The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Late night Veteran Cademinu. Group of 3 sins - level 75 (me), level 70, level 40 and a Sorc level 60.

Poor Sorc dying on nearly every pull. Certainly doesn't help that he's spamming his AoE and never uses CC unless told but is quite good at breaking mine. Actually no one uses any CC except for me. On the pack with 2 Droids everyone dies and I save myself by stealthing out.

But the real fun begins after 2 boss. As usual I run to the end and wait for others. No one comes at first, sorc dies. then assasins show up. Sorc keeps dying. He complains he is left behind and that we don't res him (I did earlier and my res in on cd) Sins go help him, I decide to stay put. After all, he's supposed to come here, it's not like I can make him run faster.

More time passes. The trio seems to stuck there and judging by the stream of renown/conquest points they are killing mobs instead of running. I start asking what's happening.

Me: What's taking so long?

Sorc: You left me behind. I don't have stealth like you.

Me: It doesn't matter Everybody runs. Put your shield on and run.

Sorc: You should have told me instead of those 2 sticking by me like torn in my ***. and not saying anything.

Me: Dude!

Sorc: Here comes the toxicity...

Me: Dude, why would I tell you, its standart tactics.

Sorc: Well I haven't played this **** game for a couple of years.

Me: You should have said so in the beginning.

Sorc: Indeed I should have. But it doesn't help that you keep not ressing me.

He finally arrives. I briefly consider whether I should tell him about rockets and fire then decide he'll figure it out. Plus he's ranged anyway, it's easier for him.

Sorc dies on the first set of rockets, leaving us to deal with the boss. Well mostly me since I am the one with 75 level and 306 gear. But at least it was some challenge, ditching the fire and managing kolto. Quite fun, actually.

In the end Sorc thanks me for not kicking him from the group and flames the other sins for not being helpful. It never occures to him that they were the ones who actually run back to help him while I did nothing but wait and I am pretty sure any one of them could initiate the vote kick but didnt. So they dont deserve to be flamed and I don't deserve praise. Weird guy, that sorc.

Edited by Gelious

I am a strong advocate of being respectful of fellow players' time, and usually that means finishing group content as quickly as reasonably possible. I don't have a problem with people who try to go through content very quickly, and am happy to help facilitate that.

I do have a problem with people who do that poorly.

If you, as the tank, are chainpulling and dragging low-health enemies from one fight to the next, you are significantly lengthening the time it takes to complete content because you're forcing everybody else to move more slowly - the difference between sprint and combat speed (without even getting into the whole rocket boots thing) - to try to catch up. Some classes enjoy the combat speed boosts that PT/VG and Assassin/Shadow do; some do not. It makes no sense to play as if everybody has the mobility of a Sage if your group is full of Guardians and Gunslingers.

Similarly, if you as the tank are moving bosses around more quickly than your dps can move, you are reducing uptime even for good-quality dps. Reducing uptime makes fights slower, not faster.

And if you are so desperate to skip enemies that you end up falling off a cliff or repeatedly fail to make a jump, and therefore end up taking more time to skip than to kill them, then you should probably reexamine your priorities.

Edited by Euphrosyne

Well that was a fun Veteran Athiss...

Group includes 75 level merc (me), 75 level sin, 70 level Sorc and a 40 level jug.

Assassin declares he has arheology. Except when we get to the door, he says "Crap, I forgot" and they all run back for the bomb. Guess he confused his toons or something?

We move onwards, sin CCing mobs on the way and getting annoyed when someone breaks his CC. No biggie, right? We kill 2 boss and enter the tomb. We manage skip first room or so, but then someone pulls something, we wipe. "I have no words" declares Sin and drops the group.

Well, that sucks, now we have to kill mobs one by one. Me and jugg fine with it, but Sorc decides to do some skipping himself, and runs forward, while we stand and wait for 2 moving mobs ahead of us.

He fails and is in combat now. I cc one mob and me and jugg attack another. Jugg dies, I kill the mob, meanwhile Sorc dies and the mob attacking him comes to us. Plus the mob that I cc'ed eventually is freed as time passes.

Last man standing, I manage to combat res Jugg, CC the mob again, and we kill the one that came to us, then the one I CCed.

Then Sorc askes for a res. This proves to be last straw to me. I explain to him in no uncertain terms where he and his request should go after he nearly wiped us. Sorc drops the group. Me and jugg pull out our companions and 2-man the final boss. I thank Jugg for not leaving.

Edited by Gelious

Doing FP for Conquest on my Operative, get a pop for random Tactical, 4 dps 75 lvl. Should be fine, right?

Except it turns out to be Meridian. and by the time I load inside half of the group is gone. quit without saying a word. I can only assume it is some kind of karma, because earlier I instantly dropped Kuat:D

However I have nothing against Meridian, so me and last remaining member (Ligning Sorc I assume, who never done it before by his own admission), 2-man the entire thing including bonus with no problems whatsoever.

Edited by Gelious

Doing FP for Conquest on my Operative, get a pop for random Tactical, 4 dps 75 lvl. Should be fine, right?

Except it turns out to be Meridian. and by the time I load inside half of the group is gone. quit without saying a word. I can only assume it is some kind of karma, because earlier I instantly dropped Kuat:D

However I have nothing against Meridian, so me and last remaining member (Ligning Sorc I assume, who never done it before by his own admission), 2-man the entire thing including bonus with no problems whatsoever.

The other day my premade group accidentally q'd for MM Meridian without a tank, and level 73 healer. We had 2 dwt though, and we swapped tanking based on whoever had more cooldowns left. It wasn't as easy as it would have been with a tank and a level 75 healer, but it wasn't that bad either. More like interesting. And now we know it can be done with dwt for sure, at least if the healer knows what they are doing.

Just had one of the worst Cademimu runs one could possibly ever have. The issue started with the first boss, both of our DPS screwed up the mechanics, a ranged one stood within the red circle while the melee didn't even attempt to run away from the bot... the ranged DPS also kept attacking the officer instead of the bot and was insistent that the bot would die in Master Mode. I explained it to him that this wasn't the case but he kept going on about how it was and how he had done this before multiple times, apparently he has been here since beta, tries to start a dick measuring contest by betting that if the officer dies first the bot will also die but I refuse because by that point we had already wiped twice due to people standing in stupid. After that we finally get the first boss, second boss has no issue... but then comes the bonus boss and the healer is simply unable to keep us up, it doesn't help our melee DPS made little to no effort in running away from the AOE. After wiping three or four times we decided to keep going with the Flashpoint as we would be unable to defeat the bonus boss with our current HPS. On the last boss the whole thing falls apart, the healer ran into the fire the first time, only me and the ranged DPS (Credit where credit is he and I might've had disagreements in the beginning but we were the only people who knew what they were doing) seemed to use our CC breaks, the melee DPS didn't attempt to break free from what I've seen or help anybody who was under shackles. Anyway the healer kept running into the fire or not running away from it fast enough, melee DPS also stood in stupid several times and after 4 tries I just straight up quit after dying, while the only person still alive was the ranged DPS. You'd think you'd have a smooth run with Cademimu.

Heh... the amount of sheer *no-brainer* presence is astounding in MM currently.

1. They rush ahead and dies.

2. They dont kill adds and adds kill them.

3. They screw up mechanics and wipes the party.

4. They claim others are noob!

5. They cant taunt as a tank, cant heal much as healer and do dps like facerolling the keyboard. :eek::p

and more problems arise when they go to gear grind... namely MM RR stealth runs...

Recent notable one for me. Me as Op along with Three sin.

I tank all three boss cause no matter who starts the fight, I tank it :confused:

Aggroes the mob even as stealth wasting vanish for everyone. :confused:

Wipe to Ikoral about 3 times cause they do abysmal dps and boss enrages!!! :eek:

Finally, Someone calls me noob and starts a vote kick! reason: NOOB! Me?!

I immidietly leave group saying m8 learn to taunt as a dwt first.

That would be a little less infuriating if this game didn't have that stupid "Enter combat, waddle along at like half your normal speed" BS.

Why is this even a thing anymore in 2019? I always hated it in games that have it, and it seems many, if not most WoW-clones do. (Um, guys? 2005 called --It wants its archaic and useless mechanics back.)

OMG Yes I know I hate that too... and it's even worse on mounts... Oh this guy is shooting at me? OH OH LET ME SLOW DOWN SO HE CAN HIT ME BETTER...

Hey, healers! What's your professional opinion regarding Battle of Rishi HM last boss? Is it really hard to heal?

We had a merc healer who either kept dying himself (and claiming his dcd don't work), or wasn't able to keep tank up. That happened every time adds showed up (and no, we didnt ignore them or anything)

After 10+ pulls, healer got fed up with it and left. We got a replacement, an operative, and downed the boss on 2 try.

Edited by Gelious

Hey, healers! What's your professional opinion regarding Battle of Rishi HM last boss? Is it really hard to heal?

We had a merc healer who either kept dying himself (and claiming his dcd don't work), or wasn't able to keep tank up. That happened every time adds showed up (and no, we didnt ignore them or anything)

After 10+ pulls, healer got fed up with it and left. We got a replacement, an operative, and downed the boss on 2 try.

it's not hard and even if people are being noobs and not killing the adds fast enough you can cc them, knock them off the platform or use the consoles to los them

merc healer here, that flashpoint is no problem whatsoever, especially since it doesn't scale you down. If other players handle the adds properly it's easy.

I saw plenty of players struggling with this phase. Healer needs to prepare in advance (bubble everyone / refresh probes etc) and keep burst heals and DCDs ready because adds focus them first. As heals I usually run to adds and use knockback, stuns and mezzes until dps arrive and start killing. If healer doesn’t have much experience with their role or class and others aren’t quick enough to deal with adds and move out of blue circles it easily turns into disaster. It’s also helpful if tank uses mass taunt and puts guard on healer; some of them prefer tunneling the boss during this phase, and inexperienced healers and dps may not deal with the pressure on their own.

Only time I had trouble healing Rishi MM final boss was with a VG tank who'd taken the "get to irating 306 first and then worry about stats" a bit too literally, and had a shield chance in the mid to high 20s with absorb around 55%. He was spiky as hell to heal and if the RNG decided to throw some hate around, he went down fast.

Pointed out to him that Energy Blast gives another 30% extra absorb too but 80% absorb didn't mean anything when he only shielded around 1 in 4 :( Poor bloke then went to fleet, spent all his frags on random enhancements and got hosed with absorb ones by the RNG again.

Had an... interesting False Emperor run last night.

Me on my level 75 Sentinel (no set pieces), an impatient level 75 DPS Sage, a rusty level 50ish DPS Vanguard, and a level 55 DPS Sage.

Nearly got kicked before I'd finished loading in, which is never a good sign, but luckily I was able to get in before anyone voted. Level 75 Sage had initiated the kick attempt, and insisted that we skip the conversations (though we seemed to be waiting longest for them).

We had a few mishaps where one of the Sages would Force Lift a target and the Vanguard would pull that same target onto us with their grappler. The lower-level guys died at least twice each on the various trash pulls along the way because neither Sage ever seemed to use any of their heals (the lower-level one kolto-spammed in the boss fights, but even with that, the only major boss fight that didn't have casualties was Malgus).

I did ask why neither Sage was bothering to heal after I got killed by the turrets after HK. They answered that their heals were rubbish. I pointed out that when kolto stations aren't an option, off-heals are better than no heals at all, but decided not to push it.

Apart from the early impatience, they seemed like decent enough people, and apart from a few slip-ups we got through it ok, so I can't complain too much.

The actual point is this. What do people think about classes that still have some heals not using any in a no-healer TFP?

I feel like if I was on either of my DPS Sorcs and there was no healer, I'd throw some heals out there if needed... but they're both really low level and I don't remember if I've used either in group content yet so I can't say for certain how that would go in practice.

Had an... interesting False Emperor run last night.

Me on my level 75 Sentinel (no set pieces), an impatient level 75 DPS Sage, a rusty level 50ish DPS Vanguard, and a level 55 DPS Sage.

Nearly got kicked before I'd finished loading in, which is never a good sign, but luckily I was able to get in before anyone voted. Level 75 Sage had initiated the kick attempt, and insisted that we skip the conversations (though we seemed to be waiting longest for them).

We had a few mishaps where one of the Sages would Force Lift a target and the Vanguard would pull that same target onto us with their grappler. The lower-level guys died at least twice each on the various trash pulls along the way because neither Sage ever seemed to use any of their heals (the lower-level one kolto-spammed in the boss fights, but even with that, the only major boss fight that didn't have casualties was Malgus).

I did ask why neither Sage was bothering to heal after I got killed by the turrets after HK. They answered that their heals were rubbish. I pointed out that when kolto stations aren't an option, off-heals are better than no heals at all, but decided not to push it.

Apart from the early impatience, they seemed like decent enough people, and apart from a few slip-ups we got through it ok, so I can't complain too much.

The actual point is this. What do people think about classes that still have some heals not using any in a no-healer TFP?

I feel like if I was on either of my DPS Sorcs and there was no healer, I'd throw some heals out there if needed... but they're both really low level and I don't remember if I've used either in group content yet so I can't say for certain how that would go in practice.

Personally, I will use all my abilities (e.g. taunts, CC, heals, push, pull, etc) to try and keep the group alive and the run going successfully, even if it means tossing a bubble on someone standing in bad.

On the flip side, my expectations for random groups are low - so I go in with the expectation I'm not going to get much in the way of support from my group members, and will play a bit defensively until proven otherwise.

It's very situatiational.

Plus if you're throwing out off-heals, you're not dps'ing, and it will mess with your dps rotation. So the default is NOT to off-heal, it's usually better to just kill the mobs asap.

That said I will throw out heals if I think they're needed, especially cleanses for those few boss fights where a dot can kill players fast.

I'm not an actual healer though when in dps spec, and shouldn't be treated as one. If the other players decide to pull mobs without healing up first expecting me to 'top them off', then I'll switch to pure dps/heal myself only, mode.

When combat ends, and a player doesn't bother to heal up, then I'm not going out of my way to keep them alive.

When you sign on as dps, that's your job, to dps. No one should expect you do anything else.

We had a few mishaps where one of the Sages would Force Lift a target and the Vanguard would pull that same target onto us with their grappler.

Grappling a Force Lifted target doesn't break mezz/CC. It's commonly used in raids so that players don't accidentally AoE clip a mezzed target. So someone must have attacked the Lifted target.

The sages could easily have used Rejuvenate and Bubble as needed, but casting Benevolence as a dps is a huge waste. They should have at least Bubbled/Rejuvenated on occasion, imo.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Interesting. I'd never tested using the grappling line to pull a CC'd enemy out of the rest of the enemy group... but then I hardly play my Vanguard or my PT so I know next to nothing about that class.

Yeah, bubbles would've made all the difference, but I don't remember the Sages bubbling themselves, let alone the rest of us.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

If you're below max level and incapable of carrying the group then healing someone who can carry and needs heals is a good plan.

If you're a 30 stack dps in a VM of much lower levels then just stick to using combat res with 30s CD because you're wasting time healing.

Edited by Gyronamics

I feel that if I have the tools to prevent a team-mate's death (and subsequent repair bill) and no-one else does, then on principle I should at least try even if it isn't officially my job. While my main focus on a damage-with-heals character should be on the damage, throwing a few heals around can't be a bad thing, right?

I feel that if I have the tools to prevent a team-mate's death (and subsequent repair bill) and no-one else does, then on principle I should at least try even if it isn't officially my job. While my main focus on a damage-with-heals character should be on the damage, throwing a few heals around can't be a bad thing, right?

Not a bad thing at all. If you can prevent a group from wiping by tossing out a few heals, small as they are, then yes, assist if you can. If it's inevitable that the group's going to wipe, no point in throwing out heals, just stuck it.

There is a line between supporting a valuable team member and enabling an idiot.

Watched someone die 4 times on trash on VM hammer by solo attacking mobs and packs we had gone past.

Got round to dealing with their garbage after finishing the trash pack or even boss fight we were already doing while they attacked unwarranted trash packs.

I will not spend combat resources on a walking sandbag. I may on very rare occasions heal someone worth healing if it makes more combat sense than letting them die and combat ressing on a 30s CD for a large "heal", repairs are your own responsibility, they don't just happen.

My priority is to complete a VM flashpoint as efficiently as possible while typically "tanking" so someone finding a way to die before me is very likely doing something unhelpful to the groups progress and I won't support that (not to mention offhealing is a massive penalty to me progressing the fight through damage).

Edited by Gyronamics

I can understand getting frustrated with people doing bizarre things.

I think it's because my top 4 characters are 3 healers (Operative, Commando, Sage) and my main Sentinel that I feel the way I do.

I'm the same. I main healer and I just can't not keep an eye on the hp bars and, if possible, try to help out. And if it's just by throwing a battle rez when needed.

That's probably why the two sages yesterday were so strange to me. No off heal required, but brez sure would've helped. I was listing with my 40ish dps Vanguard and we get Maelstrom. Laser eyes still hits like a truck randomly and us low(er) lvls die one after the other. The 75 Sage dps doesn't react to me asking to pick us up and plays hide and seek until he dies as well. His reasoning for not using his brez: He couldn't do it, he had aggro. Eh, not until the end, there was plenty time, but I let it slide. Next try I prompt him when it's safe for him to use it and we make it. No big deal.

Next FP is Kuat. Same Sage, a Shadow and a second Sage. Good, I think. Just in case, there's a back up battle rez. Ha. We get Station Guardian One at the end. The Shadow is kinda camping in the cleave, the adds are more of an afterthought for the Sages and the Shadow dies. Remembering the previous encounter I taunt the boss so there's no aggro on any battle rezzing Sage, just to make sure. No brez. Shadow is a tad rude, but that's still no reason to not pick him up. After a while I die as well. Still no brez. I ask in chat to please, please pick us up. Nothing. We wipe. The Shadow gets in a bit of an argument with the second Sage. I point out as polite as possible that if they'd picked us up we'd already be done and gone. We both get called childish. That Sage leaves, we get a replacement, no one dies even though the remaining Sage makes a point in not using the koltos, but oh well.

Edited by Padabiene

Interesting. I'd never tested using the grappling line to pull a CC'd enemy out of the rest of the enemy group... but then I hardly play my Vanguard or my PT so I know next to nothing about that class.

Yeah, bubbles would've made all the difference, but I don't remember the Sages bubbling themselves, let alone the rest of us.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

They also could have pulled you, which would have dropped your aggro to those turrets.