8-hour maintenance for server consolidation but...

TheAlopex

... nothing is being done to the Asia-Pacific servers, so why do they need that massive downtime for the entirety of prime time?

Honestly, if the AUS servers came back up before the NA and EU servers, and the NA and EU people "flooded" ours for the evening, it would be a BLESSING with our current server pops. Not to mention that I highly doubt those players will just casually decide to start an alt on a massive ping server during their downtime...

We're getting nothing out of this high-pop tech transition, so at least let us play while we're being ignored...

This bothers me also, our server population is already the lowest world wide which is bad enough, but the major down times 2-3 times a week during prime time aren't exactly helping. Please do something BW :x

Ummmm duh?! We are the smallest region, we're always going to have the lowest pop :rolleyes:

they gave you servers because people from there cried, screamed, begged and threw tantrums asking for and demanding them

I think it was more the case that people complained because the game was not being launched until approximately 3 months after the rest of the world. It was only later we found out it was because they were opening servers in the Oceanic region.

... nothing is being done to the Asia-Pacific servers, so why do they need that massive downtime for the entirety of prime time?

We're getting nothing out of this high-pop tech transition, so at least let us play while we're being ignored...

You're getting your servers upgraded to high-pop tech servers in preparation for F2P. That's what the downtime is for.

You're getting your servers upgraded to high-pop tech servers in preparation for F2P. That's what the downtime is for.

Guarantee you, that won't take 8 hours. The consolidation will be by far the lengthiest part of this procedure, just based on sheer data and logistics.

That is not happening in APAC. Those servers will be down and in stasis while the NA servers get polished up after the mergers, and most of you will be asleep.

We'll all be wide awake, hoping to play a bit after a day of work, and can't.

And for what? We'll log in tomorrow evening and find everything EXACTLY THE SAME. NA will have gotten better WZ queues, and AUS will just have lost prime game time and gained a greater ability to host nothing at all.

At least let the APAC servers come back up once you're done with them and are spending the true bulk of the time handling the consolidations that have no effect on them...

Edited by TheAlopex

they gave you servers because people from there cried, screamed, begged and threw tantrums asking for and demanding them

Lol no, most of us did not, and most of us didn't even ask for them.

Also, you have ZERO SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. Those of us who did ask for APAC servers did so at a time when the game was THRIVING and Bioware was claiming we would get over 2 million subscribers and give us new content every month with all sorts of upgrades and optimizations coming soon! We were fed to believe that the APAC servers would thrive based on how awesome this game was going to be. When that reality quickly and rapidly changed over the last few months, what is their response? Silence.

So yeah, excuse us for wanting solutions to our problems which exist TODAY, instead of being held to decisions made months ago when the situation was much different than it is now.

And regarding your condescending tone, yeah, I hope you are stuck with every single decision that you've made in your life and are never given a chance to change course and adapt when the winds change.

8hrs? You are optimistic.

I bet there will be at least another 1 or 2 times of 4hrs+ server down for hot fixes.

Any US based MMO will always have server down schedule like this, have to live with it I guess.

Too bad we can't trolll this forum during server down. Why game down = forum down i can never understand.

The light side option: you have at least 8hrs to try GW2 or download the RIFT free trail to play with. Or even check out MoP kungfu panda warcrap...etc.

There might be client update too, that would mean everyone has to patch before playing.

Ah crap, you're probably right. It's a fair enough reason... IF it happens! Though it's pretty likely...

Maybe I'll play LotRO during the downtime instead of seething...

Edited by TheAlopex

Yay. Our server is going to go from 70 people on the fleet to 80.

Awesome.

Yeah.....and any Australian not happy is going to have something bad happen to them.....like their pet kangaroos reported for a nasty strain of fleas.

I have seen it happen before.....it is a most gruesome sight, so spare yourselves the agony. :D

Right, on topic-ish: I also have never understood why they are taking down the forums during server maintenance. At least in other games, addicts can nurse their addiction by trolling the boards ;)

last week I think they left the forums up during the patch... it was a rather short one but still odd since it was the only time I've seen them do it

Yeah.....and any Australian not happy is going to have something bad happen to them.....like their pet kangaroos reported for a nasty strain of fleas.

I have seen it happen before.....it is a most gruesome sight, so spare yourselves the agony. :D

I hope none of their babies get eaten by dingos!

Edited by Liquidacid

Wow. Really?

No patch at all after the maintenance, and to top it all off:

Hi folks! Thanks for raising awareness for this! Rest assured that Oceanic servers will be getting 12 character slots as well. Apologies for the confusion and the wait as we work on making this adjustment. Thank you for your patience!

Proof that the APAC servers were not even TOUCHED for the vast majority of the maintenance. And with no patch, there was nothing to wait for.

APAC servers lost 8+ hours of prime game time and emerged from it with absolutely nothing except MORE MAINTENANCE TIME NEEDED IN THE FUTURE. Um, what?