So why are any of us doing hard modes? Pvp gear is on par and way easier to get.

Is it for loot? Which is far easier to get in pvp because we can actually farm it as much as we want and none of it is bugged.

is it because its the best gear? Because its not, pvp gear is really really close, so unless your a min maxer, you wont even notice the difference raiding in full pvp gear.

So why, what is the motivation to do hard modes right now? Welfare epics from warzones seem to be the better route, 90% of the people i inspect during my hardmode runs are in 4/5 champion epics, i know some who have been 50 for 2 days and already have 2 or 3 pieces, meanwhile, my last 3 days hard modes dropped gear for classes that arent even in my static.

Lets weight the pros and cons of hard mode and pvp.

Hard mode pros -

challenging encounters (not really, everything just enrages)

Hard mode cons -

Only can do each instance once a day

95% of the hard modes are bugged, as such you must use other bugs to beat the encounters

Repairs, good god the repairs. win, or lose, you are paying 20-40k on repairs.

Finding a healer/tank/dps seriously, i could spend hours looking for healer

Broken loot, no im not complaining about rng, i love rng, i like earning my loot, i mean killing the boss and that chest is still un-interactable, ive lost about 9 chests in boarding party and foundry due to this one, fun fun fun bioware. Nothing like killing a boss and you cant get the loot.

Pvp pros -

can do it solo, win lose or draw you still get commendations, valor, etc, ina group or solo nobody cares.

Gear bags, cmon, does anyone consider this system to be difficult?

Good gear equal to tier 1 and 2 raid gear, just slightly different bonus stats.

PVP cons -

Hutball gets boring.

Thats just how i feel about it, why do hard modes when you can gear just as easily through pvp. without the bugs or need for a group.

Just imagine the concept I am thinking of....oh yah, not everyone likes to do pvp. Also, what you said about 95% of boss encounters in hard modes being bugged shows your true ignorance and probably lack of having even done any of them.

People of different ideas of what is fun for them. Feel free to pvp for your epics if that is what is fun for you. At the same time, let people feel free to do pve hard modes if that is what is fun for them. I won't force you to do PvE, because frankly that is entirely up to you if you want to do it. Just remember that some people actually enjoy doing PvE content more than PvP content.

Because PvP gear is completely and totally random, and you can very easily open 20 bags with no token inside or with a copy of a token you've already gotten.

At least Hardmodes/Operations will always drop *something* in addition to tokens, and the tokens are easier to mass.

You cant get the rare crafting mat doing pvp for those lovely purples like rakata stims <3

Its easyer to obtain item in pve than pvp because of the totalt randomness of it, you would know if you did any pvp.

1 flashpoint can be done in a hour time with a group, and your group get atleast 4+ item.

1 hour in pvp wont get you more than maybe 1 bag = 3 centurian marks.

But i do understand your frustation getting a team together, thats the big problem with pve and always have been :cool:

If it wouldn't be for the truck load of PvE content (incl. leveling) you could think it's a PvP focused game, with all those incentives and systems they have put into the game to support warzones (compared to flashpoints). Sorry, couldn't resist. Edited by Nepumuk