Returning player

SuperGrunt

I'm returning after I left due to the Bolster being integrated into GF SM Ops. I'm not returning b/c I now feel that I was wrong or anything, but because I feel that the GF SM Ops being reset to 8 man content was a fair enough compromise. I only recently found out about it though when I did return to try out the GSH stuff. I am actually disappointed in BioWare though due to the GSH Early Access that I was promised as long as I had a sub on May 11th was actually not delivered upon. They didn't let me get access to it while my account was Preferred. Granted it is called Subscriber Early Access, but they did make it clear that you had to have a sub on May 11th at first, then added more rewards for having a sub on that date, and set a new date in July for the original May 11th rewards. Quite honestly they made it seem like we could have a sub on those dates and then not have a sub ever again and we would get access on the first day of Early Access. But that is just me complaining a bit about BioWare and promising something and then not delivering upon it.

I'm returning after I left due to the Bolster being integrated into GF SM Ops. I'm not returning b/c I now feel that I was wrong or anything, but because I feel that the GF SM Ops being reset to 8 man content was a fair enough compromise. I only recently found out about it though when I did return to try out the GSH stuff. I am actually disappointed in BioWare though due to the GSH Early Access that I was promised as long as I had a sub on May 11th was actually not delivered upon. They didn't let me get access to it while my account was Preferred. Granted it is called Subscriber Early Access, but they did make it clear that you had to have a sub on May 11th at first, then added more rewards for having a sub on that date, and set a new date in July for the original May 11th rewards. Quite honestly they made it seem like we could have a sub on those dates and then not have a sub ever again and we would get access on the first day of Early Access. But that is just me complaining a bit about BioWare and promising something and then not delivering upon it.

The 8 man only GF was institued only a few days after the change because the 16 man GF caused instability.

Did you go to the SH registry and click on the nar shadda panel to buy it for 0 credits?

Edited by Nickious

they didn't say that you would get early acess for being subscriber on may 11. they said you would get a free palace with 3 rooms (which was later upgraded to 5) - it seemed pretty obvious to me. which you do - you just acess it later. unless you subscribe in which case you get acess right now.

and yes, you have to actualy unlock it - its free to unlock, but its not automatic. I would suggest doing intro quest first, on every alt you have at lvl 15 or above, as it gives you free decorations. on each alt that completes the quest.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I'm returning after I left due to the Bolster being integrated into GF SM Ops. I'm not returning b/c I now feel that I was wrong or anything, but because I feel that the GF SM Ops being reset to 8 man content was a fair enough compromise.

It was changed to 8 man for performance reasons, not as some kind of compromise with scrubs who thought easy mode needs to be hard, or require a gear grind to do, there is no reason to think that it might not go back to 16 man in the future should they overcome the issue as they have been pretty clear the goal is to make Story Mode as accessible as possible.

If you're going for comms, the workaround to the 8m GF opfinder is to run 16m until the last boss and then split into two 8m groups and requeue. Maximum return on comms that way.

And as others have said, they promised that you'd have 5 rooms of the Nar Shaddaa stronghold unlocked if you were a subscriber on 5/11. You only get early access to it if you are a current subscriber; i.e. it's there waiting for you but you wouldn't be able to see it for a little while longer unless you actually resubbed.

Edited by mokkh

Actually they changed it. At first it said have a Sub on May 11th, and you get Access at the start of Subscriber Early Access.

Also anyone who has played this game for more than a day, knows that it has severe performance issues in 16m Operations. It really doesn't matter to me though how you look at the reason nor me. Also read what I posted I stated that I only just found out about it when I came back to try the GSH stuff, which means when I left I wasn't lurking and reading the patch notes, I only decided to glance at them when a friend of mine convinced me to try GSH. Regardless of what you think the reason for adding Bolster to GF Ops was not so that people didn't need to grind gear, it was because some really silly people were using KDY to grind, and thus had no gear at all. Quite honestly, gear grinding is what playing a MMO is about. If you don't want to do that, then why are you playing a MMO?

Edited by SuperGrunt

they never changed it. early acess and free palace were always 2 separate things. early acess was always something you got if you were subscriber at launch of early acess - early acess of near everything is bound to being a subscriber at the time of early acess, its not just housing. same thing was with galactic star fighter. Nar Shaddaa palace was a reward for being a subscriber on specified dates in may and july.

more likely you have misread

If you're going for comms, the workaround to the 8m GF opfinder is to run 16m until the last boss and then split into two 8m groups and requeue. Maximum return on comms that way.
How does that work? technically your lockout for 8man should be all green, uncompleted. Only the 16man lockout is red until boss

There would have to be some lockout sharing bug

Edited by Falensawino

How does that work? technically your lockout for 8man should be all green, uncompleted. Only the 16man lockout is red until boss

lockout is for difficulty, not size of the group. so 8 mans and 16 mans share the same lockout for story, same lockout for hard mode and same lockout for NIM.

They do share the same lock out, always have. Quite honestly they always should. Also that "work around" has always been possible.