After playing both AC.

DarthWalt

I feel they really missed the point with these AC.

This was the class based around Palp or Maul and frankly I dont feel it.

1. Sorcs is not even close to palp. If you go sorc you have 0.0 melee ablity and I am sorry Papl strieght up whooped 4 master jedi *** without a single force ligjting sparked. So simply because Palp used force ligting and sorc use force lighting that the relation?

2. Assassin is lame tank or dps it just lame. Maul moved with flair he didnt stand there and poke at people.

I just dont see it we give a class a duel bladed saber and call it the drath maul class. We give a class force lighting and call it the palp class.

I must say after 6 lvl 50s and 10 total toons SI is the lamest class in the game over all. Poor story lame comps and effects that make you just wana cry.

Opinion is just that. I feel both AC's are done pretty well imo. As a sorc you have abilities to gain and keep distance so I see no issue with not being able to melee. It would be nice but then we wouldn't feel different to other classes. As an assassin the tanking is still great after the healing nerf. DPS as an assassin is good as well.

I felt the story to be great myself. You may not like it but hey that's your right.

Just another thought OP, you are being entirely too defensive of your position. You have the right to have whatever opinion you feel but it's just that. If other people don't agree it isn't flaming you it's just disagreeing.

Also I wonder if you understand the meaning of "based upon". Have you ever seen a movie that was based upon someone's life that was entirely factual? The answer is no. While they try to keep true to the nature the director, writer etc all have a vision of the end product and it is never 100% factual. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

Also just how far did you get in the Assassin story? I only ask because once you start to get up in the levels your moves start to look much more fluid, acrobatic and are also somewhat dependent on your spec.

Edited by Scovina

Just another thought OP, you are being entirely too defensive of your position. You have the right to have whatever opinion you feel but it's just that. If other people don't agree it isn't flaming you it's just disagreeing.

Also I wonder if you understand the meaning of "based upon". Have you ever seen a movie that was based upon someone's life that was entirely factual? The answer is no. While they try to keep true to the nature the director, writer etc all have a vision of the end product and it is never 100% factual. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

Also just how far did you get in the Assassin story? I only ask because once you start to get up in the levels your moves start to look much more fluid, acrobatic and are also somewhat dependent on your spec.

Deception gets more flashy moves, but mostly you won't see "movie" fight like say in the "return" "betrayed" and "hope" cinematics (or I'm rerolling a shadow and blocking lightsabers with my bare hands ASAP)

Tank spec and madness go for force attack, and aint very melee oriented. Darth maul archetype is a mix between a marauder and an assassin in this game. The closest thing assassin have to him is...well Seethe.

For the rest, spam the basic attack versus someone who does as well. If you use it as a finishing move on an elite, you'll sometime get a cool looking spin to it.

But writing off an whole class as "lame" kinda brought up the sarcasm roll.

So OP, Flaming? Not really. But don't expect a serious reply either when you fly into a rage against an whole class because the cinematics "are disappointing" or that sorc is a ranged dps and therefore lacks decent melee abilities.

Most people agree sorc should have some more use for lightsaber, but not in the "facerolling actual melee class with it" way, but in the "give thrash a force effect that roots/snare/proc" depending on the point of view, more in the "help keep melee at bay" part.

But TOR =\= SW movie.

I certainly never saw palpatine heal Vader fighting Luke, or Han Solo pop stealth.

Deception gets more flashy moves, but mostly you won't see "movie" fight like say in the "return" "betrayed" and "hope" cinematics (or I'm rerolling a shadow and blocking lightsabers with my bare hands ASAP)

True enough but really what does everyone expect to see, cinematic style game play like the cut scenes? I mean it would be sweet but we aren't quite there yet.

Edited by Scovina

True enough but really what does everyone expect to see, cinematic style game play like the cut scenes? I mean it would be sweet but we aren't quite there yet.

Actually I'd like to see the dismay on those "bunnies" in PvP to be locked in a cinematic :D

But yah, movie style applies rather badly to MMOs. I for one have no idea how it could even begin to work in such a setup.