Escrow buying? - clarify

Decell

Can someone, maybe a mod, clarify what this escrow purchase does. Can FTP now buy credits with real cash? If so this leads down the path of pay2win.

•Escrow Credit Transfers are now available for Free–to–Play and Preferred Status Players. Package denominations are available for 50K, 150K, and 600K . Each Package is a consumable that will immediately transfer the Package's set amount of credits from the existing Escrow Balance as listed in the Currency tab of the Inventory Window to the Inventory credit balance. This transfer does not affect Inventory Credit Caps. Therefore, newly acquired credits will go into the Escrow Balance as normal. For example, if the player has a Credit Cap is 250,000 / The player has 100,000 in their Inventory. The player purchases a 600K escrow package bringing their Inventory credit total to 700,000. Until the credits in the player's Inventory drop below 250,000 (the Credit Cap), the newly acquired credits will be funneled into Escrow. Cost:

•Small Package – 40 Cartel Coins

•Medium Package – 80 Cartel Coins

•Large Package – 240 Cartel Coins

They are purchasing access to the credits they have earned over their credit cap.

F2P and Preferred players have a cap on the amount of credits they have access to in-game. Any credits earned over that cap goes into escrow. If they then subscribe, they get access to all the credits in escrow. Now they have the ability to transfer portions of their escrow amount.

These are still credits they have earned through playing the game, though, not free.

You aren't buying credits, it's essentially like going to your bank and paying a fee to your bank to withrawl more of your own money. If I understand correctly,you can't go over your cap in your inventory, so don't pull out more money than your cap can handle.

That is not what the patch notes say, nor does the example show that these aren't credits for cash

"The player has 100,000 in their Inventory. The player purchases a 600K escrow package bringing their Inventory credit total to 700,000. Until the credits in the player's Inventory drop below 250,000 (the Credit Cap), the newly acquired credits will be funneled into Escrow"

They may only have access to 250k of it due to the escrow limit, however they have had 600k added to their credits, not to their credit cap.

That is not what the patch notes say, nor does the example show that these aren't credits for cash...

"Each Package is a consumable that will immediately transfer the Package's set amount of credits from the existing Escrow Balance as listed in the Currency tab of the Inventory Window to the Inventory credit balance"

That is not what the patch notes say, nor does the example show that these aren't credits for cash

"The player has 100,000 in their Inventory. The player purchases a 600K escrow package bringing their Inventory credit total to 700,000. Until the credits in the player's Inventory drop below 250,000 (the Credit Cap), the newly acquired credits will be funneled into Escrow"

They may only have access to 250k of it due to the escrow limit, however they have had 600k added to their credits, not to their credit cap.

Just stop. People are trying to explain to you that you're wrong and nobody is buying credits. Quit arguing and go try it.

Can't try it, not at home, also i'm not a FTP or preferred so I don't have an escrow. The way this is written I read it as you buy a package of credits that goes to your inventory/escrow. If that is not what it does, then the notes need to be rewritten to clarify that you have to have the money in escrow to get the money. If it can be interpreted that way by someone, it will be another customer service issue and EA/BW sux thread, fixing it now can prevent that. Really read what it says, you get more credits in your inventory, which get moved over after you are under the credit cap, that to me says credit selling.

"Each Package is a consumable that will immediately transfer the Package's set amount of credits from the existing Escrow Balance as listed in the Currency tab of the Inventory Window to the Inventory credit balance"

this is it, I think the font was too small.

Edited by ELRunninW