8 vs 8 Ranked would be a massive disaster + Solution to AFK in Warzones and Ragequits

DavidAtkinson

Last evening I was thinking about the possibility of 8 vs 8 ranked and how it would work out and I have come to the conclusion that it would be a massive disaster. A lot worse than 4vs4 is now.

Yes, I know many of you would like to see it happening but believe me: The main reason why this form of PVP would never work is the community itself.

First of all Imagine the typical Civil War 8vs 8 ranked match. Team A vs team B.

- The match starts and team B realizes very quickly that team A is better and is going to win. Do you think that team B is going to waste time and stay till the end ? Nope... they would be kinda gone, aka ragequit.

The second problem is that the community is really small.... Not enough people are playing ranked to make it happen and furthermore they would have to get rid of 4vs4 in favor of 8 vs 8 because it wouldn't be possible for both to coexist. ALso, only solo que would work for 8vs8 because it's a pain to group for 4vs4 TR, imagine how painful it would be to find ppl for 8 vs8

I was thinking about how would the que work. Solo que like in regs the pop would work the same way as it does or 4vs4. healers and tanks get pops only if other tanks and heals are in que and they get into both teams. If no healers and no tanks are in que than 8 vs 8 would be with dps only.

I would like to see 8vs8 happen because I consider 4vs4 to be trash. it's to small teams ganking each other in a very narrow space. Where is the fun in that ?:rolleyes:

Solution to AFK and Ragequits.

Now this is the real part. In the last few days my PVP experience has been very annoying due these absolute scum and trash players who enjoy PVP only when their team is winning or they have this absolute toxic sense of entitlement that they deserve to win.

AFK Solution:

If the scum is afk for more than 30 seconds he gets the deserter stuff and if the still isn't active after another 45 seconds he will be removed from warzone the same way we get removed if we dont' leave starter area. Problem fixed, team gets rid of AFK players very fast and for good. Why the hell do you even que if you are trash and just stay afk in the corner to get the rewards while your team is trying to win ? ****

Ragequit solution:

Now this is the most annoying part of the pvp community. I was in Voidstar match vs reps on TRE yesterday and we kinda won our first attacker round. Got to the last area.

In round 2 we held out at first door for like 2 minutes when the reps planted and guess what happened ? When they planted the bomb, THREEE of our "Heroes" ragequitted instantly. BAAM ! THey were gone. After the bridge was lowered, another PVP superstart thought that it's time to leave. Ofc we won in the end... :rolleyes:

What's with this trash mentality ? I mean what the hell ? PVP is nice only when you are winning and people feel like quitting the second the enemy team might have an advantage ? With this kind of attitude there is no hope that PVP can be improved much.

Solution: If you ragequit, you will no longer receive any CXP,, Components for the next 30 mins. Solved ;)

However there is a problem here... that if someone gets disconnected. What would happen then ?

You are missing one massively important point.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Some people take it more seriously than others, some people are better players than others. Still, no one enjoys getting farmed warzone after warzone.

This explains the "ragequitting", which is actualy more like "I'm not gonna sit here and get farmed for 15 mins so that enemies can feel good about themselves if I can leave without penalty and requeue". That's not ragequitting. That's common sense.

It's like every other game on the planet. It's good manners to resign in chess when the situation is lost and you have no way of winning. Forcing both players to play it out is just a massive waste of time for everyone.

Warzones are not there for half the players only to have fun.

If you start punishing players who leave, those players will just leave the game and find another one to play.

Within a few weeks warzones will not pop and the servers will be empty.

You will not solve things by punishing players who leave. You will solve the current issues by encouraging players to stay. This is completely different.

You are missing one massively important point.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Some people take it more seriously than others, some people are better players than others. Still, no one enjoys getting farmed warzone after warzone.

This explains the "ragequitting", which is actualy more like "I'm not gonna sit here and get farmed for 15 mins so that enemies can feel good about themselves if I can leave without penalty and requeue". That's not ragequitting. That's common sense.

It's like every other game on the planet. It's good manners to resign in chess when the situation is lost and you have no way of winning. Forcing both players to play it out is just a massive waste of time for everyone.

Warzones are not there for half the players only to have fun.

If you start punishing players who leave, those players will just leave the game and find another one to play.

Within a few weeks warzones will not pop and the servers will be empty.

You will not solve things by punishing players who leave. You will solve the current issues by encouraging players to stay. This is completely different.

I agree.. but it's not fun when you start a match.. and half yuor team quits after 1 min.. and you get the warzone will shut down unless more players join message...

Ok don't punish them. but it's annoying when it happens.. especially on imp side. Reps are less likely to quit.

You'll never fix ragequiters

If there is salt to be had, I'll find it through focus and grenades. Merc tears were tasty yesterday.

Killed a slinger in ilum yesterday, her cuck had to login and defend her honor with whispers and general chat taunts and trolling in a PvP instance of 2.

I see a lot of ragequiters, it's the nature of. PvP. People get mad, and they leave.

Who cares, it's just a game. Finish the match and get your Cxp

The pvp is made for those who like the challenge. Those who leave in the middle of the fight because they are farmed should go play tetris. And if you take pleasure in winning effortlessly, pvp is not for you.

Wrong viewpoint. PvP is for whatever reason people want to do it. There is no right or wrong reason to PvP.

What's with this trash mentality ? I mean what the hell ? PVP is nice only when you are winning and people feel like quitting the second the enemy team might have an advantage ? With this kind of attitude there is no hope that PVP can be improved much.

Solution: If you ragequit, you will no longer receive any CXP,, Components for the next 30 mins. Solved ;)

I have no problem with consequences for ragequits, but first you have to guarantee the following:

1) Both teams starts with the same number of people.

2) Both teams have mirror premades if any.

3) Both teams have the same number of tanks and healers.

4) The servers are stable e.g. not huge lag spikes.

5) All bugs and glitches are gone (roll bug, leap bug etc.)

Sure I will stay then and accept my loss.

Those who leave in the middle of the fight because they are farmed should go play tetris.

Soooo people should stay in the match and allow themselves to be farmed to boost the ego of selfish little premade children? :D:D You are everything that is wrong with PVP.

The solution is to make all PvP Ranked.

Problem solved.

That's what I tend to think. All matches should contribute to rating. That would allow for match-making in regs, and "hard core" PVPers would probably gravitate towards granked. However, I have voiced that opinion before, and it was not well received.

Rage quitting would be the least of problems if 8v8 ranked came back.

When the level cap went to 55 most ranked matches were stalemates, hypergates would go the distance, nobody could cap doors. With lvl 70s in an organized team setting very few games would ever be won. It was a great game mode when it was around, but now it would be a disaster.

Wrong viewpoint. PvP is for whatever reason people want to do it. There is no right or wrong reason to PvP.

I said "is made" of course you can play for whatever reason you want.

And this is "my" viewpoint, respect it.

Soooo people should stay in the match and allow themselves to be farmed to boost the ego of selfish little premade children? :D:D You are everything that is wrong with PVP.

So only children can do premade ? How you know ?

Eh, as someone whos ran alot of premades and been up against alot of premades, people who leave over premades groups don't bother me at all, because quite frankly, its not fair. I've been in farming parties, ya know, where you just brawl mid and keep killing the same disorganized yolos over and over, sure its fun and makes you feel like a true sith lord, but at the same time, I think to my self "If I were on the other team, I would've bailed along time ago" and I have been on the other side, and have bailed many times.

If you play on a server long enough you recognize names, I can tell right away by certain names that I'm going up against a premade or even a double premade, without fail. Some players run in a pack, and you just know its gonna be over if all the buddies are in the match.

I always tend to stick around for the first engagement, just to see how the yolos stack up, and 9 times outta 10 the first engagement is just a slaughter, which is the que to bail.

The only penalty I would like to see is you not being able to come back into a match you just bailed. I would be for that.

At the end the day, its a video game, yes, but its definitely not fun to get farmed over and over against a premade, especially against good players grouped up in a premade, or the worst, a double premade full of good players. That's not fun.... unless your in that premade. Then its the epitome of greatness, and you feel like a true Sith Lord. You will feel like bubba fette reincarnated, 3 times (if playing merc). I put my vader hood on for those moments, and take my pants off to really get into the mood. If only you could see how awesome I look behind my keyboard when this is happening, you would understand.

Edited by DenariusJay

Eh, as someone whos ran alot of premades and been up against alot of premades, people who leave over premades groups don't bother me at all, because quite frankly, its not fair. I've been in farming parties, ya know, where you just brawl mid and keep killing the same disorganized yolos over and over, sure its fun and makes you feel like a true sith lord, but at the same time, I think to my self "If I were on the other team, I would've bailed along time ago" and I have been on the other side, and have bailed many times.

If you play on a server long enough you recognize names, I can tell right away by certain names that I'm going up against a premade or even a double premade, without fail. Some players run in a pack, and you just know its gonna be over if all the buddies are in the match.

I always tend to stick around for the first engagement, just to see how the yolos stack up, and 9 times outta 10 the first engagement is just a slaughter, which is the que to bail.

Indeed, indeed. I have never premade, but when you play long enough, you quickly get feel for the flow of the match to come. It's not always premades that causes the imbalance, but when you get smashed right in the opening, well, the game is going to be terrible one-sided and extremely not fun.

Mhh I'd like to see people punished for leaving in the last 2 min so they can't queue for at least half an hour or so.

Everything else I agree with, but seriously it's more than annoying to join a game stuck in starter zone and can't do anything but watch the game to end - I get it if you want to leave at the beginning seeing there is no way of winning, also in the middle when you tried to steal a node and maybe trick them and it just doesn't work but in the last 1 - 2 mins?

Please just go afk or something but leaving at that time is just messing with people who join after you.

Also the Idea of all matches are ranked is quite nice, maybe just some adjustments so "regs" would not lower your ranking if you lose or the points you can get and lose are significantly lower than the ones you can get in "ranked" - something like that, so you don't have to wait 400 hours in ranked for a pop and you're still able to do something for your ranking.

Mhh I'd like to see people punished for leaving in the last 2 min so they can't queue for at least half an hour or so.

Think of it like this: you get some components, CXP and valor for just a loading screen. It's a lot better than having to sit through getting farmed for 10-15 mins for the exact same rewards.

Quick daily.

Edited by Schoock

AFK Solution:

If the scum is afk for more than 30 seconds he gets the deserter stuff and if the still isn't active after another 45 seconds he will be removed from warzone the same way we get removed if we dont' leave starter area. Problem fixed, team gets rid of AFK players very fast and for good. Why the hell do you even que if you are trash and just stay afk in the corner to get the rewards while your team is trying to win ? ****

I hate AFK people too. But how do you solve the issue of the person guarding all match. I often hide out of sight and not move around when I'm guarding. Also I've seen AFK trolls on auto run in the corners so the system doesn't show them afk.

Ragequit solution:

Solution: If you ragequit, you will no longer receive any CXP,, Components for the next 30 mins. Solved

This is a good idea.

However there is a problem here... that if someone gets disconnected. What would happen then ?

If you disconnect you have to restart the game. So the system should be able to tell the difference of someone leaving through normal means or leaving because of a DC.

Of course that doesn't stop rage quitters from just loginning out and restarting. But that would become a pain to them after awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

AFK Solution:

I agree with deserter detection as afk solution. But can't already vote to kick sb from wz ops team for the said reason?

Ragequit solution:

No. Some of the losses and fights are fun, some not. People pay to have fun and nobody owes to anyone to stay in a match they're not enjoying for whatever reason.

8v8 would bring many people back, but the rage quitting that has got to stop, i have been in multiple games where facing the insurmountable odds we came back and won...ie needing a3 cap to win in ACW or a 1-5 huttball and coming back to win 6-5 they happen when players stop ovr reacting to garbage like premades and ****... stop giving up; and if you lose at lest you tried .