Jumping....feels bad man

thekillerbean

Dear premade fancy lads

As you dominate WZs, must you also jump around like kangaroos? As my toon lays dead, to see you jumping around, feels bad man.

Please stop the jumping!

Please stop the jumping!

PLEASE STOP THE JUMPING!

Yours truly,

J.P. Butternubs

It really is annoying. I actually hope their spacebar gets jammed after getting tapped a lot. That way they can no longer jump.

That won't work because lots of classes have leap abilities. Lots of these abilities work better if you are leaping before you activate it. Also there are a lot of keyboard turners and mouse clickers. These people often jump to turn quicker so they can stay on the keybind, mouse turners who can turn on a dime. Lastly, people also jump and turn to keep that pesky operative from being directly behind them.

Dear premade fancy lads

As you dominate WZs, must you also jump around like kangaroos? As my toon lays dead, to see you jumping around, feels bad man.

Please stop the jumping!

Please stop the jumping!

PLEASE STOP THE JUMPING!

Yours truly,

J.P. Butternubs

In other games, jumping actually gives them an advantage because it can make other players abilities miss as the server is trying to keep up with there positioning. Lots of these people just keep playing the same no matter what game they're in.

Does it help in this game? I'm on the fence with this one. I've been told it doesn't and I've been told it does. I don't do it myself and I haven't played any other games this works in for over 15 years. My experince in playing these people is it sometimes seems to work for them. Maybe it's just coincidence that I miss abilities more regularly against them or not.

I can say I find it funny when healers do it. They expose themselves over and around LoS positions and are also much easier to see. I also have to question the use of jumpin people whose main abilities aren't instant activation. It must gimp any classes that has activation times on their main abilities.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I have heard that with this game jumping forces the server to update your position, so jumping in pvp can actually help you opponent as your position is being updated and relayed to your opponent more quickly. Edited by tcgtqu

Even if it has some benefit in this game then jump when it has benefit not 100% of the time. I would be willing to bet money a good portion of jumpers just consumed massive energy drinks and are spun out of their minds......

Operatives can just stick you in place (unable to turn) anyway so eh...and every second they are off target they have ranged abilities and are healing themselves.....likely you still die a Jackrabbit.

Edited by Soljin

No, the fancy lads jump around incessantly because either they are giddy with excitement that they are stomping pugs and they think they're sooo good, or to clown people. Like, "Hey, look at me! You can't kill me because of my two sorc healers, haha! And it's the type of HA HA! Nelson from the Simpsons would do. Feels bad man. It makes me want to log out, and eat Crunch Berries and watch Powerpuff Girls.

I agree it's annoying when not fighting. However, it is true that there is something to the jumping being beneficial. In PVE, if I'm standing in a circle but move out before the "impact" I found I was STILL getting hit by it. This would often result in the "pros" yelling for "standing in stupid" even though I was clearly outside of the circle upon impact. Someone in the PVP forum brought this jumping thing up in the past and someone else suggested it actually updates your location faster than running does.

Sure enough, I started jumping out of the circles instead of running and it did indeed result in never getting hit by the "impact". So while there is truth to that (and what a strange and counterintuitive way to punish players who don't know the game isn't smart enough to register you are actually outside of a circle or not), it's still very annoying seeing people jumping all over the place for ZERO reason whatsoever outside of battle.

It's a lot more annoying when I get stuck on the same team as these spaz-cases and I'm waiting for the WZ to start while they are jumping back and forth.

I do this a lot.

Being stuck at spawn is no fun, I'm impatient.

I dont think it helps as much as in some games. However, you do get benefit of kbs knocking you straight up and lets face it is more fun to a lot of ppl. Have you ever watched two kb turners just stand there and click abilities, that just makes me want to alt-f4.

I hop around in pvp when I get bored which is most of the time these days.

I don't see the problem with it. I think its funny when people get annoyed because there is no reason to be annoyed lol.

I'm more annoyed with mostly immobile 1-2 snipers who can be healed by 2-3 healers while wrecking my team apart. :D

Edited by Glower