New "Bounty Hunter Event" isn't BH-exclusive?

Terin

I really hate coming off as one of those people that complains about everything, but... shouldn't a "Bounty Hunter Event" be exclusive to the Class for which it is named; Bounty Hunters? Perhaps it is BH-only, I'm merely going by a few screenshots which seemed to showcase a Gunslinger fighting an enemy, which sort of implied that this event will be open to all players.

Granted, we have next to zero information on what this new Event entails, and I have no idea how much content is actually being added. However, it seems to sort of undermine the entirety of the Role-Playing aspect to have a literal Bounty Hunter class that isn't any more inclined to hunt bounties than a Jedi or Trooper would.

Again, though; I could be reading the situation entirely incorrectly. This is purely an assumption gleaned from a handful of screenshots, which themselves aren't even indicative of the final product. Still, it seems like something that could be potentially devastating to the immersion of the game, so I thought it worth bringing up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes let us put time and resources into an event that only 1/8th of the classes can do.

makes total sense!

and no "well they can make one for each class" isn't valid nor cost-prohibitive.

besides..we don't know how much sense the even will actually make for the rest of the classes to be doing...until..wait for it...we friggin know what it's about

yes let us put time and resources into an event that only 1/8th of the classes can do.

makes total sense!

and no "well they can make one for each class" isn't valid nor cost-prohibitive.

besides..we don't know how much sense the even will actually make for the rest of the classes to be doing...until..wait for it...we friggin know what it's about

Well, it doesn't serve anybody to reserve a voice of concern until it's already too late to do anything about it. I agree, it's probably not feasible to have an event based around every Class. However, I think it's hugely important to keep in mind that Bounty Hunters are, in fact, a Class unto themselves, and my knee-jerk concern is whether or not having an event in which everybody becomes a Bounty Hunter will leave the actual Class feeling kind of pointless.

It's a Bounty Hunter event but that doesn't mean that it couldn't affect the rest of the classes.

We don't know what their role will be. My guess is that although we will all probably end up doing the same or similar things, the reasons why we are doing them will be different. Kind of like the HK-51 questline.

But no, they shouldn't spend their time creating individual events for each class. That way 1 of the 8 classes could end up seeing an event of its own, in 3 years.

Well, it doesn't serve anybody to reserve a voice of concern until it's already too late to do anything about it. I agree, it's probably not feasible to have an event based around every Class. However, I think it's hugely important to keep in mind that Bounty Hunters are, in fact, a Class unto themselves, and my knee-jerk concern is whether or not having an event in which everybody becomes a Bounty Hunter will leave the actual Class feeling kind of pointless.

how would it make them pointless..more so than they already would be?

sure you go on some bounty hunts during the class story..but in the end you just end up...basically an imperial trooper..that just happens to not have to really answer to the rank structure.

There already is no "bounty hunting" in SW for "bounty hunters" to do...so..again...how could it possibly make things any different than they already are for your imperial troo..I mean bounty hunter?

Last time I checked, there were several quests throughout the game where an NPC says, "Hey, there is a bounty on this guy. You should go kill him and claim the reward." These quests are doable by everyone. Therefor, even though there is a specific class called Bounty Hunter, everyone is a bounty hunter. The Bounty Hunter class just does it for a living while it is a hobby for everyone else.

I really hate coming off as one of those people that complains about everything, but... shouldn't a "Bounty Hunter Event" be exclusive to the Class for which it is named; Bounty Hunters?

Did you take part in the Chevin Event? Were you Chevin?

Did you take part in the Gree Event? Are you Gree?

So... Why should the Bounty Hunter Event be only for Bounty Hunters and not simply centered around Bounty Hunters?

But every player could still run the event, even if it was limited to 1/8th of the classes.

In fact, it may be a good way for them to make more money!

"New event for Bounty Hunters only! What? Don't have a BH leveled up? Then buy these items from the Cartel Market to get a BH leveled up fast!"

But every player could still run the event, even if it was limited to 1/8th of the classes.

In fact, it may be a good way for them to make more money!

"New event for Bounty Hunters only! What? Don't have a BH leveled up? Then buy these items from the Cartel Market to get a BH leveled up fast!"

lol

yeah, because the community has already shown how happy they are when they feel "forced" to do something they don't want to do :rolleyes:

lol

yeah, because the community has already shown how happy they are when they feel "forced" to do something they don't want to do :rolleyes:

I didn't say I thought it was a wise move. But then, I haven't thought a lot of their CM choices have been wise moves.

They are calling it a bounty hunter event, because it's your role throughout the event kindda, it isnt for the bounty hunter class exclusively, imagine that. As for the official name of the event, I have reason to believe it will be called Hutt Space Navigators, because of the reputation of the same name, and will like include a good deal of action on Nar Shadaa. Edited by ChrisMattar

Makes about as much sense as a gay bar only allowing gay people, or a country club only allowing rich white folks, or an artist festival only allowing artists. Events like this are named for the group it represents, not the mandated exclusivity of that group. Like not celebrating St Patty's Day or Oktoberfest if you are neither Irish nor German. Kinda silly that you would even make a stink about it.

LOL! You honestly thought this would be an even specific to one single class??? NEVER will that happen...ever!

A good percentage of Bounty hunters are extremely whiny and come with a massive sense of entitlement, just like they were in SWG.

I don't get to manage the Empire's affairs despite being on the Dark Council. Does that make my Sorc pointless?

Edited by Caelrie

A good percentage of Bounty hunters are extremely whiny and come with a massive sense of entitlement, just like they were in SWG.

LOOOOOOL.

I remember when SOE made it hard to team up on bounties and many of the hunters with lower capabilities for ingenuity were forced to go one-on-one with their bounties.

Lots of forum rage.

I really hate coming off as one of those people that complains about everything, but... shouldn't a "Bounty Hunter Event" be exclusive to the Class for which it is named; Bounty Hunters?

omg... NO! or are you so shortsighted and literally say... screw all you other classes and agents... you bloody know you'll get YOUR event 2020.... :rolleyes:

LOOOOOOL.

I remember when SOE made it hard to team up on bounties and many of the hunters with lower capabilities for ingenuity were forced to go one-on-one with their bounties.

Lots of forum rage.

I remember Jedi tears all over the forum about perma death and pretty much everything else what prevented them from becoming a Jedi Master because... for the sole purpose of stupid luck they should be rewared with the strongest class in the game which can take literally 10 people on with no problems.

I remember Jedi tears all over the forum about perma death and pretty much everything else what prevented them from becoming a Jedi Master because... for the sole purpose of stupid luck they should be rewared with the strongest class in the game which can take literally 10 people on with no problems.

SWG would have been better off had they never entertained the idea of letting ANYONE be a Jedi. I loved playing the common pilot, merchant or soldier. There was no need for super-humans.