are new with a couple of purples and the rest greens/blues.

The operation was fun but almost all the gear that dropped was assigned to the geared up people for who it was at most a sidegrade and mostly a downgrade. While those that could of used it got nothing.

This looting system is a nice idea for PUGs but why cant there be an option for the raid leader to turn on or off depending if its a pug or not?

Edited by da_krall

So you guys want:

-> The boss must drop 4 pieces always.

-> It musnt be random.

-> It must be tradeable.

-> It must drop always a lost which isnt filled with a purple of the same rating.

-> You must have the chance to pass on the loot, so it goes to the next one.

You guys realice this makes operations loot stupid right? Grinds are intended and having the same piece two or three times is intended. If it werent random, you would do Eternity Vault two times and you would be full columi (maybe you could need a third run, as only drop 4 pieces everytime). Then two another weeks and there you are full rakata on Hard Mode... why you need then nightmare mode? :/...

If you wanna gear your lowbies take them to Flashpoints on HardMode, there drop tokens. Make them pick Synthweaving and make the two Rakata pieces, make them have always adrenals and stims in operations and there you go, a group with half purples-half oranges that can run a operation in normal mode in two weeks without needing of "making more easy loot".