Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone

i dont think anyone can use the excuse "itll make us too much like troopers" - seeing as the classes are already IDENTICAL skill for skill.

if blaster rifles put the nail in that coffin then so be it. i would rather die with a real weapon than a peashooter!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy solution...

make it a legacy talent say you need legacy 15 or whatever for your BH to use a rifle lol

Pure gold, id go for that...at least this Bioware.

Remember folks, this is more about cosmetics than functionality, whether or not a pistol is more effective than a rifle in realistic combat or not holds little weight here.

Edited by Thargrim

Look, if you think that a powertech should use a rifle then you are stupid. The blaster dose the same damage but lets you use rockets and flamethrowers. If you used a rifle all that would be more time consuming. You would put down the rifle and use the rocket then pick it up. That sucks! Jango was fine with a pistol and he killed a lot of people. Boba killed a lot too but did not have the gadgets Jango had. This is because he had to use a rifle and not a pistol.

Duh:p

For what it's worth, I think the reason Bounty Hunters use pistols is for the sake of their animation.

Bounty Hunters have many animations that use some sort of device on one arm. But the blaster rifle models in game are two-handed weapons. The first time I watched a video of a trooper holding a blaster I saw why the Bounty Hunter doesn't use one.

Since a pistol is a one-handed weapon, it's easy for the weapon model to stay in the BH's hand while using a flamethrower, or a railshot, or a missile blast. But a blaster rifle wouldn't work the same. The BH would constantly be putting his hand back on the gun again in between animations, and that would end up looking kinda silly. The other alternative would be to have it holster whenever you use an ability, but that looks dumb too.

I realize the obvious response to this is just let us hold a rifle in one-hand, but the reality is the models just aren't designed to be held like that. Even in a game with space travel and lasers, there has to be an internal consistency, and unfortunately, that wouldn't work so well.

All that said, I think it would be cooler to use a Blaster Rifle, but I don't think it's gonna happen for the above reasons (at least not for a long while).

Look, if you think that a powertech should use a rifle then you are stupid. The blaster dose the same damage but lets you use rockets and flamethrowers. If you used a rifle all that would be more time consuming. You would put down the rifle and use the rocket then pick it up. That sucks! Jango was fine with a pistol and he killed a lot of people. Boba killed a lot too but did not have the gadgets Jango had. This is because he had to use a rifle and not a pistol.

correction, Boba's armor had quite a few gadgets built into it.

I think our BHs are badarse enough to hold a blaster rifle or carbine with one hand, while pointing their left arm at the target for a missile launch...it can happen.

Look, if you think that a powertech should use a rifle then you are stupid. The blaster does the same damage but lets you use rockets and flamethrowers. If you used a rifle all that would be more time consuming. You would put down the rifle and use the rocket then pick it up. That sucks! Jango was fine with a pistol and he killed a lot of people. Boba killed a lot too but did not have the gadgets Jango had. This is because he had to use a rifle and not a pistol.

Re-arrange the words a bit and use a couple more than once.

That's a good idea! On the flip side, just make blaster rifles one-handed if they aren't already (from a game mechanics perspective) because only certain advanced classes can use them anyway and none of them dual-wield.

Khm, no need. Look at the Vanguards, they use rifle and shield generator as offhand. The only thing is needed to give rifle proficiency to PT and duplicate the pvp/pve blasters as rifles (same stats).

I think our BHs are badarse enough to hold a blaster rifle or carbine with one hand, while pointing their left arm at the target for a missile launch...it can happen.

Vanguards hold their rifle one handed during grenade drop or other non rifle operations, so it would not be so hard to do the same with PTs.

Really? Have you seen how Vanguards operate with their rifle? You should check it then you would not say such stupid things.

Or even I tried that I gave a rifle to my Commando, then start dropping grenades, it held the rifle in the right hand and dropped the grenades with left hand with no problem. Grenade drops equals to rocket lunching from wrist or flame throwing etc. I don't see a problem.

For what it's worth, I think the reason Bounty Hunters use pistols is for the sake of their animation.

Bounty Hunters have many animations that use some sort of device on one arm. But the blaster rifle models in game are two-handed weapons. The first time I watched a video of a trooper holding a blaster I saw why the Bounty Hunter doesn't use one.

Since a pistol is a one-handed weapon, it's easy for the weapon model to stay in the BH's hand while using a flamethrower, or a railshot, or a missile blast. But a blaster rifle wouldn't work the same. The BH would constantly be putting his hand back on the gun again in between animations, and that would end up looking kinda silly. The other alternative would be to have it holster whenever you use an ability, but that looks dumb too.

I realize the obvious response to this is just let us hold a rifle in one-hand, but the reality is the models just aren't designed to be held like that. Even in a game with space travel and lasers, there has to be an internal consistency, and unfortunately, that wouldn't work so well.

All that said, I think it would be cooler to use a Blaster Rifle, but I don't think it's gonna happen for the above reasons (at least not for a long while).

You are the only one here that makes sense.

I find it funny that troopers have a pistol visible on thier person or actually use a pistol in some cutscenes, but cant use it in actual combat.

I can see why the limited it, but honestly think that it should be changed. I mean cmon Jengo Fett used pistols while Boba Fett didnt. And operatives? This aint MW3. Theres a reason for the pistol at close range.

Edited by Hamibal

Totally agree.. implent rifle or Carbine atleast for PT.. Looks abit goofy with just one small gun.. since guns are not big either... Rifles are in the BH lore and cant see why Bioware choosed to walk away from it.. Just to make a small ex about Boba fett the movie icon and BH etc etc Rifle not gun so i dont get it really hehe.. Naa time to unlock the Rifle carbine for BH powertechs... Mercs i understand the DPS with two guns etc etc looks nice but one gun.. naaa not really.. Great game that could be even better.. kind regards