Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?

Azrienov

you need to be able to get defender medals, for guarding it

and yes i could see the empire and republic fighting over some sort of super weapon but not like this

Exactly. Spent the whole last match defending the pylon and I got a grand total of two medals for that agonizing match. Zero defender medals, one attacker medal and one for damage. That's bullcrap any way you slice it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I wanted to clarify that we are aware that defensive medals are not being granted to players defending pylons. Thanks to your reports, we will be adding this to our Known Issues list and working on a fix for this in a future patch. Thank you for your patience.

Yeah it's too bad something as subtle as no defender medals didnt show up in their internal testing or metrics, since they clearly dont care bout the PTS.

Lame cap n hold wz that nonsensically favours shadows/assassins AGAIN, and as a bonus, is apparently a straight up copy from another (failed) game...

/whatever. Terrible wz.

Edited by Polebreaker

Is it just me or does the respawn take FOREVER?

You die and sit behind the door for sooo long, I have not timed it but it feels like you are there forever, and even then you have a nice long run to anywhere the action is.

The concept is interesting, a little bit different with the explosion part but yet another WZ that completely favors great movement speed.

I wish there was a more "storming the castle" type WZ, but of course that would be too complicated or imbalanced or something blah blah.

Are you people on crack? It's the best warzone Bioware has come up with and it is the best for 1 reason alone. "You get punished severely for being a stupid ****."

*The map is even. It takes the same amount of time to get from the spawn to each pilon as it does for the enemy faction.

*You can't see how many people are going to each node until you are committed to taking a side.

*Holding 2 pilons is always better than holding 1 and trafficing orbs or landing kills. Taking 2 pilons is not easy. You can also take 1 pilon and then attack their pilon and stall their cap for the entire round by playing smart. This also can blow up in your face especially if you are severely outnumbered.

*People can solo defend a node from 1 attacker by standing a good distance away from the pilon. 1 stealth can take the node from you with ease if you are standing right next to the node.

*The round resets periodically re-balancing the fight.. The strongest team can lose at any point if they **** up.

I totally agree. Too many people are whining just because they feel they should.. It's a fun warzone, more of those please.

First map that is great for mercenaries. In the middle when we all get the power orbs, the enemies are sitting ducks for aoe attacks like fusion missile, Death from Above, and sweeping blasters. It also has secret hallways on the sides great for ambushing lone jedi without the pesky interference of other ones. And of course, its a really fun warzone. Other ones need teamwork and skill, but this one in particular is cool, seeing it has multiple aspects to it, not just fighting over the same objective for ten minutes. And for those guard the pylons, well, they have to run for their life every few minutes after they are full. All in all, a good warzone.

I totally agree. Too many people are whining just because they feel they should.. It's a fun warzone, more of those please.

Not really. The map is designed for the brainless and is nothing more than a stun/root/smash fest in the middle. If I get this map up, I leave straight way. Not worthy of my time and I cant believe how something like not giving medals for defending was 'missed' by the QA department.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Not really. The map is designed for the brainless and is nothing more than a stun/root/smash fest in the middle. If I get this map up, I leave straight way. Not worthy of my time and I cant believe how something like not giving medals for defending was 'missed' by the QA department.

After having played it for about 12 times now it doesn't really grow on me. I rather have voidstar pop and I hate that warzone most of the time. Definitely not worth my time when pugging and doubt it when premading too.

I agree, tons of fun.

I really like the new WZ. It's a ton of fun, and a good change of pace from the other 4.

My only hang-up is the voice-overs. I haven't played the imperial side, but the republic Jedi Master sounds ridiculous, as do the explosions at the end of the match when you win.

I hope at least the explosions may be updated. They sound like a 90s arcade game, really cheap compared to the other zones.

Regarding defensive medals: all content that is being released is bugged. Period. They just do not have the resources to make the game as they should, or don't care. It's ridiculous a WZ is bugged for defensive medals. How did that not get noticed?!!

Edited by arunav

Is it just me or does the respawn take FOREVER?

You die and sit behind the door for sooo long, I have not timed it but it feels like you are there forever, and even then you have a nice long run to anywhere the action is.

The concept is interesting, a little bit different with the explosion part but yet another WZ that completely favors great movement speed.

I wish there was a more "storming the castle" type WZ, but of course that would be too complicated or imbalanced or something blah blah.

I fraps my games regularly. Timed the respawn for guildies complaining of the same thing. The full lock-out timer was 30 seconds.

It appears as if the principle design of this warzone is a deathmatch. If you always hold your pillar and the other team always holds theirs it becomes a DPS race in middle. Death hurts in this one.

When I first saw a video of it from the PTS I thought it was somewhat like capture the flag and I was pretty hyped for it. To bad once I played it I found out that it's a glorified death match with near meaningless objectives. The orbs in the center are more or less pointless and you can completely ignore them and still win. Killing needs to give less points and actually capturing the orbs needs to have a bigger impact. The map would actually make a decent CTF map but oh well.

I'll be honest i only read the first couple pages of this post and here is my thoughts on the new WZ.

I agree this is the worst WZ to be released to date yet it is the best one to play in. Where the DEvs went wrong is releasing this WZ in the random maps que. What makes the map good is the complexity of the map and the many ways it can be won. What makes the map bad is the complexity of the map and its many ways to win. That being said this map should only be in the Ranked PvP que not the genral random PvP que,

I only Que solo for PvP and usually i know before the map starts weather the team will win or lose, The amount of team tactics it takes to win the map make it fail beyond all accounts for random que. I have noticed since the release many people are just Queing for PvP to get WZ comms and get the gear they couldn't get before. So now we have an in-fluxe of people that 1) are under-geared 2) think that because the got some WH gear now they are good.

good example was in a Huttball match

"hey I'll grab the ball just heal me and go to the end zone"

"Dude you only have 102 expertise, your not even a speed-bump"

unfortunately the above example is more common then uncommon