Worth going back to do Planet Arc Storys?

FierceJesus

I'm currently in my yearly return to SWTOR and I'm debating on creating a new toon in order to run the main story and planet story arcs. I can't remember, are they worth doing? Also I've tried looking through the achievements but found no answer. Is there any achievements that can be earned by completing each planets story arc? I didn't seem to find any.

I'm currently in my yearly return to SWTOR and I'm debating on creating a new toon in order to run the main story and planet story arcs. I can't remember, are they worth doing? Also I've tried looking through the achievements but found no answer. Is there any achievements that can be earned by completing each planets story arc? I didn't seem to find any.

I don't believe there are any achievements for completing all of the planetary story arcs, however, doing those may help you get closer to earning other achievements, i.e. killing so many of certain NPCs. I find them worth doing because I like getting some of the titles that come from completing the arcs (Revanite, Black Bisector, etc.).

There are other things - besides achievements, that is - to value about the planetary story arcs. The Revanite arc on DK, for example (Sandor has moved to stand next to the Wall taxi point), has an effect on the dialogue options available during Forged Alliances.

And each arc is its own self-contained story (or series of vaguely-linked stories) that you might enjoy. (One of the highlights of the Impside arcs is Balmorra on a male character. The scope for interactions with Darth Lachris is ... epic.)

Alderaan for the Paladin title, Pub side. Plus, I just love the planet, it's gorgeous.

Belsavis for Dread Master story pre-Oricon on Imp.

Taris Imp side for Thana Vesh.

Taris Pub side was sort of sweet though it had everyone's favorite politician.

Voss for the datacron and to have your character's prophecy read.

Balmorra for both Imp and Pub; Pub for the title after bonus series(?), Imp for Lachris :)

They're really good to back and do if I'm just hanging out and well voice acted. I normally redo them to get perspective on what I can play with RP-wise. Maybe I'm doing a flashback to a decade ago during the Cold War and want to reference hearing something about a Czerka site in the Dune Sea driving people mad but leaving it as a rumor for a Pub toon. Ya know?

• 3 weeks later...