I believe I have created a good cookie cutter Sage healing build.

Haliela

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRrdMdGzZf00zZ0M.1

33/6/2 - PvE Sage Healer

I think that's pretty much the best it can be. Any suggestions?

My build is incredibly similar, 32/7/2; I drop 1 point out of Egress for 1 Point in Telekinetic Defense. 10% Faster Movement should be fine for PvE I am thinking, would rather give someone the extra 10% armor.

My optimal build is exactly the same save for the second point in Egress, I would put that in Telekinetic Defense instead. but either way, pretty much the same. It's a great build. :cool:

I agree, at least until we know more about the raids. And yeah great build :)

My optimal build is exactly the same save for the second point in Egress, I would put that in Telekinetic Defense instead. but either way, pretty much the same. It's a great build. :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion. I did JUST that. Surprised I didn't notice that before! Thanks!

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGbRrdMdGzZf00zZ0M.1

33/6/2 - PvE Sage Healer

I think that's pretty much the best it can be. Any suggestions?

This shows the flaws in the traditional skill tree. I came up with a very similar build (a couple of points difference) as will pretty much every other healer. I think Blizzard did the right thing by doing away with skill trees and focusing on roles (although I don't know the details of that change).

I'm not gonna take Egress at all for raiding unless its for a very specific encounter where I need it.

The trouble is, in the build posted by the OP you lose fully 10% effectiveness on Force Armour - which is one of the most powerful tools in our toolset and which makes us stellar preventative healers.

Losing that for the sake of a talent which might be useful on a few fights but is otherwise pointless doesn't seem like a good tradeoff to me. Plus to get Egress you need to take Valiance, which is an utterly horrendous talent. You shouldn't ever be using Noble Sacrifice outside of Resplendence procs - if you have to then you've got bigger problems, as your force regen is gonna sloooow. With a resplendence proc it doesn't cost HP anyway - making Valiance a pointless waste of 2 talent points.

This is what I'll be using for endgame PvE:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGrRbd0dGzZf00MZoM.1

It gives me more healing received (always nice), 1% less damage taken (again, always nice) and a fully powered up Force Armour.

The cookie cutter build is pretty obvious, but you do have 3 points spare.

2 have to go into the seer tree, but you have a choice between Pain Bearer, Valiance, and Confound and then you have 1 point level over you can put anywhere.

Personally I'm putting that last point into Mind's Eye and getting Pain Bearer for PvP.