Once you marry your companion that's it?

Haiken

Has anyone heard anything new about what will happen with the companions later on? Will the story progress for you char, their LI and friends? Would love to know that they will let us continue with them.

Rumor is you have to get rid of (permanetly dismiss) a current companion in order to add a new one.

Edited by Quiet

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor is you have to get rid of (permanetly dismiss) a current companion in order to add a new one.

Ohh wow... scary stuff. But great for alts. How is the game different when you have a different group to do quests with. Did they say that in one of the panels?

Looks like a lot of us are on the same page when it comes to the "simple things" in regular interaction. SilentKitty's metion of a "hug" is cool, I like that idea! Mostly because it's just something "different". Another idea I had is the "emote" function. For instance if I click "rally" in a group of players/NPCs they all jump, clap and cheer. I think it would be cool if I targeted my companion (and if married) I could do a /hug or /kiss and it would do it.

I also agree with Applesauce on changing or adding to the "canned" responses", when just clicking on the companion. "YES SIR!" Just doesn't seem like the appropriate response for my wife LOL! I think these are small things taht could be implemented. Someone also mentioned to just change the scenery. For me, my entire "Romance" took place in a med bay. A MED BAY?! How drepressing!

As for future content, I think mini-games/stories that are REPEATABLE like flashpoints would be cool. I'm not looking for XP or credits. Outside of being married and romance in general, to do repeatable social stories with otehr companions would be cool too, for example:

As a Trooper you had to destroy the "Gauntlet", that story (even though it was action based) totally rocked because ALL the companions were in on it. Totally fun. Now if that was repeatable (with maybe a couple other possible out comes) that would be cool.

I'd never thought I'd be a guy on here arguing for more "romance" content LOL!!, but after hours of killing and killing and killing, it's totally a different change. I'm just glad I'm not the only "weirdo" that wanted more "romance"!! It's nice to know others want this content..

Just to get the thread back on topic a bit =)

What do we want to happen with our LI:s once the last convo is over. I've heard something about new emotes coming with the 1.2-patch. Guess we will see what happens. And pretty please new canned responses after your are married! That would make me really happy.

i've already gotten 2 whispers on my server from people who reconise me in the vector worship threads on the agent forum....

he acts as if nothing happened between us now T.T

it's even more confusing cause ( IA spoiler)

i dragged him to my voss wedding...AFTER we were married, AND spent the night with the voss... i mean ive said it before; his dad died cause of me. i gave him a little pitty luffin ...and somehow i came out of that scene with +120 affection with vector o.o

i'm probably safe... but it's disheartening how i'm chopped liver now that the honeymoon is over.

or maybe he's ignoring me cause i got him that moddable head piece that looks like a slave collar from belsavis.....

I know as far as SW no its not it.

I merried Vette. Then merried Jeasa. Now from time to time Jeasa sends me qifts and planted a tracking bug on me and Vette pretty much did nothing . Now maybe its based on whoever you merry first if there is extra story action.

• 5 weeks later...
I would love to see more interaction with the LI. and yes I also would like to see the canned response change once you get married. There also needs to be a way for the Agent to get rid of their Voss marriage, even though it doesn't seem to bother vector. =)

• 8 months later...
Nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo *devastated* Ok not really hehe but that would suck.;)

I would like it so people can. I had been talking to my boyfriend about us getting married in-game, but then he f'ed it up by marrying the in game girl character... I was rather bummed, game or not, I was really looking forward to it. these were our dedicated characters for playing with each other. Gaming is sort of the main thing we do together.

I was hoping Bioware would follow up with my suggestion about player to player marriage with some different advances then for the companions . IF they come out with this opinion, player marriage, then don't let people get divorce... well there goes that hope.

When asked him about playing swtors with me, I told him about the story I was mapping out and having it kind of based after our alter egos of us in the Star Wars world.... I'm still really bummed, it ruined the whole story thing I had been talking about for a long time and had going... I had made up my star wars role playing character nearly 20 years ago. So, much for our selves in the Star Wars Universe... :( stupid idea for me to get excited about anyway....

Edited by celebnaur

I would like it so people can. I had been talking to my boyfriend about us getting married in-game, but then he f'ed it up by marrying the in game girl character... I was rather bummed, game or not, I was really looking forward to it. these were our dedicated characters for playing with each other. Gaming is sort of the main thing we do together.

I was hoping Bioware would follow up with my suggestion about player to player marriage with some different advances then for the companions . IF they come out with this opinion, player marriage, then don't let people get divorce... well there goes that hope.

When asked him about playing swtors with me, I told him about the story I was mapping out and having it kind of based after our alter egos of us in the Star Wars world.... I'm still really bummed, it ruined the whole story thing I had been talking about for a long time and had going... I had made up my star wars role playing character nearly 20 years ago. So, much for our selves in the Star Wars Universe... :( stupid idea for me to get excited about anyway....

As an RPer, I'd say, why not seperate your RP with your BF's character and your solo RP with your class storyline/companion quests?

Still is there any rpg where being married accauly means something?

In Skyrim for instance, you can have your spouse cook you a meal every day and he/she regularly give you money from the shop you both own :)

That is a shame idd that we don't have anything like that in SWTOR.

I found a workaround on my second SW though : I stopped the romance conversations with Quinn before she married him. That way, everytime she goes to the bridge she can trigger that sweet conversation (the "technical changes" one), ofc I must pay attention to press the escape key before it ends.

Edited by kalistea

• 1 month later...

Honestly Mako is extremely annoying to me and heck, I'd pay $1 Real Life currency just to reset the story arch with her so that I can not do the marriage. I only did it because I didn't want to have to level another character to see it. I think a $1's worth of cartel currency is more than fair enough per companion story reset.

Do you hear that Bioware? I will give you MORE MONEY to give me the option just to reset my companion quests and do them over even if it doesn't give any XP the second time through.

I doubt I'm alone in sometimes being caught between wanting to see what happens in the game and wanting to be true to the character personality I've created.