Just played a WZ Game.

Anosa

I am seeing knights/warriors with over 100k more damage than anyone else. If that is getting consistent then there's a problem.

However, what caused this change? It's been all the rage this week but what changed?

More than likely they are not Guardian/Juggs. They are Sents/Marauders. Sents and Marauders can put out that kind of damage, even not in the smash/sweep specs, because they have insane single-target dps abilities.

If you take away smash/sweep from Guardians/Juggs, they have nothing. These are the ones you see doing less than 150k per match.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going on the side of that they NEED to be nerfed. For all you new jugs saying you cant do anything ... wait till lvl 50 and spec into rage, then you will see what we are talking about.

Was in a huttball match with 7 rage warriors and 1 healing src ... to say we got obliterated would be an understatement ....

In full honesty ... a guardian/jug is my kryptonite as a sniper ... i seriously cant hit most of them for more than 2k and they turn around and slam me for 7k ... really?

You do know the classes mobility which makes it superb in HB has nothing to do with rage spec? If anything it's suboptimal there cos the other dps tree gives control immunity after each leap. Couple 7 leapers with push and one pulling sorc and if it's not 6:0 withing 6 minutes then they're playing badly, presumably chasing kills. No nerf is gonna change that. Also the numbers you say you post showcase that gear is an issue for you.

i think people are just getting sick of it and there is a lot rolling that now. I know i am seeing more and getting very sick of it. When i see knights or warriors getting 150k higher than other dps classes consistently it shows there is indeed an issue.

Why? Because the opponents are stupid enough to bunch together so as to allow the Knight/Warrior get a crit on 4 people instead of just 1?

It's no different to having 2 or 3 scrapper scoundrels going around stunlocking and snapping necks, or 2 or 3 sages spamming forcequake and FiB. Any powerful class that is stacked together will be extremely powerful.

The annoying thing is that there often isn't much incentive to play something else. Why would you play a commando in the heals role when a sage/scoundrel has far superior surviveability?

Amen.

I just played a NC warzone where every time I got out of our spawn on the south bunker side 3 maras ganked us one by one (starting with me) in seconds, all of them using annihilation.

You're fooling yourself if you think rage was the problem. Sounds like those guys would tare you a new one no matter the spec cos if they're capable of the level of coordination to chain smashes they're sure as heck capable of focusing you in whatever they'll respec to after all the QQs gets rage nerfed. Then we're all gonna be crying about their other trees heh.

Yep, 2 Vig Guardians is a massive force to deal with unless you overpower them with numbers. Not everyone uses focus/rage right now anyway, specifically for the reason that the second we sweep they assume we're rage/focus and we're marked and our life is made hell for the rest of the WZ. Sometimes it's a nice diversion. Othertimes people see that we're in Shien and know that we are Vig spec.

Edited by JefferyClark

I'm going on the side of that they NEED to be nerfed. For all you new jugs saying you cant do anything ... wait till lvl 50 and spec into rage, then you will see what we are talking about.

Was in a huttball match with 7 rage warriors and 1 healing src ... to say we got obliterated would be an understatement ....

In full honesty ... a guardian/jug is my kryptonite as a sniper ... i seriously cant hit most of them for more than 2k and they turn around and slam me for 7k ... really?

That setup only works in Huttball. In every other WZ, it gets killed.

As for your dps/damage taken, if that's what you're doing, then get out of pve gear.

LOL, its very nice of you to all run together in a group. Will certainly make it easy for them.

Knight/Warriors that are specced Focus/Rage have a easy template to play for generating big numbers, however can easily be countered and nullified.

You just need to co-ordinate with your teams mates. If your in a pug, and they are stupid enough to bunch up and get smashed, then theres not much you can do. Do defend a node.

Yep. Easy enough to counter if you're paying attention.

Then there's also the fact that every other class can melt Guards/Juggs like butter... Sents/Maras are harder to take down with their "Guarded by Bioware" power, but still, are easy enough to kill if you catch them at the right time.

As I said in the last thread about this (a whole 2 days ago), this is a L2P issue, not an issue of 1 class being over/underpowered. For every 1 person out there saying this is OP, there are 2 more saying the only reason people play these specs is because the other 2 suck in pvp. Which is true, as a Vig Guardian I have to work my rear-end off to break 150k damage and, for every 1 mistake we make in a fight, the other guy has to make 3 or 4 to make up for it. Period.

Edited by JefferyClark

Not sure what was going on there for you. I'm a knight and in pvp I get my behind handed to me. It seems if anyone might be op its the Inquisitors. I cant get even close before I explode into a lightning fireball :(

Inmlevel 42 and Im sitting there going "Nooooo I cant believe a level 22 just owned me"

Lol, as an experienced sweeper, yes it requires skill to handle the OPness. Inquisitor's are our easiest target. Do us all a favor and ding 50 before coming to the forums

Smash spec ( rage ) lacks control , self healing. They are easy but the problem exists when there are many players doing 6k aoe with smash.

I think putting a short casting time on smash would make things easy and make it interruptable so players would be granted a chance to deny it.

Smash spec ( rage ) lacks control , self healing. They are easy but the problem exists when there are many players doing 6k aoe with smash.

I think putting a short casting time on smash would make things easy and make it interruptable so players would be granted a chance to deny it.

Players already have a chance to deny it if they know what to look for. Making it interruptable is basically killing the spec as that'd make gunnery commandos look born for pvp. 20 sec build up to a smash that can and will be interrupted during the cast time, completely shutting the player down for the next 20 sec? Ridiculous lol.

Not sure what was going on there for you. I'm a knight and in pvp I get my behind handed to me. It seems if anyone might be op its the Inquisitors. I cant get even close before I explode into a lightning fireball

Inmlevel 42 and Im sitting there going "Nooooo I cant believe a level 22 just owned me"

smash/sweep are extrmeely overpowered. im assuming you are new lol

LOL no kidding

Smash monkey is so OP its silly

Its not just a jedi thing OP,

The Imps have been running 6 mauraders/2 sorc groups for awhile

And yeah when 3-4-5-6 all smash for 5-7k each,

not usually anything alive to talk about it

But hey, just remember this is high level skill and tactics in play

or so they all try to tell us.

Is there any plans to fix this?

Spread out. Use interrupts and knockback. Stun.

What surprised me most when I entered PvP for the first time was the total lack of spike attacks. Now we have them and the QQ starts. Healers need protection spells as well as quick casting single target heals to combat spikes.

LOL no kidding

Smash monkey is so OP its silly

Its not just a jedi thing OP,

The Imps have been running 6 mauraders/2 sorc groups for awhile

And yeah when 3-4-5-6 all smash for 5-7k each,

not usually anything alive to talk about it

But hey, just remember this is high level skill and tactics in play

or so they all try to tell us.

Omg nerf commandos, when 4-5-6 of them start hammering you with 2.5 grav rounds every 2 sec and autofire each you're toast!

But hey just remember, they get shut down easily

or so they all try to tell us

Omg nerf commandos, when 4-5-6 of them start hammering you with 2.5 grav rounds every 2 sec and autofire each you're toast!

But hey just remember, they get shut down easily

or so they all try to tell us

:) The day I see more than 1 Gunnery Commando in PvP, yes, you can nerf them (& yes, my main is a Gunnery Commando & I quite like playing it in PvP, more matches than not, I won't be interrupted/etc constantly, though that does happen sometimes).

AOE healing doesnt hurt the game

Actually, it can, it's just less visible because people don't die from being healed. So instead of blaming an OP healer, they think knights/warriors being healed are OP, because those are doing the damage while seemingly hardly taking any.

There might be some problem with smash specs, I still have to encounter them consistently on my Gunslinger. Maybe the spec simply doesn't work pre-50. Maybe it only works well against opponents with very little expertise, since that's not an issue pre-50. Maybe it's because I have a tendency to hang back a little from my team and deal with enemies from a distance, where they don't notice me or simply ignore me because they're drawn to the group 20 meters ahead of me. Meanwhile, I'm unloading such a big amount of Shrap bombs and other dots on them that the healers simply panic and need to tend their own wounds before saving their dying friends. And that's just one Gunslinger hurting them badly and tearing apart their strategy. Imagine what 3 Gunslingers, spread out a bit and unloading half their arsenal with relatively short cooldowns would do to them?

Does this mean Gunslingers and Snipers are going to be the Flavor of the Month February now? That would be interresting, since you still need a team as a Gunslinger/Sniper to perform, to stop the enemy from noticing you.

AOE healing doesnt hurt the game

Probably due to the lack of healers in PvP, it's rare to see more than 2 on a team & when there are more than 2, that team can be very difficult to kill effectively. Imagine if a team 4 healers (& some tanks), true, their DPS would suck, but they'd make it virtually impossible (or at least incredibly difficult) to kill/cap.

First, if you're focused by 3 people, then you really don't have a chance. So people use strategy, oh noes.

I never really found smash/sweep to be that big of a deal. It was more all of it together, the jump, smash and then that big hit that triggers if you're a Juggernaut/Guardian. That is a bit devastating, but after that, Juggs have very little offense. Still got force push and choke, but that jump combo is the best thing they got going.

As for anyone playing Knight/Warrior, try our the tank version of those classes. They do amazing at PVP. Jump, that triggers your big attack that will also put a shield around you, and then smash. I didn't like the Sentinel/Marauder classes at all, but they can do a lot of damage.

I havnt noticed this smash monkey thing yet but then I dont have a 50 yet either . What I have noticed that erks me is healers ....I play a sage , I love the class tbh but I get in a wz and I see another one out healing me but he is no where near the fight at all , when I find him/her they are standing in a corner at a node no ones fighting over hurting themselves over and over then healing to full so they can drive their medal count up , get mvp votes for being top heals lowest deaths.

Groups of Operatives are causing people to QUIT THE GAME.

They won't change this till Makeb for the sole reason that they are not 2 million people playing and tens of thousands leaving daily for random reasons.

2 or 3 people chaining smash is a joke. Only difference is, they can kill 2++ people in the time those GROUPS of Stunlocking operatives could kill ONE..

Rofl.

I never really worry about smashers. Maybe its because I'm a healer so I don't huddle up next to all the dps. What I worry about are marauders and operatives. Most classes I can heal myself long enough for someone to come help (I'm a commando healer so I'm best at defending points), but marauders and operatives just tear me apart.

Most of the people that complain about smash can't read (there are already around 50-100 threads complaining about smash, why create more?) and they have a weak grasp of what is actually happening in their games. They see 3 knights smashing but they don't see their sniper support, heal support or recognize that all of the people killing them are from the same guild and probably on voice chat and have perfect gear. Given a guild premade with everyone fully bis geared consistenting of any class combo and I'll show you a slaughtered pug team.

For every wz where you get smashed to death over and over I can point to really fast huttball/voidstar matches where the enemy team has a bunch of sins/sorcs. And 3 knights on a team does not mean everyone's playing knight/warriors - if class distribution was "perfect" (no reason it should be, but "if)" there would be 2 knight and 2 warriors in every match that only has 16 players total.

For every wz where the smashers top the damage board I can provide many damage boards where they don't. In sub-50 pvp (which I've been doing a lot of lately) my latest sentinel has been rocking damage boards since he hit the mid 20s (all in watchman spec) - one recent game he did almost 300k damage and the next highest damage was under half his. Why? Because I'm a good player and my character is better geared than most. I can do the same thing with my mid 40s vanguard (although I'm not as practiced on a vanguard so it's not consistent) and have done well on a low 20s shadow. My 30s sage has a couple wzs where he topped both the damage and healing for the game. So what?

3 of the Jedi Knights we fought were smashing/sweeping. They all were following each other and doing force leap smash, repeat.

So, all of this smash/sweep OP talk aside, you had 3 people running assist trains in the warzone and you're shocked at their success? Really?

So what comes next is the natural counter to it. Gunslinger/Sniper. They get in cover and the leapers have no chance. No automatic crit, etc.

A sniper can have you half dead before you even get to them, then they knock you back and get another 25%. It's no challenge for them.

It's all a cycle.

The only real way to stop it is to not allow more than 2 or 3 of any advanced class in a warzone.

Or somehow make it not a rock/paper/scissors game.

So, all of this smash/sweep OP talk aside, you had 3 people running assist trains in the warzone and you're shocked at their success? Really?

if you have 3 do this at the same time i will instantly kill everyone effected by smash

My group was fair. I can say they all seemed to try decently... we got obliterated..

why??

3 of the Jedi Knights we fought were smashing/sweeping. They all were following each other and doing force leap smash, repeat. Our group couldn't even stay alive long enough to do anything. These guys were all criting 5-7k each hit. One time of them three jumping into a group would drop us all usually.

Is there any plans to fix this? I is honestly ruining my experience playing this game. I am a big pvp guy and when this happens it sucks the life out of me. I under stand other classes are out of balance too.. but this needs to be stopped. it is by far the biggest OP in the game

Smash/sweep is not OP at all. Those you faced learned how to maximize it's effect when operating in a team. Find a counter tactic and don't ask for a single ablilty to be nerfed. When used by itself is not that OP. You and everyone that can not distinguish between tactics and the "power of abilities" need to L2P and develop counter tactics to defeat creative use of powers.

Judicioust use of stealth and stun lock for instance pwns this tactic. Seriously it's NOT OP, it can be defeated. You need to have patience and be creative.

It sounds like your team was poorly organized and not operating as a unit. Of course you failed. :cool:

EDIT: Mods this post should be moved to the PVP forum. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Smash/sweep is not OP at all. Those you faced learned how to maximize it's effect when operating in a team. Find a counter tactic and don't ask for a single ablilty to be nerfed. When used by itself is not that OP. You and everyone that can not distinguish between tactics and the "power of abilities" need to L2P and develop counter tactics to defeat creative use of powers.

Judicioust use of stealth and stun lock for instance pwns this tactic. Seriously it's NOT OP, it can be defeated. You need to have patience and be creative.

It sounds like your team was poorly organized and not operating as a unit. Of course you failed. :cool:

EDIT: Mods this post should be moved to the PVP forum. :cool:

i dont even know how you can say this. There are players using this to take half a persons health out in one hit.