Crit %

TheBetty

Hi Guys,

I know this is a stupid question but I want to be 100% on the matter before I start the massive remodding and re-augmenting I am about to do.

When you see all Mara builds and specs guides on forums, they state that you want 30% crit unbuffed. I just want to be clear. Are they referring to melee crit or Force/special crit. Obviously your Force/special crit is higher than your melee. I'm just wondering if I can drop a few % points of force crit to stack mass power.

Hi Guys,

I know this is a stupid question but I want to be 100% on the matter before I start the massive remodding and re-augmenting I am about to do.

When you see all Mara builds and specs guides on forums, they state that you want 30% crit unbuffed. I just want to be clear. Are they referring to melee crit or Force/special crit. Obviously your Force/special crit is higher than your melee. I'm just wondering if I can drop a few % points of force crit to stack mass power.

Melee Crit. I suggest at least 35% crit without the smuggler buff though

Ok. So I'll need to boost my crit back up. I just noticed there was another thread going in regards to Crit vs Power. lol I didn't realise it was such an ongoing debate. Reminds me of the ongoing debate of Massacre vs Vicious Slash :p

40% melee crit buffed? That too high I think. Seeing as everything besides assault in a carnage rotation is considered special.

Between the smuggler buff, willpower, and crit chance stacking I am sitting at 44.61% crit chance

It guarantees a crit when I use force potency

It essentially guarantees a crit on my healing trance which makes resource management a breeze and I do not need to use my HoT to increase my chance of crtting on it.

My Sentinel is roughly in the same boat stacking crit chance, surge, and strength. Shes combat spec'd though and crit chance and surge really helps there

Edited by Brittaany_Banks

The prevailing logic for pvp has been to pretty much minimize crit as much as power/surge will allow. 26-7% buffed is pretty standard for a min maxed marauder. The idea is to leverage the benefits of your guaranteed crits as much as possible.

Blah blah blah, about the eleventeenth time I'm making this post.

Crit% is almost irrelevant, as it's dependent on main stat, Crit Rating, and IA buff.

The only component of that worth talking about (because it's the only one you might conceivably remove for something else) is Crit Rating.

123-329 Crit Rating seems to be the window in which you get your greatest benefit, depending on spec and PVP/PVE, and you're basically fine if you're within that window.

If you're over 300ish Crit Rating, you should focus on getting it down.

If you're under 100ish Crit Rating, and you're not primarily a PVPer and spec'd Rage, you should try to get it up a bit. Both Annihilation and Carnage (and Rage in PVE) benefit from some modicum of crit chance, and the ROI on the first 100-120 points is fantastic.

Yeah, the person posting 35% crit unbuffed is flat out wrong.

Crit is one of our least favorable stats since, in each of our builds, there's talents that guarantee crits for one of the main dps abilties we use, thus anything towards crit for those talents is useless.

Anni-Spec: Crit made useless by beserk (which is up quite often)

Carnage: Free crits on Force Scream

Rage: Free crits on Smash

I'm hovering around 28%, fully buffed. I have a whole awesome 85 to my crit rating and I'm stacking Power like a mofo. I'm also using rage spec which gives 15% crit to vic slash and vic throw, 6% to force attacks, and auto-crits to smash so that's probably why I don't stack crit % at all.

So with Anni and Carnage, maybe you can get a couple more percent.

Basically follow this rule:

Accuracy to 100 (110 on specials) --> 75% surge --> 30% unbuffed crit % --> Power

And from everything I've seen it's 1 Str > 1 Power.

Blah blah blah, about the eleventeenth time I'm making this post.

Crit% is almost irrelevant, as it's dependent on main stat, Crit Rating, and IA buff.

The only component of that worth talking about (because it's the only one you might conceivably remove for something else) is Crit Rating.

123-329 Crit Rating seems to be the window in which you get your greatest benefit, depending on spec and PVP/PVE, and you're basically fine if you're within that window.

If you're over 300ish Crit Rating, you should focus on getting it down.

If you're under 100ish Crit Rating, and you're not primarily a PVPer and spec'd Rage, you should try to get it up a bit. Both Annihilation and Carnage (and Rage in PVE) benefit from some modicum of crit chance, and the ROI on the first 100-120 points is fantastic.

The only post in this thread that isn't filled to the brim with ignorance and misunderstanding.