The typical kind of player we have to carry in wz's

agape_

I for one admire that the guy is actually enjoying the game as intended. Yes there is plenty of room for improvement but at least he knows the basics of the objectives, more than I can say for many players in our server. I'm sorry but you're just being an a-hole about it by trying to put the poor guy on the spot. If it bothers you THAT much, then don't queue for random WZs when you know you will be getting inadequate players sometimes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like that don't bother me. He doesn't pretend that he's amazing. He's thanking you (and the healers) repeatedly throughout the video. He knows he's getting carried and he's enjoying himself in an unranked pvp match. Had this guy been typing in chat like he was amazing, then sure, make fun of him, but I mean come on - this dude is just having fun.

Shout out to the healers of that match for keeping him on his feet because of that he had an crazy amount of fun. If anything this video encourages me as a healer to make an extra effort on some of the "unknown" pvpers on the Harbinger. Good Job Smilies, Kieracamron and Duchiss for keeping him up and giving him the opportunity to create a video to be proud of. /cheer!

People like that don't bother me. He doesn't pretend that he's amazing. He's thanking you (and the healers) repeatedly throughout the video. He knows he's getting carried and he's enjoying himself in an unranked pvp match. Had this guy been typing in chat like he was amazing, then sure, make fun of him, but I mean come on - this dude is just having fun.

This a million times - guys like this are awesome and fun. Now I'm on the lookout and hope I see him on my team. :)

Hay everyone, So this is Harthar. :)

Glad you all are enjoying my video, though obviously for different reasons. I'm a little disheartened though that it was brought to the forums to show the mistakes I've made/am making to whole server in an attempt to give me a bad name. Especially when I am always making an effort in each match that I play to do the best I can for the team rather than myself. I have great respect for the healers in that match and every match before and since which is why I made sure to not only credit them in the notes of that video, but many times during the video and even in game whenever I see them.

I honestly had thought that saying hello to the ascendancy guys was harmless and, if anything, was just a show of their pvp reputation. I had not thought it would result in me being potentially flamed for it.

But anyways, it doesn't matter. To those who have stuck up for me; you have my thanks and yes, I am enjoying myself immensely! That is, after all, the whole purpose of these games. To enjoy ourselves. I am indeed interesting in some coaching and in an attempt to find that I've joined a new guild (as many may notice in later vids). I would love it if anyone approached me and offered to give me some pointers, couch me, or even just to tag along and have fun in pvp or pve, I'm really easy and just doing it for fun and to provide some laughs and fun times for others as well.

To those who were, lets put it nicely and say, not as conductive of a positive approach (:p); I'm truly sorry that you feel that way and I hope that you have fun targeting me in the future! Heh.

Well, that is it for me anyways. Have fun everyone!

Glad you all are enjoying my video, though obviously for different reasons. I'm a little disheartened though that it was brought to the forums to show the mistakes I've made/am making to whole server in an attempt to give me a bad name. Especially when I am always making an effort in each match that I play to do the best I can for the team rather than myself. I have great respect for the healers in that match and every match before and since which is why I made sure to not only credit them in the notes of that video, but many times during the video and even in game whenever I see them.

I honestly had thought that saying hello to the ascendancy guys was harmless and, if anything, was just a show of their pvp reputation. I had not thought it would result in me being potentially flamed for it.

But anyways, it doesn't matter. To those who have stuck up for me; you have my thanks and yes, I am enjoying myself immensely! That is, after all, the whole purpose of these games. To enjoy ourselves. I am indeed interesting in some coaching and in an attempt to find that I've joined a new guild (as many may notice in later vids). I would love it if anyone approached me and offered to give me some pointers, couch me, or even just to tag along and have fun in pvp or pve, I'm really easy and just doing it for fun and to provide some laughs and fun times for others as well.

To those who were, lets put it nicely and say, not as conductive of a positive approach (:p); I'm truly sorry that you feel that way and I hope that you have fun targeting me in the future! Heh.

As long as you have the "want" to improve, you will get better. I can say that I was once a far worse player than the player in that video. Just don't give up and don't ever think that you know everything there is to know about your class. Someone may come along and give you a tip about something that you never even thought of.

And the fact that you come on these forums and admit that you would like some coaching is a big plus in my books. Maybe in the future, you will be that guy that everybody says, "KILL HATHAR, EVERYONE ON HATHAR"

I just wish I could have as much fun at pvping as you do! I get so frustrated. Anyways, I still find myself laughing throughout the day at "Hey smuggler, QUIT smuggling!" =)

Keep having that desire to get better, and you will go far my friend!

Dont worry man, the OP is a genuine dick.

Yeah man, whatever the OP's original intention, I think you came out of this with a reputation as a good guy, and with a lot of good PvPers actually wanting to help you get better.

Just keep doing your thing.

I admire your character and your enthusiasm and wish you the best dude.

Also there is a thread designed for helping PvPers that wanna get mentored here...http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=572087

I applaud you, bro.. For the record, the only thing I took from your video was the feeling that there's hope for this game. As long as there are people having as much fun as you appear to be having, then we're in good shape. Stay positive, homie.

Edited by T-Roach

I applaud you, bro.. For the record, the only thing I took from your video was the feeling that there's hope for this game. As long as there are people having as much fun as you appear to be having, then we're in good shape. Stay positive, homie.

aegis is the best <3

aegis called me weak then laughed at me after killing me lol, i told him i dont care what he thinks is weak, i should have ended that sentence with " but i wish u the best" in a nice way :) , i prob shouldnt call peeps out on boards, takes away space to grow, ill do it this one time (hopefully) :) maybe his comment to me was all in fun, rping, i dunno, whateva :) Edited by TrueEquality