Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone

I'd be all in for a blaster rifle for my bounty hunter - it would be awesome.

I see a couple of problems with it though, as some already has mentioned.

First one being the animations being a bit weird, mainly rocket punch though.

Secondly, they'd have to give the empire access to all the blaster rifles that the republic has, which would without a doubt, make people rage over the empire getting a "benefit".

Doubt they will do it any time soon (if at all), but one can always hope. :)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you can search for shotguns on the GTM, but I haven't seen any. (don't know if they actually exist in-game).

But wouldn't that be awesome? SHOTGUNS FOR POWERTECHS!

Shotguns are a scoundrel-only offhand. They rule, but you'd have to basically dismantle and restructure the entire play style for it to work.

Edit: I love the legacy level idea, or perhaps a chain of heroics or something. However BW would have to do that for all classes, cannons for mercs, sniper rifles for slingers, blaster rifles for scoundrels, 2 pistols for snipers, 2 pistols for commandos, vibroknives for scoundrels and shotguns for operatives.

Edited by gunnerforever

Life isn't fair, there is no reason why because BH's get something cosmetic (we are not talking about a gameplay advantage here), Smugglers should get the same treatment. By your logic Jedi Guardians should have access to the Darth Vader-like masks and black armour just because Sith Warriors do.

In the movies you see smugglers using Pistols. Thus in TOR they use pistols...In the movies you see Bounty Hunters using Blaster Rifles and Pistols. Thus in TOR they should be able to equip Blaster Rifles and Pistols.

What? This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. BH use pistols. Troopers get rifles. You want a rifle? Roll your whining face a vanguard trooper. You want a giant cannon? Ok. Roll your face a commando trooper. You want a dwarf? Roll your face back to WoW. Like you said... Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

What I read from this is basically as such: Powertechs need blaster rifles. Ok... so what about mercs and those abilities that require two blasters? Carbines are actually what the trooper vanguard is using. He even references it in his **** talk. Since we're asking, I'd like my vanguard troopers equivalent to rocket punch not be him hitting a target in the face with the butt of the gun. its fairly lame compared to the BH. Maybe an energy bayonet? I'd also like not to have to be a pyro user when the bounty hunter obviously gets such a better looking set of attacks with it. I mean... come on, double flame throwing tornadoes? Jeez! I've got a dual wielding merc, but I will say that the pistols really are fine. Leave it alone! Unless you're going to give everyone what they want.

im ok with the blaster, although it does look alittle puny sometimes.

I'd like a ****** blade on the other side.. like the retractable blade.. but not retracted! then it still free's your hand for you generator and is a cool additon to the powertech look.

I am hoping we get rifles soon, I think it is sad that everyone is limited in their choice of weapons, all classes should have at least 2 different weapon sets to choose from.

The animations are already in the game and so are the weapons(Aim rifles) so there is no reason for the BH not to get the ability to use a rifle.

I'd be content with having pistol models that are actually big freakin' hand-cannons. The "Heavy Armor with the Derringer" look just isn't working for me.

Seriously now! Why do some of the tank stat commendation/token weapons look like something my wife would carry in her purse?

I'd be content with having pistol models that are actually big freakin' hand-cannons. The "Heavy Armor with the Derringer" look just isn't working for me.

Seriously now! Why do some of the tank stat commendation/token weapons look like something my wife would carry in her purse?

Is your wife a tank? :p

I think they made a stupid mistake having the agents use rifles, and the smugglers use pistols.

Troopers use rifles, and Bounty Hunters use pistols. I guess the devs saw Jango Fett and thought oh he is the only BH ever in Star Wars!!! Give me a break...

To people spouting about Boba Fett, while true that he used a rifle in the movies, in numerous comics he is however often times using a single pistol.

And you can't have one over the other. If we got rifles, then agents would have to get Pistols. And same for Troopers.. except over at the republic side Smugglers would have to get access to assault cannons aswell. It would just create un-necessary gear-spread and problems. Pistols are fine.

To people spouting about Boba Fett, while true that he used a rifle in the movies, in numerous comics he is however often times using a single pistol.

And you can't have one over the other. If we got rifles, then agents would have to get Pistols. And same for Troopers.. except over at the republic side Smugglers would have to get access to assault cannons aswell. It would just create un-necessary gear-spread and problems. Pistols are fine.

Hmm, Gunslinger with a BFG... wait, TWO BFG's since they dual wield! :p

I'd be all in for a blaster rifle for my bounty hunter - it would be awesome.

I see a couple of problems with it though, as some already has mentioned.

First one being the animations being a bit weird, mainly rocket punch though.

Secondly, they'd have to give the empire access to all the blaster rifles that the republic has, which would without a doubt, make people rage over the empire getting a "benefit".

Doubt they will do it any time soon (if at all), but one can always hope. :)

lol what?! holding ur rifle with ur right hand(wich is also your trigger hand) while punching with ur left hand seems more odd to you then a merc who punches with the pistols barrel right threw the targets skull?!?!?

PLS GIVE US RIFLES!!!

lol what?! holding ur rifle with ur right hand(wich is also your trigger hand) while punching with ur left hand seems more odd to you then a merc who punches with the pistols barrel right threw the targets skull?!?!?

PLS GIVE US RIFLES!!!

Roll a trooper then.