Color Crystals

Aradesh

Hello everyone, I wonder from where low level characters gets purple/orange/double-colored and others specific color crystals? Is it craftable with Artifice at low levels?

P.S. I don't think it's from GTN.

I think I saw some of them in Cartel market. Other than that it could be FPs, OPs, dailies or some other way of questing. But can't be sure as I only use basic color crystals.

Hello everyone, I wonder from where low level characters gets purple/orange/double-colored and others specific color crystals? Is it craftable with Artifice at low levels?

To my knowledge, there is no way that a non-level 50 character can get a Cyan or Purple color crystal. I could be wrong. Orange crystals I believe can come from sabers brought with credits, planet commendations, or dropped from flashpoints. As far as double colored crystals for non-50's go, you can get a Pink-Purple crystal from either Cartel Packs or now the GTN. I believe that there may be some mid game Black-Green crystals on the GTN, but those are hard to come by and can be expensive.

Through Artifice you can craft red, blue, green and yellow at any level. RGB come from Archaeology while yellow comes from Treasure Hunting. Orange is a color Artifice can begin crafting at high level (like 40+) because those materials begin dropping as Treasure Hunting rewards too.

You can find low-level orange crystals in some drop or reward sabers on Republic side. Original subscribers can also get yellow-black crystals from a vendor on the fleet (basic ones for cheap, more powerful ones at higher cost). There are also some crystals available in the Cartel Market (orange something, orange-black maybe?)

As for other specialty crystals, I believe you're mostly out of luck until higher levels. There is a schematic people can get to craft a Magenta crystal that is Lvl 30ish, otherwise many of the other are high-level rewards that come from PvP or special events. I was able to get a green-black from the Rakghoul event that went on in February or whenever that was, but that's a Lvl 50 crystal too.

You can find low-level orange crystals in some drop or reward sabers on Republic side. Original subscribers can also get yellow-black crystals from a vendor on the fleet (basic ones for cheap, more powerful ones at higher cost).

I haven't seen this vendor. What's his name, and where he is?

Edited by Aradesh

low-level magenta and orange crystals schematics are rare drop form certain WorldBosses..

Low LVL toons do not get these crystals. The double color ones (red,black) come from Battle Master or Columi gear. Purple I am not sure as they have changed it a few times but from the PVP/PVE vendors would be my guess. These are all 50+ crystals. The orange one from the cartell is the only one you can get b4 lvl 50 and that one is a lvl 35.

purple comes from coulmi gear, but there has be drops of other colors in gear at lower levels but I only seem them striped out of dropped weapons (WB mostly). The magenta (pink) pattern drops of WB for the lower level one, the level 50 one drops sometimes in Black Hole for me.

The two color crystals are 50 only except the yellow/black one they talk about for pre-order. Also there was a code for one for buying a SWTOR Keyboard, mouse or headset but it has long expireder and people that has just bought the stuff have complained in the forums about renewing the code.

Should add, the pink-purple color crystals from the random Cartel packs are usable at level 10.

Granted it is a very low chance of getting one. And the color is muddier than the old purple.

They are turning up with greater frequency on the GTN though.

Green-black was from Rhakghoul event.

Yellow-black is pre-order bonus.

White was old patch, then bugged, now from random Cartel packs.

Blue, yellow, green, red are craftable.

Orange can be obtained from commendation vendors (you have to strip it out of the weapon).

Old purple was fleet vendor, now L50 heroic mode.

Purple-black is I think PvP?

• 1 month later...
You get the Black-Yellows from Archaeologist Unkorsa, who is a Pre-Order Crystal Vendor on the fleet. You can only interact and purchase form her, however, if you have a Pre-Order code attached to your account.

Can you re these for schematic, and/or sell them on gtn? I've never see. These before :(

Can you re these for schematic, and/or sell them on gtn? I've never see. These before :(

These are pre-order crystals only, they cannot be sold or crafted although you can purchases higher level versions of them from the pre-order vendor on the fleet. If you'd like more information I've included information on all the crystals in my color crystal guide