The Shadowlands: Ops Progression Thread

NoxIrradiata

A little disappointed at what appears to be a noticeable step down in difficulty on 8 Man.

This has been true since EV/KP Nightmare on 16M with the exception of 16M HM Explosive conflict which was significantly easier with 16 players (mistakes could be recovered from in 16M, whereas on 8M a mistake meant a wipe). I contend than every fight in 16M HM EC was easier with 16 versus 8.

The real difficulty in 16M HM over 8M HM in Terror From Beyond is the fact that there are an extra 8 players who could make a mistake, thereby increasing the likelyhood of a wipe by 100%. Every fight is execution based. And a single mistake will wipe the raid regardless of 8M HM or 16M HM.

This equates the level of difficulty in terms of skill as identical between 16M HM and 8M HM. The level of difficulty in terms of execution comes down to the fact that there are twice as many players engaging the boss, doubling the likelihood of a wipe.

Regards,

KK

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Legionnaires of Liberty>

Republic

Downed 8 man:

Eternity Vault: SM / HM / NiM

Karagga's Place: SM / HM/ NiM

Explosive Conflict : SM

Terror From Beyond: SM

Our Guild name was changed from <Anonymous @ The Shadowlands> to the name seen above. I forgot to take pic for TFB I will this upcoming week :)

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s484/Patrick_Keller/Untitled-13.png

Please change to NiM as stated above

Edited by Darkcy

The Shadowlands Progression thread is back! :)

Tier 3 - 16 Man Terror From Beyond

WH/ DG/ OIX/KTU/ TFB- Stoic(HM Kephess 10/01/12)

WH/DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB- Shadow Dragon Universe (HM Operator IX 09/30/12)

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB- Undercon(HM Writhing Horror 09/27/12)

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB-Paradigm(HM Writhing Horror 09/30/12)

While I appreciate the credit for 16(we'll get it soon), we did KTU on 8 man. I don't know how you want to handle this because we did all of the other bosses on 16 man, but I just wanted to clarify that we have NOT killed Kephess on 16 man. Monday is not our usual night - we just got 8 people together to learn the mechanics so we could translate that into 16 man success.

This has been true since EV/KP Nightmare on 16M with the exception of 16M HM Explosive conflict which was significantly easier with 16 players (mistakes could be recovered from in 16M, whereas on 8M a mistake meant a wipe). I contend than every fight in 16M HM EC was easier with 16 versus 8.

The real difficulty in 16M HM over 8M HM in Terror From Beyond is the fact that there are an extra 8 players who could make a mistake, thereby increasing the likelyhood of a wipe by 100%. Every fight is execution based. And a single mistake will wipe the raid regardless of 8M HM or 16M HM.

This equates the level of difficulty in terms of skill as identical between 16M HM and 8M HM. The level of difficulty in terms of execution comes down to the fact that there are twice as many players engaging the boss, doubling the likelihood of a wipe.

Regards,

KK

I would contend, at least on dread guards (since its the only one I've done in both configurations), that it tuned slightly higher on 16. It is a heal intensive fight, and it is considerably easier to heal on 8 man, taking raid healing out of the equation. The difference in perceived difficulty was so stark that Im unable to chalk it up completely to the extra 8 players yet. That beig said, I absolutely agree that carrying 16 players versus 8 adds inherent extra difficulty, but from what I saw it was more than that in this instance.

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken (which i often am =P) it was noted by PTS guilds testing on 16 that it seemed to be tuned higher.

Edited by Typeslice

<Shifted>

Empire

8 Man

Eternity Vault - SM/HM Full Clear

Karraga's Palace - SM/HM Full Clear

Explosive Conflict - SM (ZT and FS cleared)

Thanks

Edited by dxyn
typo

I thought you guys were doing 16M HM?

Do we need to watch our backs now for Terror From Beyond? The bugs are getting as frustrating as SOA 1.0 with people just dropping dead from fall damage.

Regards,

KK

I thought you guys were doing 16M HM?

Do we need to watch our backs now for Terror From Beyond? The bugs are getting as frustrating as SOA 1.0 with people just dropping dead from fall damage.

Regards,

KK

Right now our raid nights feels like shaking a magic 8 ball as to whether or not we'll do 16 or 8 lol. School and work schedules are killing us right now.